New album Foregone out February 2023

I'd assume Spotify is preferred by zoomers and younger millennials.

Somebody gifted me a premium membership a while back and then I just got used to it, so I use it consistently now. I do like using it in my car especially. It’s much easier than changing out CDs (do these even exist anymore?) or having to fill up phone space with music. I have a large mp3 library (15,000+ songs) that I still listen to on my PC, which I use constantly for work. Long story short, Spotify is convenient for me so I use it.

I don't even use Spotify as it doesn't let me filter out bands who haven't created at least 5 albums. Smh, absolute basics.

Common problem. I was listening to Blackbraid and it struck me; “wait a minute, this is too new and he doesn’t have 5 albums yet, why am I listening to this trash? I’ll revisit this in 10 years if he’s still making music. If not, then it wasn’t worth listening to in the first place.”

Anders, in your infinite wisdom, you have given me purpose in life. All hail King Anders. God he’s so cool.

Reactions: J_msh84 and DE4life
Yeah man, can't believe I've wasted the last week listening to Fellowship when those amateurs have only released one album. Lmao. Rookie mistake by me. Will check back in a decade and then maybe they'll be worthy of my time.

Might be the most idiotic statement he's ever come out with honestly. We all know it's not something he really believes, either. It's just something he said out of childish spite.

Reactions: J_msh84 and eochaid
Only one? "They sound like DY and I yet like Dark Tranquillity" is also a good one.

What can I say about that...

Why listening to IF when there are other bands doing what they've been doing for the past decade?

Why listening to Anders and Bjorn IF when we have old IF?

Why listening to a band who has lacked a trademark sound since Clayman?

The thing is, it's clear that he's annoyed when people asks him about THE. This is starting to be a serious issue with him and, the worse part, is that just lying and pretending that everything is ok would be the smart move because, that way, people would stop asking him about them. But he seems to be more an asshole than smart.

Guys, guys... Please check out this relatively new band called At The Gates.

I started listening to them in 2014. I also heard they had some 4 albums before that, but I'm not gonna listen to that amateur stuff for sure.

Reactions: The Grayfox
Dudes... I'm just going to say this. I don't even listen to Spotify. I have all the music that I like in my computer and my favourites in my phone.

I also don't vote on metal sites or any other site.

What do I mean? I don't think that neither Spotify or online polls are representative of anything.

And don't coke with Spotify about numbers because we don't know the numbers of the people who don't use Spotify at all.

So, a poll only represents the people voting on it but Spotify also only represents the people using it.
More or less you get my point.
Slave is preparing to go out tonight so he needs a reason to start predrinking.
It actually happened to be true this time, but it wasn't the reason I kicked it off. It made me hurry up like my last two replies but that's all. I shouldn't have, but I even cut back from the insults, so maybe people are more willing to explain themselves, but lo' and behold, it was still just random bullshitting.

Sure, I get it. Solely using personal attacks at me instead of actually trying to refute my points does have a random chance of riling me up, which - if happens - is fun, but eventually people should stand their ground and actually prove they can argue their point as well. Like that guy who played the riff from the ASOP track (I'm The Highway, I believe, when I said IF copied that solo to ITM). Did it convince me? Not entirely, because to my casual ears it still sounded extremely similar, but if someone was willing to record themselves playing both riffs and telling me that they may sound similar, but they aren't, I can definitely appreciate that.

No, I don't expect video essasys from anyone, but if someone can't support their argument with ANYTHING, then what is the point of even trying to argue.
Slave is still yet to understand that less is more.

If he just says "in my view random poll on a Finnish site isn't representative of the bigger picture" then fine, fair enough. Why an entire fucking thesis containing stupid statements like "metal sites are not representative of metal fans".
Because if someone is trying to argue that an Uzbek metal site's poll had STYE finish at #1 in the "best IF record poll" and therefore it means that IF fans think STYE is the best IF record, I expect you to be sane and not jump on the bandwagon. It doesn't fucking mean shit. It is not representative. It is like one puzzle piece out of 200, so don't claim that you solved the puzzle.

You guys successfully passed my Spotify test, identifying the many faults with basing general assumptions about the whole fanbase just by the Spotify nubers alone. People may listen to older songs on different platforms (physical, youtube), playlists affecting listening numbers, newer records having more people listening to them just to check them out, etc. Now try to use a quarter of your critical thinking required to reach this conclusion on the fucking barren wasteland which is that finnish fucking metal site 800 people knows of.
So does Anders think that people shouldn’t listen to Passenger? There’s only one album, clearly there isn’t going to be a second.

But I guess it’s different when it’s a band he’s in eh?
He didn't say you shouldn't listen to bands with just one released record. He reflected to the comparison of styles, namely THE and IF being similar genres. He basically said that IF has 10+ records of genres while THE only has 1, and it is up to their future records to place them into a category.

Reactions: Xpyro125
Sure, I get it. Solely using personal attacks at me instead of actually trying to refute my points does have a random chance of riling me up

Relax. That was just a joke :rofl::rofl::rofl:. At this point I'm a bit upset that you don't get when I'm joking. Maybe we're at different points in our relationship.

He didn't say you shouldn't listen to bands with just one released record. He reflected to the comparison of styles, namely THE and IF being similar genres. He basically said that IF has 10+ records of genres while THE only has 1, and it is up to their future records to place them into a category.

In fact...

The vocalist ends by stating that he'll listen to them if they're still a band after putting out five albums, and that he's already listened to Dark Tranquility, which is what he's been told they're most like: "Let's say they make five albums and they're still a band, so that's when I hear them. Really, I'm not curious.

This is from an interview for a Spanish magazine.

Would you just let me have my fun?

Metallica was finally able to become a worthy band with Load/Reload. On the other hand, Sex Pistols and Guns N' Roses influenced far more people than IF, but they are definitely worthless because they only released less than 5 Full LPs.

Am I right, Mr. Friden?

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
Relax. That was just a joke :rofl::rofl::rofl:. At this point I'm a bit upset that you don't get when I'm joking. Maybe we're at different points in our relationship.
You has many different meanings. In this case I meant it in general terms, so you = someone.
In fact...

This is from an interview for a Spanish magazine.
He still didn't say that others should only listen to it when they have more records released. He basically said he was told they are like DT now, so if they will eventually release more record and will have their own sound, he may listen to them. At the end of the day it's an excuse, but it is unfair to not give him a break on this one. They are not in good terms, he would rather not talk about them, that is all.
didnt-read.gif
See? This is a self-proclaimed 21 years old. They are simply too retarded to be engaging on discussion boards like this. If it's more than 160 characters (or whatever the twitter threshold it is now) they just can't be bothered. You won't find these people en masse on finnish metal sites.

He still didn't say that others should only listen to it when they have more records

He didn't. We are just thinking of applying the same politics as he does. He won't listen to them until they have, at least, five albums released. So, why not doing everyone else the same?

He basically said he was told they are like DT now, so if they will eventually release more record and will have their own sound, he may listen to them. At the end of the day it's an excuse, but it is unfair to not give him a break on this one. They are not in good terms, he would rather not talk about them, that is all.

The amount of mental gymnastics that you must have gone through to reach to this paragraph is just amazing.

Reactions: DE4life
See? This is a self-proclaimed 21 years old. They are simply too retarded to be engaging on discussion boards like this. If it's more than 160 characters (or whatever the twitter threshold it is now) they just can't be bothered. You won't find these people en masse on finnish metal sites.
Tbh it probably would've been better not to post that as I think about it more. Went ahead and deleted it.

We all know that every variation of his explanations about why he did not/will not listen to THE is at the end of the day boils down to personal conflict(s). That was a very educated guess before, and Anders almost all but confirmed it lately. It's absolutely pointless to dwell on this any further, because we don't know the details. You think you'd like it more if he was "more mature" about it, but if he straight up said he has beef with X and Y, then media outlets would just jump on that like vultures, and next time everyone would ask him about his beef with X and Y. He can't win, and it's just silly to try to put these things into either the THE's or the IF's guys mouth.

Let them be. It would be amazing if they shared a stage, but essentially bullying them into it will never work. They will reconcile if they feel like to.
Tbh it probably would've been better not to post that as I think about it more. Went ahead and deleted it.
Every generation is different. Me knowing how to rewind a cassette or being comfortable with the way discussion boards function has no real life advantage whatsoever.
Dude, if people were to delete things based on Slave's opinions Jesper would be deleting the first five IF albums.
Or his drunken, pathetic Facebook outbursts. Oh wait, he actually did delete those.