New album Foregone out February 2023

Terrible analogy. People write music they understand the music theory behind without doing it all the time. My point is to explain what YOU mean in actual musical terms, you know, conventions in songwriting that pervade the genre. You don't know how to do that, so you revert to In Flames not knowing either. It doesn't mean they aren't following aspects of learning they haven't fully put together verbally. Try again though. The idea of someone commenting this much on assuage board when they haven't liked the band is just a strange use of time, that was my point. It's not an indictment on fans of different eras and that was obvious based on what I said, don't turn it into what you always try to say, and yes, I've seen it over and over.

Even if I know shit about music theory I can still state my opinion. It's ok if you don't like it. In fact, I don't care about people sharing it. Nobody is here with the pretension of knowledge. Just feelings or sensations or whatever you wanna call them. You don't like my opinon? Well. It sucks, doesn't it? Because I don't give a shit.

You know shit about me and my thoughts about the band. What if I only like Lunar Strain? What if I don't like them at all? Who are you to decide what other people is allowed to talk about or where that people is allowed to talk? You can go fuck yourself with your shitty attitude. And, before you reply, yes. I can also go fuck myself, but I don't care. I'm usually for the fun and don't care that much about online provocation but I also personally hate your kind.

And I don't care if my opinion is wrong. I don't care if it pisses you off. But I care about your shitty attitude. Because, even if we throw ourselves at each others throats, even if we have strong opposite opinions, even if we have not liked the band for 20 years, or have never liked the band, or only like the last album or their first album, this is still a community of people and that means that we have a relationship. So I, anyone, is allowed to write and share their thoughts about every piece of shit that crosses their minds and you're no one to ask for explanation.

So, record this in your mind. I will say whatever I want to say and wherever I want to say whenever I feel like saying it. If you don't like it, "ignore" user is still an option on this forum.

I'm not sure I actually ever uploaded this... Fear is the Weakness instrumental:

Also, since we were talking about it, here's Vanishing Light instrumental:

I cannot believe that I'm going to say this but I feel that FITW is benefitted by Anders vocals. The music is a bit... flat. And the vocals are making it interesting.

Reactions: The Grayfox
I cannot believe that I'm going to say this but I feel that FITW is benefitted by Anders vocals. The music is a bit... flat. And the vocals are making it interesting.

SOAPF was essentially the only album where they ever found a way to blend Anders' newer vocals in perfectly with the instruments.

Yep. Even the fake vocals sound good there. I just wish, I always did, that he was able to put some decent vocals online. I like, or used to, his voice at studio (not his singing, his voice tone) but it's not worth it when it's, mostly, based upon studio production and pro tools.

Indeed so. I really wish I'd known I wasn't using my fucking GPU properly before. I can now use Ensemble Mode in Ultimate Vocal Remover and the output sounds far better than what I was creating before. Fuck. Oh well :D

Reactions: galvanized
Fear is the Weakness is honestly a masterpiece. Maybe one of the best modern IF songs. The guitar work is masterful and has a lot of extra touches. I love that little mini pre-chorus solo at 1:12. And yeah, Anders vocals on this song add a lot. A lot of emotion in the hoarse “all turn cold…”

Again, why do you follow a band you don't even like this long? How does it make sense in your brain to like a few albums early on from a band that's had 10+ and still comment on it religiously?

Do you realize how ridiculous this is? Why is it important that the albums are "old" or that they've had many albums since? You're acting like once something is X years old, it isn't worth discussing and commenting on anymore. They are In Flames albums, yes? This is an In Flames forum? Why is it wrong to talk about albums that we love in a place that is quite literally meant for that purpose?

On top of that, you're assuming we all hate everything after the 90s or something, which is incorrect. Is Battles my favorite album? No, but I've commented multiple times that I quite enjoy Wallflower. I also enjoy SOAPF as a whole. There are songs on ITM that I like. But the point is, no one is required to love every single thing IF has ever done in order to discuss here.

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
Fear is the Weakness is honestly a masterpiece. Maybe one of the best modern IF songs. The guitar work is masterful and has a lot of extra touches. I love that little mini pre-chorus solo at 1:12. And yeah, Anders vocals on this song add a lot. A lot of emotion in the hoarse “all turn cold…”

Fear is the Weakness is a prime example of a "newer" In Flames song that just hits the mark on many levels. Yes, even Anders hit the mark. I could really get behind another album like SOAPF.

Just to make it clear. I like FITW. Maybe, my problem, is that is followed by WTDSD in the album. Two songs with a very similar approach. And that I like the second better.

Dead Ships is also a fantastic song.

This is why, to me, the output following SOAPF was so disappointing. That album proved that Anders and Bjorn had it in them to produce excellent music if they really wanted to put the effort in. It's not that they're incapable, it's just that they purposely chose to abandon that path and go down a much less interesting route.

I'll also never understand people saying SC is a natural follow up to SOAPF. Just listen to the instrumental of both (SC instrumental is out there already). They sound nothing alike.

Dead Ships is also a fantastic song.

This is why, to me, the output following SOAPF was so disappointing. That album proved that Anders and Bjorn had it in them to produce excellent music if they really wanted to put the effort in. It's not that they're incapable, it's just that they purposely chose to abandon that path and go down a much less interesting route.

I'll also never understand people saying SC is a natural follow up to SOAPF. Just listen to the instrumental of both (SC instrumental is out there already). They sound nothing alike.

I think that SC tries to follow a route that they started with SOAPF but to an extreme. It's simpler and more alternative. The main difference, quality of the songs aside, is that it has less internal coherence. To me, it feels like a bunch of random songs pit together. Like they have little in common.

AI generated concept art, second attempt...

Lunar Strain

00060-1045666330-in flames lunar strain.png

As noted previously, badass.

Subterranean

00062-3222347323-in flames subterranean, album cover art.png

The Jester Race

00063-1265658149-in flames the jester race, album cover art.png

Whoracle

00064-218099065-in flames whoracle, album cover art.png

Colony

00066-3222833021-colony, album cover art.png

Clayman

00070-1847076483-clayman, album cover art.png

lmao :D

Reroute to Remain

00071-845794931-reroute to remain, album cover art.png

STYE

00072-881271030-soundtrack to your escape, album cover art.png

Come Clarity

00077-29838278-come clarity, album cover art.png

ASOP

00082-3415387752-a sense of purpose, album cover art.png

Sounds of a Playground Fading

00093-982114102-sounds of a playground fading, album cover art.png

Siren Charms

00096-1310346847-siren charms, toilet, album cover art.png

:rofl:

Battles

00099-3462020439-battles, toilet, album cover art.png

I may or may not have added 'toilet' to the prompt.

I, the Mask

00100-766678840-I the Mask, album cover art.png

Foregone

00103-3235965338-foregone, album cover art.png

Bruh... :err:

And some randoms...

Anders Friden and a Monkey

00107-434221294-anders friden dancing with a monkey, album cover art.png

00117-2447923023-anders friden and a monkey, album cover art.png

00113-902634165-anders friden and a monkey, album cover art.png

Donald Trump in South Park

00203-1482492812-south park donald trump.png

Some of these are pretty great.

For ASOP, you should put "man walking towards gaping vagina" in the description and see what happens.

What if we were wrong and disconnected is about Anders mortal fear of women? He's staying at home and he calls the men walking the street dead because he thinks that, in fact, women are going to hunt them and kill them.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Grayfox
So, the vagina is a symbol of death and the dude that has entered the labyrinth is, in fact, trying to run away from it. That is, from the vagina.