New 5.1 version of Paradise Lost !

FarOffGrace

Jul 6, 2008
I've just received a newsletter from InsideOut music with an insteresting update for us.

A new version of Paradise Lost will be out on October 11 2008!

Re-release with bonus DVD in a lavish digipack.
Bonus DVD contains 5.1 mix of the entire album plus the video clips of 'The Serpent's Kiss' and 'Set The World On Fire'.

That sounds great!

Sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn't find any topic about it.

Too bad there's no 8.1 release so I can run it through the CAS 360 surround... mmmm Paradise Lost on 8 subwoofers, 3 centers, two zeniths, and 11 surrounds...

EDIT: Why don't more bands do a Marillion-esque release? All at the same time, you get Option A: 1CD. Option B: 2CD. Option C: Collection from both discs. Option D: Special edition with all the frills, DVD, special packaging, extras.

This re-release an album a year later thing is kind of... marketing evil. I'm not singling out SX's label on this one either. A lot of bands are suffering from this syndrome.

excuse my ignorance but could you please explain the bonus DVD? It says the whole album is on the DVD along with the 2 videos. Is the album on the DVD just the audio that you can listen to on a DVD player or does it have some sort of video along with the audio?

I dont really have an amazing sound system or anything, and I can watch the music videos anytime on the internet so I am having a hard time finding a reason to want to buy this since I already have the Japanese version of the regular album.

excuse my ignorance but could you please explain the bonus DVD? It says the whole album is on the DVD along with the 2 videos. Is the album on the DVD just the audio that you can listen to on a DVD player or does it have some sort of video along with the audio?

I dont really have an amazing sound system or anything, and I can watch the music videos anytime on the internet so I am having a hard time finding a reason to want to buy this since I already have the Japanese version of the regular album.

You get a) Paradise Lost on CD @ 128 kbps (standard CD audiot bitrate) @ 2 channels (left and right)
b) Paradise Lost on a DVD @ assuming higher bitrate @ 5 channels. Basically in order to hear the difference you would need an AV receiver with 5 speakers connected to it, surrounding you in a circle.
Its on a DVD because theres too much data to be stored on a CD.
Plus on the DVD you get both videos, and I'm hoping they're high quality version.

I recently bought a stereo speaker system with a subwoofer so I have no reason to get this. Maybe if I get a DVD played in my car then I would get this.

Would be funny if the Domination-thud is still in the mix.
The Domination Thud! LOL! The first time I heard it, I thought someone was shooting at my car...

And I still don't get the Domination Gap. It just sounds like someone hit the mute button for a second while the band was still playing, as opposed to the band stopping for a beat, then continuing. Oh well.

And I still don't get the Domination Gap. It just sounds like someone hit the mute button for a second while the band was still playing, as opposed to the band stopping for a beat, then continuing. Oh well.

Like I said in that thread, it's there to add tension to the song. It's been clear for me since the first listen.

^ Same for me, so get over it man. :p
It also somehow reminds me of the gap in Metallica's Harvester of Sorrow.

It also somehow reminds me of the gap in Metallica's Harvester of Sorrow.

I hear you. The gap in Harvester is so sudden and unexpected. Best Metallica album, too, imo.

The Domination gap is supposed to sound sudden and violent. Every time I hear it I think of a giant blade or other deadly weapon being swung.

EDIT: Why don't more bands do a Marillion-esque release? All at the same time, you get Option A: 1CD. Option B: 2CD. Option C: Collection from both discs. Option D: Special edition with all the frills, DVD, special packaging, extras.

Like you stated in your post: it`s all about business. Sad...

Also, releases like this create the illusion that the band is active. BTW, when will the band start to work on new material?