New album Foregone out February 2023

I'm sure they had their concerns, but the idea that Jesper had behaved so horribly in the IF days that he "pretty much ruined any chance of them even having a friend ship again, let alone him coming back to the band" is clearly nonsense, as within 6 years he and Peter were in a band together, and he never stopped being friends with Bjorn.
There's a picture of Jesper and Anders together at the studio a year or so before he left the band. So I call all of that bullshit.

Anders problem, most surely, comes after Jesper's rant online not before that

I do think that Jesper's addiction was a small part of it, but very much not the whole issue all those years ago. Even then, it's clear that Peter's and Daniel's friendships with Jesper came out intact. My theory is that Anders' and Jesper's friendship (And maybe Bjorn's and Jesper's) fell apart because of it and the conflict of where to take the band musically (Which is where I slot Bjorn in, I guess). Touring seems to have been tough for Jesper for a long time, and something tells me that became the case sometime in the ASoP era (He looks like he was having the time of his life during CC's touring, so I don't think it was then).

That being said, it's a lot easier to repair friendships once you don't have to interact with someone on a day to day basis, don't have to deal with creative issues, and don't have to deal with business issues. I just think that for Anders, it's his own pride that's in the way these days, and that is a bout of immaturity. Even Bjorn's on good terms with Jesper now, so I don't think it's him saying no to In Flames and THE touring together. Jesper may have made a lot of scathing posts about the band when his addiction was at its worst- We can't just decide to ignore that- but he's clearly done his part to try to repair his friendships with everyone else, though that could possibly exclude Anders. At the same time, I can completely understand if Anders took it to heart and never let it go. I hope that's not the case, but I can understand if it is. Considering that the Swedes seem to usually try to act like everything's fine with everyone or sweep things under the rug when there's tension or drama, we have far less to work with than some other bands. Shoutouts to Witchrot.

Pretty much, I just think that Jesper's and Anders' friendship fell apart, but that Jesper at least has done some things to mend the bridges with everyone.

The rest of them undoubtedly were fed up with Jesper's alcohol abuse. You don't prepare to give an ultimatum for a band mate of 10+ years for no reason. Peter said that had Jesper not quit on his own volition by the time he did, they would've soon sitten down with him and basically given him two choices: either get help & cut down on the booze or leave the band. Jesper had already missed parts of a tour two times by then and they felt it was getting unbearable to be in a situation where you could never be sure if one of the guitarists would be able to tour or not.

”[He] pretty much ruined any chance of them even having a friend ship again” sounds exaggerated though. But it should be taken in the account this was (supposedly) said shortly after Jesper was gone. Perhaps they'd been fighting and this was their initial reaction after he left. However, like Xpyro125 put it ”That being said, it's a lot easier to repair friendships once you don't have to interact with someone on a day to day basis, don't have to deal with creative issues, and don't have to deal with business issues. ” So quite possibly they started thinking more positively about Jesper once they took some distance from him. Jesper visiting and hanging out with the guys during the SOAPF studio sessions already sounds like the rest of them weren't that serious about wanting to write him off (as a friend) after all.

Reactions: Xpyro125
Jesper said, and Anders said in an interview back in 2012 or 2013 that the main problem was that Jesper and they did not agree in the musical direction and that was the main reason as to why he left the band.

It's funny, because Nine Inch Nails has been recently admitted into the rock and roll hall of fame, but because it was during the pandemic, they recently held a sort of band reunion intwerview to celebrate (almost) every bandmate who were involved during the years. The reason I'm bringing this up, because Trent was by all accounts a fucking asshole, and many bandmates left during less than amicable conditions.

For example Trent not only fired Charlie Clouser during a heated argument, but actually threw all his synth stuff out the window, and even years later they talked shit about eachother on the fan forums. He was so pissed about Chris Vrenna leaving, that the next record's first song was literally about Trent singing about someone who abandoned him in a time of need, shouting "WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU" at the end of the song. Or there was Richard Patrick who complained that the few hudnred bucks he gets for touring the band as a guitar player is kinda fucked up, to which Trent said there's a local pizzeria down the road and they are looking for delivery guys, so maybe take it up as a second job. Trent was also a druggie and an alcoholic at that time, so even on stage it was a regular sight for him to just crawl around on the floor, mess up his lyrics, tackle his bandmates and fuck up their instruments.

STILL they all matured over the years and sit alongside eachother and talked about their time in the band together and whatnot. He actually had them on stage the next night and played a few songs with all of them involved. Unless someone fucked your wife/gf, I don't see a reason why you couldn't just forgive or at least forget, and only remember the good times.

And before you'd put all the blame on Anders, may I remind you that even a few years ago Jesper was still acting like a child. Which is said, because most of the stuff I mentioned about NIN was during their most obnoxious phase, being in their 20s-30s and on the top of the world, doing all the booze, drugs and women they could possibly had the time to do. With IF we are talking about two people who are nearly 50...

The Jesper post-IF stuff is always hugely exaggerated though. He made like, 2 or 3 harsh comments on his personal FB page which were always deleted about 5 minutes later. Wow, what a fucking maniac. No wonder Anders basically considers him he-who-shall-not-be-named, Voldemort style.

Reactions: eochaid
Unless someone fucked your wife/gf, I don't see a reason why you couldn't just forgive or at least forget, and only remember the good times.
Or if they were ex-lovers. After 10 years of romance, one of them got mad and threatened to tell everyone their secret. That would explain a lot of it. For all we know there might have been multiple love triangles in the band.

The Jesper post-IF stuff is always hugely exaggerated though. He made like, 2 or 3 harsh comments on his personal FB page which were always deleted about 5 minutes later. Wow, what a fucking maniac. No wonder Anders basically considers him he-who-shall-not-be-named, Voldemort style.
You know it as well that it's about the implication. His stunts, however minute they might have been on the surface, implies bigger issues behind the scenes. Just because we only see the top of the iceberg we can't pretend there isn't a whole fucking mountain underneath it. If nearing your 50s you post high-school level jabs at someone on social media (whether you delete them later on or not), then it's fair to assume you have some issues.

As big of a drama queen Anders is, I applaud him for keeping his mouth shut and being angry and petty privately. Sure, when interviewers try to force something out of his grip he lets some of his pettiness show, but it's not like he's eagerly waiting for every opportunity to throw shade at others. He just wants to be left alone (in his room?).

Just listened a podcast which Tanner and Bryce featured. Tanner says their favorite from the album is "Bleeding Out". Also said that Cynosure is "psycho" drum wise.

He said he wrote the drum parts, he's not been instructed to do something, he just did what he would've done on a record.

I was just looking at the different vinyl and box sets on nuclear blast for the new album and noticed on the track listing a 13th bonus track called “Become One” not sure if anyone else noticed or mentioned already or if there will be anymore bonus tracks exclusive to country specific.

Also I wonder when we will start getting album reviews, maybe December time? Guess I’m a little impatient :rofl: