New album Foregone out February 2023

The Jester Race's production is perfect for the music. Untouchable record. The only weak spots for me are the the later parts of Wayfarer and Dead God in Me as a whole, as well as the stock electrical current sound effects in the title track.

Colony's production is pretty good, but it's overwhelming in a way that makes it hard to hear some of the fine details. It might be because the cymbals are too high in the mix. Clayman's production is clearer overall, but the drums are too punchy on that record for my taste.

Reactions: galvanized
I was going through the Whoracle tracklist and honestly it was like, 9/10 or 10/10 for everything except the title track, which is basically just an outro instrumental anyway and really nice in its own right. Whereas on TJR there is Dead God in Me which is only a 7.5/10 for me, and thus brings it slightly below Whoracle in the overall standings. Also whilst I'd say TJR has a lot of 9/10 tracks for me, Whoracle has more 10/10's with Jotun, Gyroscope, Jester Script and Episode 666.

Dead God In Me always feels like a bonus track to me. Wayfaerer feels like the proper end of the album.

As an aside, it was nice to see Our Infinite Struggle getting some love a couple of pages ago. I haven't seen it mentioned much on here, but it's been a hidden gem for me for a few years. With lower harsh vocals and different production, it would sit seamlessly on either Colony or Clayman, in my opinion!

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
Personally I prefer The Inborn Lifeless demo to Dead God in Me. The former has worse overall production but just seems to work better.

Also, interestingly, Anders has writing credits for one song on Whoracle - Morphing Into Primal. I'm curious as to what he contributed. It can't just be lyrics or vocal lines, as he isn't credited on any other songs.
There's no more information about this on the booklet. So, this is a once in a lifetime event. Anders being part of the writing team. But there's nothing distinctive about the song that will help to guess what is it that Anders did.

The description for the lyrics go as "Lyrics written by Niklas Sundin following original synopsis by Anders Friden".

Last edited:
As an aside, it was nice to see Our Infinite Struggle getting some love a couple of pages ago. I haven't seen it mentioned much on here, but it's been a hidden gem for me for a few years. With lower harsh vocals and different production, it would sit seamlessly on either Colony or Clayman, in my opinion!
Vanishing Light is good too. The melodic tremolo style chorus is also old school sounding. I have always felt that Come Clarity bogs down with a lot of mid-paced songs and ballads in the middle so my attention starts to wander. But at the end The Infinite Struggle, Vanishing Light always catch my attention again, almost surprising me. They definitely stand out compared to the other material. Agree that The Infinite Struggle’s verse could have easily been a Colony song. And I actually like the last song, Your Bedtime Story, quite a lot too, even though the title is cringe AF.

Edit: it’s actually my misperception that CC is on average mid paced or full of ballads. Actually, most of the songs are very fast paced, especially compared to today. Dunno what to say. I guess the slower singing choruses are what stick in my brain.

Last edited:
Reactions: eochaid
With the exception of Scream, for me, it's a great album. I love the guitar work there. Funnily, nobody ever mentions YBSISUA. It's a curiosity but I think it's fine.

I find Bedtime pretty boring... I mean, it's fine I guess, but it's basically in the Jester's Door category of tracks I won't listen to again.

Vanishing Light is a legit 9/10 track. Love that one.

TJR is a great album. Though the right expression, I'm talking about music theory, is "fucking enjoyable".
Man, I guess my comment really struck a chord. If you can ever explain music theory even if the artists can't, that'd really help your point of view. Instead you speak in platitudes.

You claim to have been reading this forum from some years ago. It doesn't seem like that. Nobody here hates IF. We just love different stages of the band.

And I wonder why the "you hate them because you don't like their latest efforts" never applies to the people who doesn't like their first era.

Nobody says that Slave hates IF because he doesn't like LS or TJR. And nobody says that because it would be stupid.

If you think that musicians with or without music studies write in the same way then you don't understand how music is written. It's like saying that not knowing about photography theory doesn't change the way that people takes pictures.
Terrible analogy. People write music they understand the music theory behind without doing it all the time. My point is to explain what YOU mean in actual musical terms, you know, conventions in songwriting that pervade the genre. You don't know how to do that, so you revert to In Flames not knowing either. It doesn't mean they aren't following aspects of learning they haven't fully put together verbally. Try again though. The idea of someone commenting this much on assuage board when they haven't liked the band is just a strange use of time, that was my point. It's not an indictment on fans of different eras and that was obvious based on what I said, don't turn it into what you always try to say, and yes, I've seen it over and over.

Maybe, because not everyone have the tools to leak a vinyl. Or they don't understand music theory.
How sarcastic can you continue to be? Keep trivialitizing what you don't understand, it makes you look good for sure...

Again, why do you follow a band you don't even like this long? How does it make sense in your brain to like a few albums early on from a band that's had 10+ and still comment on it religiously? Oh wait, ypu love Com Clarity, I'm sure that would be your return comment.

Have you not grown at all as a music listener? I'd love to hear of bands that you think have been really consistent. I don't think In Flames has been one of them for a long time for both of us, but it seems you must either:

A) like some good stuff you enjoy talking about, or
B) You don't know what else to do with yourself outside of complaining about a band you liked 20 years ago.

pics won't load :( Also, could you try to remove vocals from MYM?

Huh... that's weird. I can see them on PC, but when I browse on my phone they are indeed not there. Assume you're on phone?

And yes, no problem. I'm on it.

Huh... that's weird. I can see them on PC, but when I browse on my phone they are indeed not there. Assume you're on phone?

And yes, no problem. I'm on it.

Nope. I also cannot see them on the PC. It's just the IMAGE label.

Meet your Maker Instrumental:

Meet Your Maker (Vocals Only):

:unsure:The song feels more... consistent without the vocals. To me. Of course. The chorus... I don't like it. It lacks... Punch. To me. Of course. Like, just the lead guitar is not enough to fill it. Then, after listening to it like this, the only really weird, out of place, part is the end of the first solo section and the beginning of the second one. I feel like something is missing there. I'm not sure how to describe it. Maybe, it's a problem of expectations.

About the vocals... What to say? They are nothing special. Then, the autotune, being more evident, is making it more cringey.

Reactions: The Grayfox
Yeah, the chorus vocals sound so insanely processed when removed from the music. Basically because they are. I kind of like the instrumental version, it's got a good groove to it for the most part.

Reactions: eochaid
I'm not sure I actually ever uploaded this... Fear is the Weakness instrumental:

Also, since we were talking about it, here's Vanishing Light instrumental:

Also, a couple of more obscure instrumentals...

Strong & Smart:

World of Promises: