Next Testament CD

I love the screaming witch background vocals from Eric Peterson.

That is fuckin killer combined with Chuck's voice.

Oh man that's really weird because I was going to say I don't really dig Eric's background vocals because they seem so weak and screechy next to Chuck it just doesn't fit for me. I love how Testament fans run all over the place with their taste.
I guess it just shows how much of a diverse sound their music has. :kickass:

I'd love to hear another song like Return to Serenity or The Legacy.

Oh man that's really weird because I was going to say I don't really dig Eric's background vocals because they seem so weak and screechy next to Chuck it just doesn't fit for me. I love how Testament fans run all over the place with their taste.
I guess it just shows how much of a diverse sound their music has. :kickass:

i like that very liberal my friend :headbang:

If anyone has bad production it's Metallica. They need to take some advice from from Sneap, Endgame production was solid. Takes away the power lol? This is thrash not black metal.

what does black metal have to do with anything? it's supposed to be thrash metal not power metal... thrash sound should be raw and heavy,Endgame's sound is cheesy. but this is just my opinion once again...
also,I want even more growling from Chuck,he has the best growls in metal. like someone else have already said,The Gathering part 2 with more solos would rule.

what does black metal have to do with anything? it's supposed to be thrash metal not power metal... thrash sound should be raw and heavy,Endgame's sound is cheesy. but this is just my opinion once again...
also,I want even more growling from Chuck,he has the best growls in metal. like someone else have already said,The Gathering part 2 with more solos would rule.

Don't quote me I can't speak for anyone else but I think what he was saying is that Black Metal uses different tunings a lot of times and that makes the guitars sound less smooth.
I think endgame sounds perfect what is wrong with being able to hear all the instruments crisp and clear?

I absolutely agree Chuck has the best growls..scratch that the best voice in metal period, unless you like singy guys.Chuck sounds like he is straight from hell sometimes!

I don't even know what the fuck power metal is but it sounds like an Oxy Moran to me.If you ask me some people (not you) go way out of their way to come up with stupid new classifications.It's not the name that makes you original and different.

I absolutely agree Chuck has the best growls..scratch that the best voice in metal period, unless you like singy guys.Chuck sounds like he is straight from hell sometimes!

I don't even know what the fuck power metal is but it sounds like an Oxy Moran to me.If you ask me some people (not you) go way out of their way to come up with stupid new classifications.It's not the name that makes you original and different.

that's when he doesn't try to do his best Hetfield impersonation. :heh:

power metal as in Gamma Ray,Rhapsody and that sort of shit...

the category of power metal has many sub-categories within the genre. Some bands have keys and some bands without, but you will notice the high vocals in power metal and the drums are similar to thrash but different. Power metal does get shit for some of the fantasy themed bands like Rhapsody, but there is talent in this field of metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure I can hear the talent but the keys just kill it for me lol! Some Thrash does have vocals like that so I don't really get why it has a whole different classification just because it has keys.But what are ya gonna do right?! that's the way it is.
Ok maybe it's not quite as vicious as Thrash.

As I'm listening to "Formation" for the millionth time it occurs to me I'd like Chuck to hit his R's a little better he's missing a lot of them on this album lol

They should keep this way, "The Formation Of Damnation" is probably the best Thrash Metal album of this century :headbang:, I'm very impressed, all sounds amazing, drums, vocals, solos, riffs :worship:

I like the old tuning too.I don't think it's the tuning that makes a band sound current, as long as they play ferociously.
Yeah they gotta keep Sneap,I bet he is getting more and more expensive though.