New album Foregone out February 2023

I've just listened to that Burn live performance and it was beyond terrible. Bryce is doing only live backing vocals, I'm pretty sure that in the studio tracks of ITM Anders is the only one singing.

This is from the recent shows, Anders' growls sound cool.

By the way, Bjorn is sick and they performed last night with only one guitarist.

Last edited:
For most of the songs they play nowadays you could probably get away with only having one guitarist!

Reactions: eochaid
I saw them live in 2009, 2014, and 2019, and I'll be seeing them again in a couple months. 2009 had probably my favorite setlist (MSS, Drifter, Square Nothing, Embody, etc) and was the best overall, but I think 2019 had the best vocal performance from Anders. All good shows, though. 2019 was the only one where I didn't have some sort of interaction with Bjorn (though I did get a fistbump from Anders during The Hive and had a cringey moment with Broderick).

Reactions: AndersFriden
I was just at the London show on Sunday night and I have to say the band were all on top form. Bjorn and Chris traded leads during the old stuff and talking of the old stuff, they are done in album order and they're all introduced accordingly, which was fun. Band seemed very happy to be out on the road, Anders was on good form and looked super happy to be back playing shows.

Also I'm happy Bjorn was even there as he missed the show the night before having been taken to hospital in an ambulance with severe stomach pains. He looked pretty exhausted by the end of the show and shed a few tears too, whether that was due to the health scare or due to wrapping up their first tour in 2 years, I don't know.

Final note about the show, this is the 2nd show I've seen them with Tanner (2019 also) and he just straight up kicks ass live. Great drummer, cannot wait to hear what he's like on the new album. I feel the band is in a better place than it was a couple of years back.

I took a few videos of the show, here's a link to the only full song I filmed

Last edited:
Reactions: AndersFriden
Cool video! Yeah, I wonder what happened re: Bjorn. That's kind of scary to hear.

I noticed that, when I saw them live, Tanner added a lot of extra flair to the songs, which was cool, but he also made a lot of mistakes (he particularly fucked up I Am Above, but he was able to save it).

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
I won't support the band whilst Bryce is a member, but sounds like they were on good form during the UK leg of the current tour.

Reactions: eochaid
I was just at the London show on Sunday night and I have to say the band were all on top form. Bjorn and Chris traded leads during the old stuff and talking of the old stuff, they are done in album order and they're all introduced accordingly, which was fun. Band seemed very happy to be out on the road, Anders was on good form and looked super happy to be back playing shows.

Also I'm happy Bjorn was even there as he missed the show the night before having been taken to hospital in an ambulance with severe stomach pains. He looked pretty exhausted by the end of the show and shed a few tears too, whether that was due to the health scare or due to wrapping up their first tour in 2 years, I don't know.

Final note about the show, this is the 2nd show I've seen them with Tanner (2019 also) and he just straight up kicks ass live. Great drummer, cannot wait to hear what he's like on the new album. I feel the band is in a better place than it was a couple of years back.

I took a few videos of the show, here's a link to the only full song I filmed

Ha.. I can see myself here, did you drop your phone at one point?

Also heads up.. the new album is going to be heavy.

Ha.. I can see myself here, did you drop your phone at one point?

Also heads up.. the new album is going to be heavy.
Haha no I accidentally knocked that blokes phone out his hand!
I think me and my brother spoke to you about that, I spoke to someone who said tanner told them the new one was heavy. I was in a white come clarity top

I think me and my brother spoke to you about that, I spoke to someone who said tanner told them the new one was heavy. I was in a white come clarity top

Was also at the London gig. Pretty solid performance.

When Anders introduced the Hive he asked what was the next album after Jester Race, someone shouted Colony, that was embarassing! Anders said its Whoracle and everyone should buy the album as he'll make all of us do an Inflames album test, that was funny.

Worryingly In Flames' recent attempts at "heavy" tend to be some of the worst stuff they've released. With that said I'm pretty sure SC & Battles were described as "heavy" before they were released, so, yeah :D we'll see. I'm hoping that The Halo Effect's sudden emergence might have given Anders and Bjorn the kick in the arse they desperately needed. They're still with Benson, though, so how "heavy" can any new album realistically be? He doesn't produce heavy albums.

Look what happened when they tried to go back and rerecord an actual metal album - Clayman - total fucking disaster. They don't know how anymore. Last metal album they released that sounded good was Come Clarity. ASOP had awful guitar tone and shit vocals. SOAPF is awesome but the production is bordering on AOR at times. SC and Battles are just pathetic. I, the Mask is OK but not metal in the same way everything pre-2008 was.

I dunno. I have zero faith in Anders, Bjorn or Howard. Based on Night Fiends, Tanner is by far the most metal-minded member of the group these days. Maybe Broderick as well, but I get the feeling IF is just an easy gig for him.

I've just watched an interview with Chris on his instagram profile. He admitted the obvious, that he is officially a member of In Flames. Also, from my understanding he did contribute to the new record. Finally, it seems that they recorded the album with Benson, but he won't produce it. They sent the recordings to a bunch of different people to see who will mix it better. This actually gives me some hope for the new album.

Chris is a beast, Act of Defiance is pretty heavy

he left Megadeth because he didn’t get much creative freedom. Let’s see what happens with this new album.

hopefully it’s not like Dark Tranquility. Sorry to say it but they totally wasted their talent on the latest album.

I've just watched an interview with Chris on his instagram profile. He admitted the obvious, that he is officially a member of In Flames. Also, from my understanding he did contribute to the new record. Finally, it seems that they recorded the album with Benson, but he won't produce it. They sent the recordings to a bunch of different people to see who will mix it better. This actually gives me some hope for the new album.

The fuck is Benson there for if he isn't producing the album? Musical guidance? It's not like the band have created some of their greatest ever songs under his tutelege. Arguably they've created some of their worst with shitstains like Underneath My Skin, House and In This Life. It's a miracle when they release something that sounds remotely competent these days. Anders and Bjorn must have zero confidence in themselves if they still feel the need to work with Benson when he isn't even producing their music anymore.

I saw this interview. I know I shouldn't get excited as I'll probably be disappointed, but Tanner on drums, Chris actually contributing to the album, and a different producer has me optimistic this time.

Reactions: Ilias7
It's almost as if I did not upload a picture of Bjorn saying that they have used the same production team.

IN FLAMES guitarist Björn Gelotte has confirmed that the band's upcoming album was once again recorded with Grammy-nominated producer Howard Benson and Howard's longtime engineer Mike Plotnikoff.

We came home three days before we came [to Germany to start rehearsing for the currently ongoing U.K. tour]. We worked [in Los Angeles] with Howard Benson and his team.

He's got a couple [of studios], actually. It's like a house where he has a few rooms, which is the studio. And that's where we do all guitars, bass and drums and all that stuff. But he's doing all the vocals at his house; he's got his own studio set up there. So [IN FLAMES singer] Anders [Fridén records his vocal tracks] there, and I'm in the house with Mike Plotnikoff, working on riffs and stuff. Yeah, it's awesome. This is the third record we [have done] with them, and it just works out really, really good for us.

So, I don't know what you people think that a producer does that is making HB to not be the producer of this album despite Bjorn's words.

Last edited:
I'm listening to the interview Ilias mentioned now. Broderick says he had a lot of input into the new record, and he's humbled by that because he wasn't expecting to be included in the creative process like that. Confirms he's an official member of the band now. They were writing and recording up until the end of the studio sessions.

Interviewer: Can you say who's producing this new In Flames album?

Broderick: You know what, I can't, because... and I'm not even sure I should say this, but I'm going to throw it out there anyways - and if I get in trouble it's your fault!

Interviewer: -acts like a retard-

Broderick: They did something that was really smart. They recorded the CD and then they sent it out to a bunch of potentials to send some demo mixing and mastering back to see whose they liked the best. And then they'e gonna go with that person.

Based on Broderick's answer here I'd guess they recorded the songs under Howard and crew's supervision and guidance (as if it's fucking needed) but wanted the final mix done elsewhere. Still technically makes sense as the producer doesnt always do the mixing.