New album Foregone out February 2023

Well, I don't think the model really understands what I mean by vagina, or it just isn't trained to output that kind of thing :D nonetheless it gave me some art that would still be better than what we got.

owl boy.png

owl boy 2.png

Also...

lmao.png

Perfect.

Dead Ships is also a fantastic song.
Definitely. Dead Ships is amazing as well. I would score them the same, but for different reasons. Fear is the Weakness is more artistic to me. Dead Ships just rocks out, the type of song you throw the horns to \m/

And let’s not forget Ropes and A New Dawn.

The title track is not as good musically imo but I can’t help but sing along to the chorus (“we are ghosts of the concrete world…”). An example of how decent lyrics can elevate a song. So I will include it on my EP too.

SOAPF Straight Bangers EP
1. Sounds of a Playground Fading
2. Fear is the Weakness
3. Where Dead Ships Dwell
4. Ropes
5. A New Dawn

Reactions: DE4life
From SOAPF, the song, I specially like the solo part.

WTDSD is more like a... typical single. But it's effective and has a nice chorus. Musically is not the best from the album but it works perfectly as a whole.

Unlike Ropes a lot. It reminds me of classic Heavy Metal. And A New Dawn. Though the fact that the intro is a plagiarism has kind of diminished its value to me. And, I also wish that Bjorn had put a bit more of effort into the acoustic and solo sections that are, mostly, the same tune played once and once again. But the verses are great, and the chorus. And how the song enters into its final section just after the last acoustic break is amazing. One of my favourite tracks from the band.

The only song that I don't like is Enter Tragedy. And the one that I tend to skip is All For Me. Not because I don't like it but because, to my ears, the album suffers of having too many midtempo songs. So this is the one that I like the least from those songs.

Reactions: DE4life
Definitely. Dead Ships is amazing as well. I would score them the same, but for different reasons. Fear is the Weakness is more artistic to me. Dead Ships just rocks out, the type of song you throw the horns to \m/

And let’s not forget Ropes and A New Dawn.

The title track is not as good musically imo but I can’t help but sing along to the chorus (“we are ghosts of the concrete world…”). An example of how decent lyrics can elevate a song. So I will include it on my EP too.

SOAPF Straight Bangers EP
1. Sounds of a Playground Fading
2. Fear is the Weakness
3. Where Dead Ships Dwell
4. Ropes
5. A New Dawn

Is there a reason why Deliver Us is not on that list. Probably the best IF song ever created. What a shame..

SOAPF title track is probably one of my favourite IF tracks across all their albums. That Metallica-esque opening, the transition into the riffs, the intense opening verse which quickly introduces that epic, soaring chorus. Then later when the chorus transitions into that pulsing, upbeat solo. Lyrics are also excellent which always helps, and both verses and choruses have slight variations to them across the song which makes each one unique. Just feels like a track that had a lot of thought put into it.

Reactions: eochaid
Is there a reason why Deliver Us is not on that list. Probably the best IF song ever created. What a shame..
I like the video but I don't think that the song is that great. Or, to say it otherwise, it doesn't make it into my top 30 IF songs. Maybe even more. Why? Because songs transmit different things to different people.

And A New Dawn. Though the fact that the intro is a plagiarism has kind of diminished its value to me.

Not just plagiarism, but plagiarism of fucking Black Veil Brides :D come on, Bjorn. At least with SoSD they plagiarised At the Gates.

The other thing I really like about SOAPF as an album is that it has a very definable atmosphere. I can't explain in music theory, sorry, but when you hear a SOAPF track you know exactly what album that came from. In terms of atmosphere I'd say it's only just behind TJR.

Nah, its the best IF song ever.
I like the solo, but otherwise I’m indifferent to the song. I don’t hate it, and I will listen to it if it plays (like listening through the album) but it’s not one that I actively think about.

Deliver Us is a good commercial IF track. Not embarrassing like Truth or House. But it isn't really anything special either.

When you hear the vocal stems from SOAPF you really do realise how intelligent the production choices on that album are. Anders' harsh vocals are just as shot on SOAPF as they were on ASOP. Possibly more so. Still, because the production is so wide and chunky it basically absorbs those vocals into the mix and injects them with the power that the instruments are providing. It creates an impressive synergy between the two, which is completely lost on future albums.

Frankly whoever produced/mixed the vocals for SOAPF is a magician. You have two songs in Ropes and Liberation which are almost all cleans, yet, in my opinion at least, Anders actually sounds good on both. I enjoy each song, inclusive of vocals. Compare to Come Clarity or TCP, where Anders' cleans are just terrible. No matter what anyone thinks in regards to the merits of either song, his cleans are objectively horrible on both. We know he still couldn't sing by the time SOAPF was recorded, but man, whoever produced those vocals did a tremendous job hiding the weaknesses and letting everything blend together in a way that actually sounds pleasant to listen to.

What I can't understand is why they decided to go a completely different route afterwards. Anders should have heard how his vocals sound on this album and said 'we're sticking with this production crew until the bitter end'. Instead you get the mess that was SC, and then teaming up with Benson and his autotune machine, which to my ears sounds far worse than the vocals from SOAPF. Dem LA connections, though.

Siren Charms was Roberto Laghi and Daniel Bergstrand, same music/vox producers that did ASOP and SOAPF (Bergstrand worked with Anders from R2R - SC)

The difference is the former 2 were recorded over a long period of months in IF studios (formerly studio Fredman) and SC was recorded in 6 weeks in Hansa Studios in Berlin

That's true, although I do wonder what it was that made the band (and their producers) decide to go down such a drastically different path.