Neverworld Review Located...

POWER QUEST
Neverworld
(Frontiers)
I follow Power Quest since the band's very beginning, from the time they released demos, before signing with a label. Thus, I know pretty well whether they progressed or not and whether they truly love the kind of music they play or not. What's the conclusion I came to? Well, Power Quest have evolved a lot and they are honest with what they do and I think that they are one of the best melodic heavy/power metal bands of our days. They feel every note they play, the are true to the bone and this is more than obvious! I like all their previous releases and I loved "Neverworld"! It's an excellent and technical album and I was amazed at the band's progression and evolution. Their compositions are beautiful, colorful, full of sentiments and managing to create sweet and mellow icons in your mind. However, their latest album can not be exclusively labeled as melodic heavy/power metal, since Power Quest added a lot of hard rock elements, especially on the keyboards, which now bear a bit of the 70s psychedelic touch and of VAN HALEN's spirit. As I said the compositions are beautiful, revealing the band's skills and the production is clean and very good, helping the songs elevate even more. I'd also advice you to listen to this album for one more reason. The singer has an outstanding voice and he interprets the songs with lots of passion and feeling!

*8/10
Christine Parastatidou

Behind the Veil Webzine