New album: Work has begun already....!!!!.....

GOD!

Idiotic thread!!

Just get back on topic.

And, as much as you have a right to say your opinion, you can't bash axenrot. You don't have the right, neither do I.

So quit the shit and get back on topic please

Well I see it like this... we all love Opeth dearly. People are naturally afraid of change. When we see something we love dearly changing, we get worried of what the outcome will be. Some people have optimistic points of view, others, pessimistic. Personally, I feel that Martin contributed GREATLY to Opeths sound since he joined, especially since drummers are considered to be the "backbone" of a band. I know Mikael writes just about everything for Opeth, but I believe alot of the beats and sounds really came from inside Lopez and his personal "latin" rythm. Just listen to the end of Closure and then any reggaeton' song and you can hear the similarities.

As a fan, Im afraid the sound wont be the same thing Ive come to love from Opeth, but, I have faith that even though the sound wont be quite the same, It will still be better than any of the other 924,385,248,598 shitty bands in the world. Hell it might even be BETTER! WHO KNOWS?!?!

This thread has turned into a battlefield! Opeth funs! Peace!
I see people referring to Opeth as if it was their prostitute!
I'm gonna bye and listen to the knew record even if it dosn't have drums.
(even thought i think Lopez was amazing)

Why are so many ppl still sulking over Lopez leaving. He's gone and isn't coming back. Axe hasn't even had the chance to show his stuff yet. Maybe after the next album comes out we can make judgement, but until then ppl should just chill out and look forward to another Opeth masterpiece, b/c regardless of how different it will sound its still going be Opeth and still going to be awesome!

Hope you open for TOOL.

Hope Tool can open for Opeth.

I don't know anything about Axe as a drummer, but I'm looking forward to finding out on the next Opeth album. Many many thanks for wanting to give us a new Opeth experience Mikael.

^^ I agree... GR was a lot different from deliv/damnation and now that 2 new members will have something different to contribute it's gonna sound really interesting!

If disturbing is the key then i cant wait to hear some of the dark riffs mike will come up with.. Maybe he'll play with the tuning even more than GR and go the SYL route to open C... man... those are heavy/dark chords! Cant wait!

^ :lol:

Maybe if ppl got a decent proper stereo system with good speakers they would realise that Opeth IS the heaviest band in existance. :kickass:

When I was young aeons ago the objective in re-producing music was to attain the best possible reproduction, now with so many other things music reproduction has become something I find absurd...

Speaking as a guy who worked for a man who developed invented and gave the world the "Transmission Line Loudspeaker" and the finest Hi-Fi valve amp money could buy at the time, 60's through to the mid 80's...

Tis so sad. :cry: