New album Foregone out February 2023

Another thing about the Stand Ablaze 2022 performance is that it's slower than the 1999 version, which was sped up quite a bit. This one is much closer to the tempo of the original. I think I prefer it faster tbh.

Reactions: eochaid
That crowd is fucking DEAD for Stand Ablaze though... like, it looks like they're frozen in time or something :D can't even see anybody headbanging. I mean, it's a fucking obscure song from a 1995 EP that 99% of them probaby haven't even listened to, but still. What a shit crowd. I'm sure they were jumping da fuck up for OFTW though.

It's a cool opening for sure, but I can't help but think it might have been better to have Stand Ablaze a bit further along in the set so they could actually let people know the album it was from, as yeah, most of the crowd probably had no idea what they were playing :D

The list has changed and, suddenly, it has become worse.

FITW, CMN and AFM. I can only imagine somene playing these three songs one after each other because they hate their audience.

Fear is the weakness is one of the best songs they've released since Jesper left don't be silly. The other two sure they're more hit or miss.

It's not about the song. It's about where the song is placed in the setlist. That part would give me a big yawn.

Then, you say that it's one of the best songs since Jesper left as if it that has some kind of merit.

The crowd was obviously dead but weren’t they dead for every song? Pretty sure everyone is sitting down.

Idk, it was sad either way though. Especially as I've just been watching the crowds at Wacken with tons of energy, even very late into the night.

Great performance.

I know people are thinking that the emergence of THE has given IF reason to up their game, but I still think that Broderick being added to the band is a factor. 90's In Flames is closer to his specialty than their more recent stuff, and with the ITM touring cycle pretty much done, they can start experimenting with new setlists that better fit the present lineup stylistically.

Also, kind of funny how Bryce is the first bassist that does live backing vocals since Johan Larsson.

I don't think that anyone outside of Bjorn and Anders has any influence in their decisions. And it's not as if Niclas wasn't a well known melodeath guitarist.

They've said that they won't play old songs because the public is mostly quiet during them and now they open with Stand Ablaze.

Of course it's related to THE.

I honestly don't understand how Anders is still able to scream with that awful technique.

We're two THE albums away from IF doing some special tour with a setlist from the first 5 albums.

Honestly I expect Stand Ablaze to be a one off for Brinner. If you look at their setlists before this they were starting off with Alias (using the Stand Ablaze keys as an intro, if memory serves), and I think that will probably continue. I'd be really surprised if it becomes a regular on their setlist. Unless, as @Starforsaken said, they've done something like rerecord it for their new album. If they have then I can only hope it didn't turn out as horribly as the Clayman rerecordings.

Another thing that I don't do is asking people for money so that they can hear my awful screams.

Tbf if people wanted to pay to hear my awful screams I'd probably set up a Patreon or something :D

Anders' would be the lamest Patreon ever. With Ciko creating a thousand fake accounts in order to give him money.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
Sadly Ciko would become one in a sea of fanboys and fangirls :D I was browsing Anders' insta the other day and it was pretty funny, especially some of the women desperately trying to get his attention. That was interesting. @ciko_gfb if you're on insta you need to get yourself involved before these harlots take your man away :eek: