Next Testament CD

Well,Testament is pretty good at it,all their earlier albums are like a year apart.Metallica on the other hand takes along time now and they still come up with crap.Chuck said he wants to go back to doing an album every year so I hope they can handle it!
Sounds like you will be having fun :headbang:

I'll take a live show over a new album any day of the week. Nothing is better than seeing your favorite band perform at a concert. These days bands make money on touring and merchandise. One release per year is just not feasible anymore and times have changed in the music industry. One solid album every 3 or 4 years works for me.

3-4 years!! no way! Life is short they need to grow their legacy as much as possible.Touring is very important but I want new songs for the tour I don't want to pay to hear the same songs all the time like they are some washed up classic rock band with nothing new to offer and all the energy drained from them.Testament is still strong and full of life and you never know when a new classic that you couldn't live without will be born.
And yes much of a bands revenue stems from touring and merch,I think it was always that way, no matter how much an album sold people always made more touring.But with the internet making money and promoting is a lot easier to do if you use a little brains and effort.Hell they didn't tour for a very long time and I probably spent $300 on their website.But how many DVDs or CDs does a person want to buy that has the same set list?I just want more awesome music to thrash too from my favorite band ! :headbang:

If it wouldn't have been for the American Carnage Tour there would only be a two year gap between The Formation and the new album. Right now it's looking very much like the new album will be released in 2011 and this is perfectly fine. They have a very valid excuse. You can never pass up on a Slayer and Megadeth tour. That is huge exposure for any metal band. I think this tour will give Testament a huge boost in record sales when the new album is officially released and Formation already did extremely well on the billboard charts. Just imagine the potential. It is amazing to see a band hit their prime at this stage in their careers and nobody deserves it more than Testament.

This is gonna be a massive thrash metal tour :hotjump:

Oh I would never suggest they pass on such an awesome tour,or any tour for that matter.It's just the interviews I've read with Chuck he's never mentioned that the album would be delayed by touring only that he wanted to get it out there.I also think the video helped a lot.I know some people don't think it's that important but if you go to a bands myspace site,(I'll just use Testament and Overkill as an example) the songs that have the video or videos bury the ones without in views.I couldn't agree more that Testament deserves all the success in the world.Hopefully they get enough new fans that when the album does come out they can pull off the headline tour they deserve because if they wait until winter I'm not sure who they would tour with because these other bands might be working on new material.At any rate Testament rules! ans so does Thrash!

Yeah give us something anything.I'm still hoping ms a will ask Eric about the heavier demo version of The ritual!

OH YEAH! Craig Nielson 'Flotsam and Jetsams drummer" has posted that the the new album "The Cold" will be released Sept 14th.It should be really good!
If you like Flotsam please buy it!They need a break!

I'm honestly much more psyched that I'm *finally* getting to see Testament in August than I was about <i>Formation . . .</i> or any subsequent release. Sure I dig recorded music but the bands where I can picture the stuff being played are the ones I keep going back to.

I will. Scored tickets to see Testament waaay the fuck back but my ride suddenly decided they couldn't take teh metal and were going with or without me. After that, every gig they played in my area would be preceded by a major financially draining shitstorm.

I'm honestly much more psyched that I'm *finally* getting to see Testament in August than I was about <i>Formation . . .</i> or any subsequent release. Sure I dig recorded music but the bands where I can picture the stuff being played are the ones I keep going back to.

Let us know what the set list is like!

Oh really? where did you read that?I'm not doubting you, just curious.

Chuck Billy, in a recent interview, stated that the new album would be released sometime in the first quarter of 2011.

Saw Testament live last year here in Vegas. They sort of blew through their setlist, and did not seem like they wanted to be here. Plus, they did not play the promised setlist that was voted for during that whole polling thing they were doing last year. They ended up cutting most of the setlist the date before Vegas and just kept it that way. So my experience seeing them was sort of disappointing in that regard. Still was awesome though.