New album Foregone out February 2023

So they're releasing the third single in like 3 months, from an album that hasn't been announced and Anders said will come out next year? If this keeps up, by the time it's released, we'll have about 4 new songs to listen to on it.

I think he said that he is not sure if the album will come out this year or the next one. Hopefully, the new single will come out with an album announcement.

Something about that name… really creative. makes me think they are gonna go old school and focus on the music and friendships rather than getting rich.

Reactions: DE4life
IF is surprisingly savvy with social interactions, despite them being, you know, a boomer metal band. How many songs do I have to listen btw?

edit: don't tell me it's a community effort...

edit2: "Be sure to come back each day until the final surprise is revealed!" - don't tell me it has a limit for each day

Last edited:
:D fuck putin and his fucking war, my favorite forum deserves my attention

New album Foregone out February 10, 2023

Hell yeah! A metal song! Fast paced, no clean singing. Very ATG inspired again. Nice solo and guitar parts throughout.

On the same level as State of Slow Decay. Better than The Great Deceiver.

Alright well, I think we can safely say for this album at least they're totally abandoning the pop-metal IF of the past three albums and hugely changing direction (again). The opening to the song is pretty sick. no obvious plagiarism anywhere, solo section is actually something different from the usual Bjorn #693 and overall the track feels quite fresh. So far the best of the three released singles for me.

The only real issue I have is that, despite becoming heavier, this really doesn't feel much like In Flames anymore. It feels more like Anders guesting on Tanner's Night Fiends project or something.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Wtf, our Russian Mr Robot delivered!

And what the fuck is this song. I know we could've seen it coming, but this is the first song which doesn't try to pop it up like at all. I don't think this record will be for me, as none of the new songs excite me, but that part after the second minute is pretty fucking cool. I want that.

Honestly it's been 3 tracks so far I don't have anything to say about. It's not bad, but it's not good. It's not by the numbers new In Flames, but it's not something new and exciting I really look forward to.

It must be for people like me then, fans of songs like Scorn and ATG.

I’m getting pumped. Hope the rest of the album is as heavy, fast, metal, good.

For SoSD I have what I consider a legit issue with the BBF copying. To me that makes it feel like a cheap rip off. I can't really ignore that, although I appreciate for most people this isn't a problem, it's just a personal thing I can't get past.

Grand Deceiver is fine for the most part. The 'Joey was right' line is really bad, but outside of that it's okay.

This track is... I mean, it's fine. There's nothing really wrong with it. My personal tastes as far as MDM are concerned, however, lean more towards the two M's and less towards the D. I listen to this kind of music for the incredible combination of melody and heaviness that very few other genres possess.

Forgone PT.1 has the heaviness, but for me is lacking in the melodic department. It's not the same feeling I get if I listen to Serpent/Veiled in Scarlet or Nightrage for example. It's not the same feeling I get from listening to THE. This song is okay, not bad at all, but if it wasn't In Flames would it convince me to listen to an entire album? I'm not sure it would.

Holy shit!!! I'm loving it!! What a performance by IF, Anders still rules. I'll make another long comment about the song, but if that part 2 doesnt have the acoustic part, I'm gonna blow my brains. :D THAT ACOUSTIC WAS SO GOOD.