New album: Work has begun already....!!!!.....

crap.gif

Whoever posted that news was probably just someone bitter for being called an idiot by Mikael haha.

Mikael Åkerfeldt;5751187 said:
It makes me happy that you're all fans of Lopez cause he deserves the credit and don't forget I brought him in the band as well. Peter didn't even want him to begin with and I said "Let's give this guy a chance" as I'd heard he had something. I fucking know the guy and have basically lived together with him for almost 10 years so don't come lamenting his leaving to me! What the fuck do you think I felt?

Now, that era, "Lopeth" or whatever is over. Axe is in the band now and we all fucking love playing with him. When somebody picks on his drumming I can't help but to feel that that person is a deaf moron who knows nothing about music or drumming. I get defensive not only because I brought him in the band, but mainly because he's a fucking fantastic drummer!

For me this band is my life. I don't make decisions on who's getting recruited while I'm taking a shit. Don't question my judgement for a band I've been running, writing for, living with and bleeding for during the last 16 years, OK?

Now, after saying that I certainly hope the next album will be good!!

wait a minute..."idiot opeth fans shouldn't question your judgement?" most of the "idiot opeth fans" paid for that toilet paper you are cleaning your ass with

Mike should delete this forum...it used to be a really nice place to come to. Now it's just a bunch of nu-metal kids who grew up and discovered Opeth...too bad their mentality is still nu-metal.

Mike, fuck these people.

As far as the "idiot Opeth fans paying for their toilet paper", Opeth are where they are today because of their work before Roadrunner...not after. The idiot Opeth fans are a direct result of more publicity...it cannot be helped. Every band who gets on a major label acquires a whole new area of their fanbase reserved for complete dumbasses...this is due to their inability to listen to something that's not force-fed to them via radio or MTV. Hence, the new breed of "idiot Opeth fans". It's a necessary evil.

Don't like it? Then don't be a fucking moron.

Also, slamming on the new drummer? How many of you fucktards even got an invitation to try out for Opeth? How many of you can even play drums? Does Mike even know your fucking name? How many of you can even find Sweden on a map in ten seconds without looking on the internet?

Fuck off. All of you.

Dead Winter, do you honestly think there wasn't a large contingent of morons on this forum before Opeth gained popularity? There's also no relation between liking nu-metal and being a moron. Just because you dont like nu metal (i dont like nu metal either) doesnt mean you have any reason to consider people that do like it idiots. This forum will always have a bunch of idiots in it, but there will also be a good core of intelligent people. The length of time that you have been an opeth fan doesnt have anything to do with how smart you are and how good your posts will be.