NEW ALBUM 2020/2021?

Hahahaha the wristbands. I was a dumb fuck back then.

Anyway, if they're going to make a new album, I think all they have to do is keep the same style and sound world as Hexed, but have lead guitar melodies carry the tracks. That and Alexi needs to sit down and really bust his ass over the solos. It's really sad but I can't really remember much of the solos off the top of my head from Hexed. What makes the other solos so good is that they're like a little song in themselves, you can remember note for note very easily.

I feel like Hexed's solos are pretty good. This Road, UGAC, Hecate (ESPECIALLY Hecate), Hexed, and Relapse all have that segmented, multi-part soloing. I recall hearing somewhere that Alexi has always written his solos by soloing over a track a whole bunch of times, then going back and taking the parts he felt were best and stapling them together.

Even the shreddy solos still hold memorable melody imo. Far better than the likes of IWC's solos.

Just wondering. Since Hexed had been ready almost a year before its release, Laiho has probably had time to come up with some material as he mentionned in an interview (how much material though?) and this should speed up the new album process. When do you think we could expect a Hexed follow-up?

I personally think late 2020 or very early 2021. He's mentioned in various places that he's already worked on new COB stuff.

I'm going with 3 years. Now that we learned that Nuclear Blast doesn't mind delaying albums for months and months.

The curious thing is how different FTR is musically to HB despite being made almost directly after.

New Bodom maybe fall 2021.

But I don't really worry about it, you'll soon find out why...

Last edited: