New album Foregone out February 2023

Is there any indication Anders and Bjorn are going to let Broderick or Tanner have any real say in the creative direction of the band? It'd be a good idea but they barely let Niclas write anything and he was in the band for over a decade if you count his late 90s stint as well.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
Hey man, I'm definitely excited for a new In Flames album. Usually there's at least a handful of good songs!

Sure, it used to be that the vast majority of songs on a new In Flames album were good, but I have a hard time letting go, okay

Anyway, I'm hoping against hope that the production is better than on Battles and I, the Mask. Like I said a while ago, that ten-second section in the bridge of Underneath My Skin is pure Colony, but with Benson's lame-ass production it had zero punch and nobody ever noticed it.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
Anyway, I'm hoping against hope that the production is better than on Battles and I, the Mask. Like I said a while ago, that ten-second section in the bridge of Underneath My Skin is pure Colony, but with Benson's lame-ass production it had zero punch and nobody ever noticed it.
It’s not just Benson though. On SC Bjorn adopted that dry guitar tone as well, and that was before Benson. But agree, with proper guitar tone and production that whole section would have been massive.

Wasn't that SC?

Siren Charms was also, but I specifically remember interviews from Anders and Bjorn talking about how when they got to LA the demos got rewritten and "improved" from the input of HB and his team.

So Bryce entered into the UK. Aren't vaccines mandatory to enter into the country?

You need to take a test pre and post departure but dont need to quarantine. Also i think they are scrapping all restrictions this week in the UK.

Yep. As of Friday the UK has zero laws and zero restrictions for COVID.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2022/concorde-2-brighton-england-1b89294c.html

Not that bad of a setlist imo actually. Good representation of their whole discography actually.

Yeah not bad. Seeing them in London next Sunday (will be my 5th IF show) and I'm happy to see Graveland, The Hive and Behind Space (finally!) Could do with a couple more certified bangers like trigger, system, my sweet shadow, OFTW, but other than that it's a solid set. I love chosen pessimist (especially in a live environment) but it'll be the 3rd time I've seen it live, I'd rather see 2 other tracks I've not seen before...

Also I've only seen Alias and Delight and Angers once each. Personally they're classics and I wish they'd play them more.

Also I've been sent a picture of the actual setlist taped to the floor of the stage, that list is missing them closing with The End.

Nice that they're including songs from LS, TJR and Whoracle... but it's always the same ones. Would be cool to hear something other than Behind Space, Graveland and The Hive. As far as TJR goes especially there are so many other great songs they could play that have had the odd airing in the past 15 years. Moonshield, Artifacts, the title track... Graveland just seems like such a boring choice.