New album Foregone out February 2023

This isn't even my first account. I had one before this that was primarily used on the official In Flames and Nevermore forums. Man I wish they didn't delete that IF forum completely. I would have loved to go through and see what kind of bullshit I posted back then :D

If you follow In Flames on Facebook (if you're that old), you can still see a fair bit of pandering there. I actually stopped following for that reason, but I check in every now and then and it still seems present. I think a debate is fun. The problem is, it's never civil on social media. Even when Metal Injection or MetalSucks or some other metal media post about In Flames, it always leads to the same thing, which is some form of elitism.

This forum goes back to about 2003 which is still a trip in of itself. Nearly 20 years of history (forever we will alwayyssss be). It is a shame the original version of the forum was wiped, though, as I would loved to have seen the mayhem around the Reroute release :D it was bad enough in 2008 when I joined, I can't imagine what it was like then. I don't remember Everdying being that bad, but to be fair I don't have any strong memories of that time period forum-wise. I don't think STYE was very well received, but I don't recall it being majorly vicious.

FB and YT vids do indeed have a lot of IFWT style comments, but on FB especially there's a lot of old-schoolers putting their two cents in as well. I remember when House was released it was just a wave of increasingly furious comments :D

I feel like the chorus is pretty bad. Rushed or something. Forced. As if he's trying to be more... Emotive than he really feels. Does it make sense?

Children's choir doesn't help. What the fuck was their obsession with children's choirs on Battles anyway?

The children's choirs are, were, and always will be one of the worst fucking things In Flames could ever do.

1200px-In_Flames_-_Rock_am_Ring_2015-0118.jpg

My favourite Anders is probably 'hard man' Anders...

upload_2022-6-29_22-49-19.png upload_2022-6-29_22-49-47.png

Bruh, if you're going to go for that look, don't write lyrics that sound like they came from a 13 year old's diary. Seriously.

:tickled: That first one always makes me laugh. The 'Anders in prison' look. Anders strikes me as the guy who as he aged thought "man, I need to look more bad ass, what can I do?" And then it turned into "I also need to look younger..." and so there we have the Anders bad ass prison youngster hybrid.

:tickled: That first one always makes me laugh. The 'Anders in prison' look. Anders strikes me as the guy who as he aged thought "man, I need to look more bad ass, what can I do?" And then it turned into "I also need to look younger..." and so there we have the Anders bad ass prison youngster hybrid.
Trying to appeal to the american metalcore crowd

Reactions: The Grayfox
I posted a face morphing thing of the second hardman Anders picture a while back and it was amazing... doubt I can find it very quickly now (I'm guessing it's in the Clayman 2020 thread somewhere) but might still be on my phone...

I posted a face morphing thing of the second hardman Anders picture a while back and it was amazing... doubt I can find it very quickly now (I'm guessing it's in the Clayman 2020 thread somewhere) but might still be on my phone...

Here it is...

Screenshot-20220629-232058.jpg

Bottom right just kills me every time :D

Reactions: eochaid
:D If you look at the bottom right and also listen to the isolated Jester Race scream at the same time... that'll do it.

:rofl: thing is his badman image suits the TJR/Whoracle period a lot better than the SC/Battles period... I mean, you wouldn't equate that look with stuff like Through Oblivion, WEWO, The Truth, Like Sand, etc... our man Anders is a complex individual.

Well, I needed something to make sure I didn't pass out in the evening anyways. I appreciate you for that, man.

The stuff of nightmares :D I actually think it would be even worse if it was that picture accompanied by "when I look at youuu I see meeee" with some weird distortion applied.