Anyone regard The Ritual as Testament's best work?

I only got into Ayreon about 18 months ago and my jaw dropped when I heard Arjen's music. I must be honest though, it did take me a few months for it all to sink in. I bought Into the Electric Castle but found it average at first but as a lot of proggers kept saying he was a genius I went out and bought The Dream Sequencer and me and the missus just loved it. ITEC then fell into place and I bought all his other stuff (inc. Ayreonauts which is a limited version album with demos and stuff on). Star One was intended to be more 'metal' than Ayreon, more focused and to the point and it's a damn fine album. Arjen has an excellent taste in vocalists and to get those people to sing on his album just goes to show how good he is.

progmetalgod said:
You are a true lover of great metal! !
headbob.gif

Well thank you :D

NP: Testament - Troubled Dreams :headbang:

LMAO - Star One/Ayreon discussions in the "The Ritual" thread.

Ayreon rules. Lucassen is a genius. And Dan Swano is vocal god. His performance on Space Metal along with Russel Allen kicks major ass! Check out my NP line.

NP: Nightingale - The Closing Chronicles

progmetalgod,

You're a prog god and haven't heard of Nightingale? Man, you're missing out! Find one of their discs immediately. You won't be disappointed. I've had the CD in my player for over a week now. Good stuff.

Moontower is an amazing prog metal disc with a heavy 70's rock feel to it. Recommended. Again with Dan Swano on vocals.