New album Foregone out February 2023

I've posted this one before. Some very familiar stuff going on here for me. Apparently I was very interested in comparing In Flames to Children of Bodom? I don't know what the hell that is all about. Somberlain, Javi, Gothenburg31, Erik Erna, AnEpicDefiance, Bob Goran -- I wish some of those dudes were still around. Jabi is... er, sorry, Pallbearer.

View attachment 35343

Here's an older design for the forum:

View attachment 35344

And an old banner:

View attachment 35345

Ahh, I miss those days.

The older design is the one I mainly remember, not sure when they switched to the newer design from my 2005/2006 pages,

Reactions: Xpyro125
I'm going to have to check some old drives for the Everdying Tribute to In Flames. A bunch of people from the boards collaborated and made a couple of cover albums. As I recall, somebody actually handed them off to the band too. Everdying was a really cool place to post back in the day. We need to send out the search and rescue team to track down those assholes.

I'm incapable of taking Anders (or the entire band for that matter) seriously anymore. What's up with that cringe introduction of the song? "6/10 epic", is he throwing random reddit meme buzzwords hoping to stir some kind of reaction out of... japanese people?

Anders' current method of growling works well with the older songs as his voice pre-Colony was generally deeper. BS and FFTG sound quite fine. According to set list.fm it's the first time FFTG has been played in 9 years, so that's cool.

However, it's hilarious that they're touring like they only ever released a handful of singles last year and the actual Foregone album never came out, lmao. They've gone back to rare Whoracle tracks, ASOP songs and even SC songs before they touch their actual new material. I'm fine with it since Foregone is just the musical equivalent of lipstick on a pig, but it's still so weird.

I've always thought Anders' introductions and stage banter are awkward. Also, it looks like Food for the Gods may have been a one off? Or they're rotating. But it looks like they might be reverting back to the ever classic combination that everybody loves and no one ever complains about; Graveland and The Hive!

I'm incapable of taking Anders (or the entire band for that matter) seriously anymore. What's up with that cringe introduction of the song? "6/10 epic", is he throwing random reddit meme buzzwords hoping to stir some kind of reaction out of... japanese people?
Yeah, the band was much more serious when they were all drunk as fuck. I can appreciate a drunken singer who can't even recite his lines, but an introverted old dude joking around on the stage? Get out of here bozo!!!

He didn't try to stir up anything, he just said "you're about to see some rare shit" in his own awkward way. Anders can be blamed for a lot of things, but unless pressed by interviewers, he doesn't engage in controversy.

I'm going through some old hard drives and burned DVDs (!) from like 20 years ago. I have not found the Everdying Tribute to In Flames yet, but I did find about 5 gigs worth of In Flames bootlegs, mainly from 1998 - 2004 or so, including some of the shows P3 broadcast and some random soundboard recordings from the 2000-2001 U.S. tours. Apparently somebody managed to plug in to the soundboard in Lawrence, Kansas and Denver, Colorado...

The infamous Club Citta 1997 show as well as Osaka 1999 were on a drive. Both of those shows feature some of the best setlists the band ever had. I would argue Club Citta in '97 is the best.

Yeah, the band was much more serious when they were all drunk as fuck. I can appreciate a drunken singer who can't even recite his lines, but an introverted old dude joking around on the stage? Get out of here bozo!!!

He didn't try to stir up anything, he just said "you're about to see some rare shit" in his own awkward way. Anders can be blamed for a lot of things, but unless pressed by interviewers, he doesn't engage in controversy.
Nowhere did I imply he was trying to engage in controversy. Just that he is weird as shit and the older he gets the more unfitting it becomes.

I'm going through some old hard drives and burned DVDs (!) from like 20 years ago. I have not found the Everdying Tribute to In Flames yet, but I did find about 5 gigs worth of In Flames bootlegs, mainly from 1998 - 2004 or so, including some of the shows P3 broadcast and some random soundboard recordings from the 2000-2001 U.S. tours. Apparently somebody managed to plug in to the soundboard in Lawrence, Kansas and Denver, Colorado...

The infamous Club Citta 1997 show as well as Osaka 1999 were on a drive. Both of those shows feature some of the best setlists the band ever had. I would argue Club Citta in '97 is the best.

I think Club Citta is '98, assuming it's this show:

Although it's mislabelled as both '96 and '97 in various places.

I don't have 5GB of boots, in audio form at least, but in terms of what I do have from when I downloaded them back in the day:

Taby, Vitahuset, Sweden 1994
Club Citta, Japan 1998
Germany 1998 (no details on specific location, but would have been from the same tour as Club Citta)
Karen, Sweden 1999
Brooklyn, US 1999
Kansas, US 2000
Orebro, Sweden 2001
Popstad, Karen, Sweden 2001
Denver, US 2001
Venice, Italy 2002
London, UK 2002
New York, US 2002
Summer Breeze, Germany 2003
Australia 2004 (no details on specific location)
Tokyo, Japan 2004
Sweden Rock, Norje, Sweden 2004
Boeblingen, Germany 2005
Koln, Germany 2006

In terms of video, most of these I've downloaded from YouTube over the years:

Koln, Germany 1996
Stuttgart, Germany 1997
Rotterdam, Netherlands, 1998
Detroit, US 1999
Milwaukee, US 1999
Warchester, Mass, US 1999
Maryland, US 1999
Illinois, US 1999
Montreal, Canada 1999
New Jersey, US 1999
Vosselar, Belgium 2000
Toronto, Canada 2000 (two shows in August and November)
Indianapolis, US 2000
New York, US 2000
Detroit, US 2000
New Jersey, US 2000
Cleveland, US 2000
Columbus, US 2000
Circo Volador, Mexico 2000
Gothenburg, Sweden 2001 (two shows, one in August and one in December)
Wacken Open Air, Germany 2001
Detroit, US 2002
Philadelphia, US 2002
Montreal, Canada 2002
Gothenburg, Sweden 2002 (two shows, October and November)
Furnace Fest, Alabama 2002
Montreal, Canada 2003
Cologne, Germany 2004
Montreal, Canada 2004
Used & Abused DVD, 2004/2005?
Graspop, Belgium 2006
Rock am Ring, Germany 2006
St. Petersburg, Russia 2008
Moscow, Russia 2008
Vancouver, Canada 2009
Wacken Open Air, Germany 2012
Cologne, Germany 2014
Rock am Ring, Germany 2015
Wacken Open Air, Germany 2015
Norwich, UK 2019 (a handful of songs I recorded on my phone)
Michigan, US 2019 (not the full show, about 28 minutes - includes Anders ripping into somebody in the audience though)
Atlanta GA, US 2019

From memory 'Bullet Ride' from the Columbus boot was the first live IF clip I saw. Took me about 5 hours to download that one clip from Kazaa on my 56k connection. Worth it though, I was mesmerised watching it.

Last edited:
The Rotterdam 1998 video is actually in pretty good quality considering the time period it was recorded in:

Lineup seems to be Anders, Peter, Niclas, Jesper and Bjorn (on drums).

Last edited:
Yeah, Club Citta is '98, it's mislabeled as '97. I would love a SBD recording of that one. I really need to organize my bootleg collection because it's scattered across multiple hard drives. That 5 gig block included audio and video, but that wasn't the entire collection either. I'm surprised you don't have the Gothenburg '99 and '02 (unless the '02 vids use the broadcast audio) P3 radio broadcasts as those were pretty widely distributed. I remember '02 sounding particularly good but I haven't listened to those in a long time.

I was just watching a clip from Dubai in '07. Anders hair was receding back then which I don't remember ever noticing but it makes sense why he cut his dreads off -- could've also been the dreads that caused it as they're notorious for doing so. And then Bjorn is in some weird in-between stage where he couldn't decide if he wanted to regrow his hair out or not, so he looks like a chia pet. And this is still the era where they all wear matching clothes on stage. I watched this 4 minute clip and just found myself chuckling at a lot of shit there.

I think my Karen, 1999 audio boot is probably Gothenburg '99, since Karen is in Gothenburg. Just labelled differently. I know I've heard the '02 Gothenburg show so not sure why I don't have it as part of my old collection. These are the Gothenburg 2002 vids - audio quality is pretty good on both.

Wacken 2012 is probably the show where Anders' hair looks the weirdest. That awkward stage after the dreads were chopped but before the hat became a regular feature.

I watched Rock am Ring 2006 last night... great show.