New Adagio-anyone heard anything?

sweepking

Jul 18, 2002
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything off of the new Adagio. I really liked the first one, and I hear Forte is working on the new one. His song on the Alchemists was insane. He is probably my second favorite guitarist behind MJR.

I just heard some of this band for the first time a few days ago. . . .
:OMG:

I'll be sure to get their next album when it comes out.

I am not sure of the lineup...I think the singer is at least the same...not sure about the rest. Forte is an amazing player. If you haven't heard his song on the Alchemists you definitely need to check it out too.

the guy has fanstic chops but does nothing for me.
Kinda like Michael Angelo, great playing but no soul behind it.
I just can't get into it.
Adagio was the same, especially with that keyboard player from Majestic and Time Reqiuem, all speed no emotion.

the album sounded so sterile and boring to me, I barely listened to it twice.

just sounded like a Symphony X wanna be with no emotion behind what they are doing.

that's just my opinion of course

I do like Adagio!
BUT...i must say, although you can't compare those two, i prefer Ark over Adagio.
Repeat: i'm not comparing, just telling what's fav...
In Nomine is my fav song of Agadio..(till so far).
I'm glad i passed by because i didn't knew Adagio is working on a newie.
I'm curious what it will be because i don't think it'll be a copy of the first one.
If it is, i know i will be disappointed and give up hope already..
don't want another Rhapsody-thing, it's so not-inspiring, it gets boring after two albums..and that italian perm-head isn't even finished with the saga (although it may seem with " rain of a thousand flames") that "vancullo" :mad: just continues with his solo-projects...DUH!
:yell: Geez, some people just don't know where to stop!!!! :yell:
I may hope, Forte will treat me with something new :)

xxx Iris xxx

Originally posted by Iris
Now THAT was chinese to me!!!
I'm a dutchie ;)

xxx Iris xxx

Hehe, sorry, Nobuo Uematsu is a composer who has done all of the main series Final Fantasy game soundtracks. He has an album out of original non-FF related music called Phantasmagoria, so I thought perhaps you were a fan.

Originally posted by Demonspell
If Richard Andersson isn't involved, it will probably sound less overtly like Symphony X...

Actually Richard Andersson didn't contribute any music to Sanctus Ignis, Stephan Forte has all the writing credits...actually most of the keyboards are programed by Forte as well, the only parts that are Richard are the synth leads.

But on the other hand, judging by Fortes song on The Alchemists and the bonus demo Nifelhiem, I can kinda hear the direction Adagio is going in, and they'll sound less and less like SyX and get their own vibe more. I can already feel they have a darker overall sound, and -harmonically- approach the kind of atmosphere a black metal band like Dimmu Borgir gets (Stephan has said he is a fan of theirs actually).

Oh ok, Yngvai...thnx for the info.
I do like Final Fantasy the movie a lot! But as for music composers, i still like Eric Serra's work..do you know that guy?
He made the music for Leon and uhm..saw one recently and i can't come up with the title, damn! I think it was Minority Report, but i'm not sure. (gonna look that up in the store, i have my own files in which i can see what movies i took home, maybe that'll give me a clue). My phantasmagoria are my dreams...that's where i'm located, that's where i can make it all happen. It's not for no reason my status is Lucid Dreamer ;)

xxx Iris xxx