New album Foregone out February 2023

I am eagerly waiting any of you to reflect what I said. This is your 3rd reply to the topic and the most you could say was "it is a metal site, so it is representative of metal people's preferences". You casually ignored In This Life beating the fuck out of December FLower, or Battles and ITM destroying Colony on Spotify. You graciously ignored the fact that by the time someone ends up in a hellhole site like this one, they are already a minority of a minority of a minority. But if I were to search for other polls, like on reddit or Facebook, you would ignore them all.

This is not a debate between politicians, so you don't have to say "he doesn't know what his talking about" 10 different ways to score points in the peasant's eyes, who have no idea what we are talking about and they are just looking to support a participant who looks confident, even if he says nothing at all.
Haha, you think They and every single music media/site don’t focus mainly on every social media platform? Your statement maybe valid in a world without internet.
So? I have internet and I have access to every single metal site. Guess how many am I on? This one.

Once again, you will find different people on youtube, reddit, old-school discussion boards like this and facebook. You can ask the same questions and get VASTLY different replies.

Reactions: Xpyro125
And you haven’t thought that people used to listen to legal or illegal physical copies or mp3s when those were released and looong afrer. Most people listen to new music and those and those new shitty songs are also featured on hundreds of mainstream playlists. You count only listens from there and base your opinion on that. Well done..
Are you.... hold up... are you suggesting that my metrics from Spotify are not representative because we have to take other factors into the equation??!!

Oh my, if this isn't exactly what I told you about that poll. I am glad that I could represent for you why it's silly to base a generalisation on a skewed metric.

Reactions: Ilias7 and Xpyro125
Dudes... I'm just going to say this. I don't even listen to Spotify. I have all the music that I like in my computer and my favourites in my phone.

I also don't vote on metal sites or any other site.

What do I mean? I don't think that neither Spotify or online polls are representative of anything.

And don't coke with Spotify about numbers because we don't know the numbers of the people who don't use Spotify at all.

So, a poll only represents the people voting on it but Spotify also only represents the people using it.

Reactions: Ilias7
For me, not cleaning the kitchen or taking my dog out. But slave gave me the motivation, cheers. :tickled:

Slave is still yet to understand that less is more.

If he just says "in my view random poll on a Finnish site isn't representative of the bigger picture" then fine, fair enough. Why an entire fucking thesis containing stupid statements like "metal sites are not representative of metal fans".

Reactions: anzi
Of course they are. And, no matter how we look at it, Spotify is not. It's just representative of views but we don't know if those views come from metal fans or anyone else.

My wife listens to IF at Spotify from time to time but her favourite music is classic rock or pop, Queen, U2 and KPop.

And I won't even mention (of course I'm doing it) how spotify makes the random playlists unless we pay for premium. Which means that it is theplatform that decides what are we listening at when picking an artist discography. The few times that I've used, and played IF discography, I had to hit advance an insane amount of times to skip songs from albums that I don't like. And we don't know if that still counts as a reproduction or what it does.

And I won't even mention (of course I'm doing it) how spotify makes the random playlists unless we pay for premium. Which means that it is theplatform that decides what are we listening at when picking an artist discography. The few times that I've used, and played IF discography, I had to hit advance an insane amount of times to skip songs from albums that I don't like. And we don't know if that still counts as a reproduction or what it does.
That's true for Spotify on phones. On your computer you should be able to play the songs in order, just with ads. Though I've used Spotify premium for some time now so they may have changed it.

That's true for Spotify on phones. On your computer you should be able to play the songs in order, just with ads. Though I've used Spotify premium for some time now so they may have changed it.
But I don't need it at home since I have all of my music in the computer and original cds and vinyls.

I don't even use Spotify as it doesn't let me filter out bands who haven't created at least 5 albums. Smh, absolute basics.
And don't forget that there are generational differences. A lot of time, the preferred platform for listening to music depends on the age of the listener. I don't know many people of my age and 10 years younger or older that listen to music at spotify. Ok, lets say five to eight years.

And don't forget that there are generational differences. A lot of time, the preferred platform for listening to music depends on the age of the listener. I don't know many people of my age and 10 years younger or older that listen to music at spotify. Ok, lets say five to eight years.
I'd assume Spotify is preferred by zoomers and younger millennials.

So I guess. At least, it doesn't seem to be very popular among Boomers and X-Generation.

Idk, my dad is 59 next month and mainly uses Deezer. My girlfriend is older than me and can't understand why I still purchase physical media.

I think a lot of it comes down to personality and preference. Old ways using mp3s still works for me, streaming platforms work for others.

Reactions: The Grayfox
Idk, my dad is 59 next month and mainly uses Deezer. My girlfriend is older than me and can't understand why I still purchase physical media.

I think a lot of it comes down to personality and preference. Old ways using mp3s still works for me, streaming platforms work for others.
Lol my dad turned 58 recently and he listens to the radio, particularly SiriusXM. I don't think he listens to much music outside of the car though lol. He listens to classic rock/metal and occasionally country.