New album Foregone out February 2023

So you were the one? Someone mentioned that here. And that was not a nice move (of him). I mean, what a jerk!

I guess that Anders would not be very happy if he were to know about this forum.

I guess that Anders would not be very happy if he were to know about this forum.

In fact, the forum's already been closed once per In Flames's request. :D

This initially used to be the official forum, but around the time R2R leaked shitposting got out of hand and down went the board. It was re-opened a bit later as an unofficial forum, as the band wanted to distance themselves from the place. Can't blame them for it, really. Imagine some random dude just having found out about IF. He buys R2R, learns the band has an official forum, joins and innocently posts "Hi! I'm Tim, I just bought R2R and it's awesome." Then, instead of receiving friendly welcomes he is immediately told to fuck off. Probably not the best possible kind of PR for the band.

I have no idea whether In Flames are aware the forum still exists, but if they indeed are I don't think they're too offended about it. Generally speaking the phpBB forum as a format/platform is practically almost dead anyway.

They want the exclusiveness of shitting on other people :rofl:.

Well. Any band that wants to keep a forum under control, by giving power to the people that are faithful to the band, can go fuck off.

If nothing else In Flames have the power of God on their side :cool:

It's tough for me to get too excited about In Flames new stuff when The Halo Effect's songs are so fucking good. I don't feel like I need to compromise by attempting to get that fix from IF anymore. I hope they come out with a solid album, of course, but I can't imagine it's going to come close to Days of the Lost.

In fact, the forum's already been closed once per In Flames's request. :D

This initially used to be the official forum, but around the time R2R leaked shitposting got out of hand and down went the board. It was re-opened a bit later as an unofficial forum, as the band wanted to distance themselves from the place. Can't blame them for it, really. Imagine some random dude just having found out about IF. He buys R2R, learns the band has an official forum, joins and innocently posts "Hi! I'm Tim, I just bought R2R and it's awesome." Then, instead of receiving friendly welcomes he is immediately told to fuck off. Probably not the best possible kind of PR for the band.

I have no idea whether In Flames are aware the forum still exists, but if they indeed are I don't think they're too offended about it. Generally speaking the phpBB forum as a format/platform is practically almost dead anyway.

I also remember this. When RTR came out, this forum got hammered by a bunch of pissed off people. It was closed due to "too much negativity." As you said, that was probably the right call. Years ago, somebody claimed that Bjorn was aware of this forum, but I doubt he's actually lurking around here or anything. Although that would be pretty funny.

So you were the one? Someone mentioned that here. And that was not a nice move (of him). I mean, what a jerk!

To be fair, I did basically say that In Flames didn't mean shit anymore without Jesper. I mean, not in those words, but that's what I was implying. And I still stand by it :D

There aren't that many places dedicated to IF discussion, outside of FB, Twitter, etc. So, it wouldn't surprise me if they were aware of this place. Can't imagine they care enough about it to browse, but who knows.

I didn't know about this place until after Everdying shut down, which was around 2006. Didn't register until 2008. I was just getting into the IF fandom around the time Reroute came out, and very much remember the negativity. Even Clayman has some stigma. I can recall being rounded on back then for saying Satellites and Astronauts was my favourite IF song, and getting called a poser :D good times. We were all Ciko once upon a time.

Never joined JesterHead. By that point I wasn't as huge of a fan as I had been, and was hugely disappointed by ASOP. It felt like IF had become a brand with cult-like followers who refused to accept any criticism of the band. This forum was one of the only places around the late 2000s where you could be critical of the band without getting totally shit on. In a way things had totally reversed from the early 2000s, when speaking positively of the band was considered laughable.

I can't really remember my exact reaction to Jesper leaving, but it's probably archived on here from one of the threads in 2009 or 2010. Most likely I was still pissed off about ASOP and not particularly bothered.

Huh, turns out I was quite annoyed after all.

Wow... gutted by that news. In Flames are kinda renowned for saying that if one member left it wouldn't be In Flames anymore. I guess they'll change their stance on that, as there's a lot more $$$ to be had from the In Flames name yet.

People can pretty much forget about In Flames returning to their former glories now. Jesper was the force behind TJR/Whoracle, without him those influences will be lost.

Well, I wasn't wrong.

Reactions: eochaid
Everdying was fun. Then there was Neverdying. Then came Jesterhead. Then came Plintus making JesterAss. Also fun.

Archy was a moderator at Jesterhead and he was really on board the In Flames train at that point. If you said anything negative even if it was constructive, you could count on a PM from him telling you to stop. They wouldn't allow you to express your opinion, unless it was in line with theirs. I remember one time Archy PMed me and told me to leave and go "hang out on the bullshit Neverdying forum." Classy guy.

To be fair, I did basically say that In Flames didn't mean shit anymore without Jesper. I mean, not in those words, but that's what I was implying. And I still stand by it :D

Well. You were expressing your thoughts and Anders decided to be a moron and throw you to the wolves.

Years ago, somebody claimed that Bjorn was aware of this forum, but I doubt he's actually lurking around here or anything. Although that would be pretty funny.

He may possibly even have done a bit of trolling here. :D

Before In Flames and Soilwork released their Trigger/Rejection Role videos there was a rumor going online about the two bands having physically fought. Later on Björn admitted they had started the rumor themselves as a joke to "promote" their videos (if someone doesn't remember: in the IF video Soilwork bully them before/during a concert and later on there´s a fight--in the Soilwork video the roles are reversed and it´s In Flames who are the bullies)

https://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/the-trigger-ep-the-horror-continues.90098/

The good old days :D

2. Watch them Feed (New song): The minute it starts I was ready to puke...shitty ass downtuned riff.

Personally, I think Jesper should leave In Flames before all of his credibillity is gone. Dimension Zero is what In Flames SHOULD be, but unfortunately aren't

I mean their fucking remixing songs ! RE MIXING ! ONLY RAPPERS AND MAINSTREAM FAGS REMIX !

In Flames is a parody band.......

No one in their right mind can say Anders sounds good with his clean vocals here, for fucks sake the man sounds like he needs two squirts of nasal spray! R2R's clean vox were a WHOLE lot better than these (now that should REALLY tell you something...)

Dude, fuck the flames, they shafted us with this pseudo-metal linkin parkesque synth crap. Of coarse the EP sux, they are now on the well treded road of sell outs.

If you want shitty singing, whack off to Reroute to Remain.

Depth Charge is the only sensical one left in this forum. With the exception of him, all you ass hats make me sick. Go stand in your picket line of elitism close minded nonsense. Or get shot. Either way.

Moonshield still doesn't do it for me...ah well.

Well, im just glad i never bought an In Flames CD, look how crap they've gone... i loved the acoustic breaks, the power ful vocals and stuff like the solo in zombie inc, where has all this beauty gone? they've turned into a shit band, linkin park is better, than R2R thats for damn sure.

I think that Anders is the problem. Before RTR, the music was written by Bjorn, Jesper. Now: "Music written by: Bjorn, Jesper, Anders" :erk:

I like just one song from RTR. That's Minus. All the others are :yuk:

LOL

I first heard the Trigger EP in 2004, years before I made any contact with the IF fanbase. Thought the songs and the remixes were all good.

I remember downloading Watch Them Feed from Kazaa, before the EP came out. I actually thought it was mislabelled when the song started, as it sounded nothing like In Flames. The production on that song is unique to say the least.

Trigger excluded I never really listened to anything off that EP regularly, or at all. There was a time when I dug Land of Confusion, but nowadays the clean vocals make me cringe. Screams are very Clayman-esque though - probably the last song Anders screamed like that. I maybe listened to the remixes a handful of times each, and Watch Them Feed is one of my least played IF songs. A lot of people like it, but it never did much for me.

Also, never knew that Suidakra covered Stand Ablaze.

Mixing is a bit shit though... I can only assume they were going for the authentic 1995 amateur sound :D

I like WTF. It's heavy. It's fast and it was fresh after R2R. And, it was the first time that Slipknot plagiarized IF.