New album Foregone out February 2023

Inspired by all the Bottled talk, I decided to give STYE a spin. It's an album I really dislike. It was also the first IF record I heard.

As album production is pretty bad, I went with the live thing. And wow, pretty much all songs, Bottled included sound good to me now, especially compared to Foregone, Battles etc.

For the first time, I started liking STYE but then...they started playing Behind Space and AOTBR, one of my favorite IF songs. I was like, fuck STYE, this is the real thing.

My point is - although you can find good things on almost any IF record, TJR-Clayman era is just levels above everything else.

Next few albums are quite good with some flaws.

Post-SOAPF era is just me trying to scrape little cool things from the bottom of the barrel and convince myself I still like IF. Oh, this 7 sec melody is decent, this 5 sec acoustic part is almost like the old times, this catchy chorus is growing on me. Sad.

I'm particularly a fan of everything from Reroute-SOAPF but STYE is definitely my least favorite out of them. STYE has great songs (My Sweet Shadow especially, as my username suggests) but the last part of the album slows down, particularly after Evil in a Closet. In Search For I is alright but it definitely begins the quality drop. Dial 595 Escape is a cool though.

Used and Abused STYE is the best version of STYE.

I like most of the album these days, but certainly the weakest album by some distance until ASOP came along with that horrific artwork, production, lyrics and vocals.

Then SC and Battles came along, making STYE sound like Master of Puppets by comparison.

"It is also possible that some people may compare specific songs from the two albums. For example, some listeners have noted similarities between the song "The End" from Battles and the song "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" from Master of Puppets, due to their similar use of acoustic guitars and slow buildups to a heavy climax."

Meanwhile ChatGPT is making comments like this, did 2011 version of Krofius program it or something? :D

Reactions: eochaid
Used and Abused STYE is the best version of STYE.

I like most of the album these days, but certainly the weakest album by some distance until ASOP came along with that horrific artwork, production, lyrics and vocals.

Then SC and Battles came along, making STYE sound like Master of Puppets by comparison.
ASOP > STYE imo. I actually quite like ASOP. Alias is a great song. Sober and Irrelevant sounds like it could've been on Come Clarity. I actually really like The Chosen Pessimist as well.

I’m 28 and my beard doesn’t fucking grow man, it’s like a curse.

I've been able to grow a beard since I was like 15 or 16. Unfortunately, hair grows everywhere else too. So, you take the bad with the good I guess. I can shave off my beard and send it to you and you can glue it to your face.

Ready for a hot take everybody?

STYE > RTR

I put RTR near the bottom of their discography. I really don't like that album. I have PTSD from it following Clayman, one of my most beloved albums. I was so ready for Clayman pt. 2 and that shitheap fell in my lap. Flame me, lets go!

Reactions: Moonshield_
STYE > RTR

I put RTR near the bottom of their discography. I really don't like that album. I have PTSD from it following Clayman, one of my most beloved albums. I was so ready for Clayman pt. 2 and that shitheap fell in my lap. Flame me, lets go!
Strongly disagree. Reroute is one of my favorite IF albums (along with Come Clarity and Colony). Tbh I don't think it was as drastic of a change from Clayman as people say (I'm not denying that there was a change btw I'm just saying I don't think it's a night and day difference).