Next Testament CD

redfly

Ruled By The Riff
Aug 22, 2005
Manchester/New England
Hey Thrashers,I was wondering what you all hope for in the next Testament album.

I know I will like it no matter what but I would like some faster songs and faster solos from Alex also longer solos from both Alex and Eric (especially Eric) and maybe Chucks voice to be a little deeper not necessarily deth metal but like say DNR.Oh and pump up the bass volume!! is that enough? hahaha.
It will rule no matter what and I can't wait for it. :headbang:

What ever happened to the "Henchman" video?

Longer Solos, more harmonies, very fast with double bass drums, a mix of classic vocals from Chuck Billy with growls here and there. A nice classical guitar intro to kickoff the album like Beginning of the End or the beginning of Eerie Inhabitants. Most importantly, a clean sound equal to that of Formation of Damnation and even heavier. Very important to hear a drummer's snare! Myself being a drummer, when I listen to some bands it is a complete turn off when you cannot hear the drummers snare and double bass drums. One example of poor drum production is Believer's album Gabriel which has the worst sounding drums. I really liked Paul's drum sound on Formation. I think 10 songs is more than enough. The most memorable and best albums usually have 9 or 10 songs not 12 or 13. Just look at the Legacy (9 killer tracks). Same for the New Order (10 killer tracks). Even Metallica's "and Justice for All" (9 amazing songs).

Very well said,and I would love an instrumental with some clean and acoustic guitar.And couldn't agree more about the instruments, I play guitar but I love listening to what each member is doing and I love the bass right up front. And a drummer who gives you something to listen to and not just the beat is the best!I love "Formation" but it seemed more of a collection of songs and to me most of Testaments albums are not like that.They have a cohesive flow and develop an overall mood.
I just hope it comes out sooner now that they aren't doing the "Carnage"tour.

Yeah, I'd prefer a return to the earlier thrash sound... more harmonies, faster songs, more singing and less deathy vocals. I prefer Testament when they aren't trying to be as heavy as possible but a bit more melodic.

And keep Andy Sneap for production duties... Sneap is king!

what I really want to hear on the new Testament album is Paul Bostaph finally playing one more time his drumming patterns from "Twisted Into Form". the drumming on that album is so amazing and totally the opposite of what would you expect on a thrash metal album. totally mind-blowing.imo.
well,because we're at it,I'm starting to hate Sneap. too much polish for a thrash/death album. it kills the power. anyway,still it wasn't as bad as Megadeth's Endgame production,I don't even want to start about that one... also,I am really glad Nevermore got Wichers for their new album,though I would have preferred good old Neil Kernon doing it.

If anyone has bad production it's Metallica. They need to take some advice from from Sneap, Endgame production was solid. Takes away the power lol? This is thrash not black metal.

I agree Sneap is good at capturing the sound of people who really know how to play their instruments.Thrash is supposed to have smooth razor like guitars.Not that there aren't bands with great musicians that don't go for that sound.But for that real Thrash sound it should be polished.

Less double bass drumming and less intense drumming in general. Anyways I don't think that will happen. So all I hope for is that it'll come out late this year. Oh, and I also hope for longer solos.

Hahaha boy are we on different pages! I want more double bass and I hope it comes out at least mid year.To each their own!..except hell yeah I want longer solos.

More melodic, longer solos, more technical stuff with odd time signatures and time changes. A ballad, an instrumental. Some very fast stuff, some slower songs. No more growling.

Apparently (judging by the interviews) Eric's aiming for The Gathering part II, but Testament's always coming up with something new, so I hope that it won't be just redoing what they had already done. I think it will be much heavier than TFOD, because Eric seems to have the need to prove they're not compromising + he hasn't done a Dragonlord album in quite some time and the dark side of his talents needs to be released somewhere. I'm sure it won't be heavy for the sake of being heavy, but heavy with brains. If so - I'll love it. Like I always have.