New album Foregone out February 2023

I'm hoping for something a bit different. There's been nothing wrong with the first three songs, as such, and they're arguably the best full-on metal tracks IF has put out since CC days - but I don't find them particularly interesting to talk about. It'd be nice to have a song that goes in a different direction, without being a joke like Truth or House. Something more like Stay With Me or Voices.

I'm hoping for something a bit different. There's been nothing wrong with the first three songs, as such, and they're arguably the best full-on metal tracks IF has put out since CC days - but I don't find them particularly interesting to talk about. It'd be nice to have a song that goes in a different direction, without being a joke like Truth or House. Something more like Stay With Me or Voices.
I would be shocked if it was something similar because that makes no sense.

My bet is that it's going to be based upon the acoustic riffs from part one.

Also watched an interview with Chris, he said that the new 3 singles were heavy but there's heavier songs on the album. He also said that at the same time album will have so much diversity.

With Foregone part 2 coming, I think we'll hear 1 more song till album released. Don't know why but it looks like record labels release more singles than ever. For example, Arch Enemy's new album Decievers released at 12.08.2022. They released their first single at 21.10.2021 and released 4 more with span of 2-3 month, total 5 single. I guess THE released 5 single too.

Last edited:
With Foregone part 2 coming, I think we'll hear 1 more song till album released. Don't know why but it looks like record labels release more singles than ever. For example, Arch Enemy's new album Decievers released at 12.08.2022. They released their first single at 21.10.2021 and released 4 more with span of 2-3 month, total 5 single. I guess THE released 5 single too.
Soilwork also released a good chunk of the whole thing.
My guess is because they cannot longer care about albums sold, but rather about tracks played in Spotify + other cloud services. It's easier to stick around to an artist if you have 5 tracks from the new album as compared to playing one on repeat.

There's something nice about having an entire album of new songs to listen to, with one or maybe two having been released as singles beforehand. Releasing half of the album before it's even out takes some of the fun out of the actual album release for sure. But yeah, seems to be the way things are now.

There's something nice about having an entire album of new songs to listen to, with one or maybe two having been released as singles beforehand. Releasing half of the album before it's even out takes some of the fun out of the actual album release for sure. But yeah, seems to be the way things are now.
With I, The mask it was 6 singles before release. Voices, I am above, I the mask, call my name, this is our house, and burn if my memory is correct. Will probably have a similar schedule I bet. Part of me loves getting new music, but yes I believe it effects the overall listening experience upon album release.

With I, The mask it was 6 singles before release. Voices, I am above, I the mask, call my name, this is our house, and burn if my memory is correct. Will probably have a similar schedule I bet. Part of me loves getting new music, but yes I believe it effects the overall listening experience upon album release.

Weren't at least a couple of those unofficial leaks? I could be wrong but I'm sure I remember one or two tracks leaking despite not actually being singles.

But yeah, this isn't a post-pandemic trend, it was happening at least a few years prior as well.

Weren't at least a couple of those unofficial leaks? I could be wrong but I'm sure I remember one or two tracks leaking despite not actually being singles.

But yeah, this isn't a post-pandemic trend, it was happening at least a few years prior as well.
I think a few leaked before their release date yes. I remember getting I am above from Amazon music about 1 month before it came out. It was downloadable for roughly an hour then they took it down. But anyways, I think all of them had music videos or lyric videos before release

Looks like Stand Ablaze has been dropped from the setlist, not been played for the last 7 shows.

A shame, but they've been playing Pinball Map instead which is still a great song. Still hoping they bring SA back into the set for the UK tour next month.

I guess it'll depend how much space they have on their setlist. I assume Foregone pt.2 will take a slot as it'll be released by then, but it'll depend on the kind of song it is. If it's acoustic then it may not make sense to have it on the setlist. A single would normally be inserted directly after release, though.

Stand Ablaze probably wasn't getting the reception they wanted. I think they went a little too far back with that one. I would bet the vast majority of the people in their crowds now have no idea what that song is, which is a shame. Hell, the only reason they still play Behind Space is because they re-recorded it in '99.

They also dropped The End for Alias. Even with the changes, it's probably the best setlist they've had in quite some time.

It's funny because they're desperately trying to backpedal now to appeal to a fanbase that has largely deserted them. Hence their great idea of playing Stand Ablaze falling flat with most audiences - you've been pushing away real metal fans for years now, lads. The majority of the crowds that come to your shows aren't even going to know what Stand Ablaze is, let alone recognise it as a "classic" IF track. You reap what you sow.

Reactions: eochaid