New album news? anyone?

ThrashKreator

New Metal Member
Aug 14, 2005
I know this board probobly gets this question a lot, and I know it's on the mind of every Testament fan, so bear with me here.
Has there been any new developments as faras new material is concerned? The last I heard about it was an interview where Eric said he wasn't sure about anything, but knew that if there was going to be a new album, he wanted to do it ewith the original line-up...yet i rememebr a few years ago (after Chuck was announced to be cured and around the release of First Strike Still Deadly) I read that Eric had new amterial ready to go and was mixing.

So, anyone know what is going on for sure?

It's just a bit frusterating, especially with it being 6 years now since The Gathering. I keep waiting for album news, but all we get is more bootleg dvd's and more tour dates (mostly of which AREN'T American, so they are pretty useless to me, and the three times they were touring close enough to me (within the 5-7 hour range) the shows have gtten cancelled) I really hate to say this, but Testament is becoming more and more a nestalgia act in my eyes. But, that's my own problem and short attention span, lol
Plus, with all of the recent cancellations it is really making me wonder what is up with them.

(yeah, yeah, I know..."You're not a true fan! Have Faith!" and all that happy horse sh**t)

Thanks guys/gals

Nothing has been announced in a long time, so I guess not much is going on.

I know Eric had had a lot of stuff written in like 2001 or 2002, but the member changes and him altering the songs/ writing new ones, endless tours, Dragonlord, family and health issues etc. have led to postponing the release further and further in time. I mean, we kept hearing about the now mithical 8 songs ready for at least 3 years.. On the other hand, I've heard Chuck wasn't too satisfied with all of those songs and has been very picky (perhaps Eric experimented too much in those songs for Chuck to accept it- that's just another guess)

I think there definitely is the will in the band to release something new- they just take their time; I guess after his illness Chuck started to look at life in a different way, changed his priorities and doesn't really feel the need to have something released every two years anymore. Bear in mind that this band has been more of a hobby of Chuck and Eric than a job for a decade now.
I really wish they could release new records as often as Overkill or like they used in the past. I remember Chuck say after the release of "Demonic" that it's time for TestAmenT to go back to releasing new albums every year (or at least every two years)- too bad that didn't happen.

These predictions are just my guesses and can be as far from the truth as it gets, but we're doomed to guessing unfortunately.

Now with this whole reunion thing (which by the way is a fabulous idea in my opinion) the record case is pushed forward in time- if they are to release something new with Greg, Alex and Louie ("there are talks about doing a new record together maybe in 2006")- Eric will probably be writing new songs (question is what happens to those he already has writtien for the DiGiorgio-Smyth or Chlaściak-Allen, Tempesta or Bostaph line-up, which are surely great- allegedly a mixture of "The Gathering" and "The Ritual", a blend of Thrash and Hard Rock- according to Eric.. which sounds super-promising to me- I hope they manage to release them somehow). I'm certain they can write an amazing piece of music with the new-old guys and Eric can come up with a number of killer tracks with Alex's help, but this shall take a lot of time due to the other guys' commitments in other bands, families and jobs.

Oh, and about those dates being cancelled- remember that they're not official until they're announced here, besides like I said, they're not a regular band really and have other priorities.

These are some of my thoughts on this subject; I have to add I'm dying to hear anything from TestAmenT- a soft rock record or a death metal one, old school or nu school, progressive or regressive, speedy or doomy. anything. really
Sorry for being so chaotic in this one, but talking about the new testament record always generates a lot of emotions in me and disables me from keeping an order in this elaborate..

(If I could suggest anything- I'd say they should release two records with two line ups or one line up- one consisting of the material that Eric has written with the help of Steve, Johnny and Paul and the second one that will be written with Al. They could release anything they have and then focus on writing a new record with Skolnick, Christian and Clemente and have it out in 2006/2007) A Suicide Shift record would be a nice substitute..for a year or two

They' ll do what they'll do and we'll have to accept it. It's their music and their band, they have a vision of their career and hopefully know what they're doing. I have faith in these guys, they've never let down... it's just a shame we don't have at least one or two new albums since 1999 to enjoy (with new material, of course). After all, the more Testament, the better