New album Foregone out February 2023

I have a few likes and responses from Sundin that I am considering framing on my wall, as well as a Reddit response from Stanne that I am currently having immortalized in bronze.

🤔 when Take this Life was released as a single, they made a live appearance at a Swedish TV show. For some reason, I'm unable to find it now. Does anyone else remember about it?

Damn Anders sounds like shit on there. Not sure why I'm surprised. Those people in the audience having no fucking idea what is going on... just a wall of noise and crazy bearded weirdos in front of them.

Speaking of, full In Flames set from Feb 17th 2024 in Sydney:

Mostly unremarkable setlist, but hey. they're playing Food For the Gods instead of The Hive. Good for them.

Reactions: Xpyro125
Flew in to see the boys tonight. Some notes:

- Setlist was mainly comprised of their '00s and '10s material. Food for the Gods was their only 90's song. Bullet Ride, Cloud Connected, The Quiet Place, Take This Life, Mirror's Truth, Alias, and Delight and Angers were their '00's songs. No Battles in sight.

- They played In the Dark for the first time ever.

- Of the five In Flames shows I've seen, this was, performance-wise, the best. I don't think it's close, either. The songs had a ton of energy, the crowd was insane, etc. The Foregone songs translate very well live. Anders was actually great, a huge step up from the last time I saw him in 2022. Hearing him actually nail the cleans on Paralyzed shocked me. Maybe he was just having a good night, but imo I've never heard him sound better (aside from forgetting the lyrics to some songs here and there). Bootleg videos may contradict me here, but I'm just going off what I could hear.

- Personal highlights were Foregone Pt. 1 and Paralyzed. Honorable mentions to Food for the Gods and State of Slow Decay.

- I had a sign on my phone that said "SAY HI TO BJORN FOR ME" in all-caps, and I held it out toward the stage near the end of the show. Liam noticed it and came over to the part of the stage nearest to me to read it, then he turned around and waved to Bjorn. Mission accomplished.

If you like '00s and '10s In Flames, and/or you like Foregone, go see them on this tour. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
TIL somebody out there actually likes Paralyzed. :D

Where did you fly into Maine from? Glad you enjoyed the show, man. If there had to be only one 90's song, I'm just happy it wasn't Graveland or The Hive. Also always nice to see Bullet Ride in the set.

Flew in to see the boys tonight. Some notes:

- Setlist was mainly comprised of their '00s and '10s material. Food for the Gods was their only 90's song. Bullet Ride, Cloud Connected, The Quiet Place, Take This Life, Mirror's Truth, Alias, and Delight and Angers were their '00's songs. No Battles in sight.

- They played In the Dark for the first time ever.

- Of the five In Flames shows I've seen, this was, performance-wise, the best. I don't think it's close, either. The songs had a ton of energy, the crowd was insane, etc. The Foregone songs translate very well live. Anders was actually great, a huge step up from the last time I saw him in 2022. Hearing him actually nail the cleans on Paralyzed shocked me. Maybe he was just having a good night, but imo I've never heard him sound better (aside from forgetting the lyrics to some songs here and there). Bootleg videos may contradict me here, but I'm just going off what I could hear.

- Personal highlights were Foregone Pt. 1 and Paralyzed. Honorable mentions to Food for the Gods and State of Slow Decay.

- I had a sign on my phone that said "SAY HI TO BJORN FOR ME" in all-caps, and I held it out toward the stage near the end of the show. Liam noticed it and came over to the part of the stage nearest to me to read it, then he turned around and waved to Bjorn. Mission accomplished.

If you like '00s and '10s In Flames, and/or you like Foregone, go see them on this tour. Highly recommended.
Yesssss, hoping In The Dark sticks around until Glasgow in October. How did it sound? It had the most old-school harsh vocals of any song on Foregone (probably of any modern In Flames song, for my money, anyway) and nowadays Anders actually tends to be more guttural live, even on songs that have mid-range or high screams in their studio recordings. I have my fingers crossed for Worlds Within the Margin levels of gnarliness.

Also, Bullet Ride? Nice!

Glad you had a great time, and that the performance was the best you've seen. I feel like in recent years, they've really hit new heights as a live act. Long may it continue!

@The Grayfox - I'm from the area, so no actual flying necessary. Was just being silly. :p And yeah, Paralyzed has always been a favorite of mine. Bjorn just destroyed the solo (in a good way). I was literally laughing at how good it was. They did great with Bullet Ride, too. Technically it was the Clayman 2020 version with the clean singing and whatnot (though the Clayman 2020 version is just a studio rendition of how they'd been playing it live). Of course, it sounds fantastic when it's actually live and not with neutered studio production.

@GraemeSinclair In the Dark sounded great. I always imagined it would be a bit dull and plodding live, but that wasn't the case here. IIRC Anders did quite well with the vocals on that one, despite forgetting some of the lyrics. It was cool hearing the crowd sing the chorus along with him. Early in the show Anders hit some high screams that genuinely surprised me. Chatter between songs confirmed that Foregone was very well-received by this crowd (lots of "their new album is incredible" and "their new one is their best in 20 years", etc). But yeah, performance-wise this was the tightest I've seen them. Lots of genuine energy. You could tell they were having a blast.