New album: Work has begun already....!!!!.....

Well, this is just something me and my friend figured. Opeths work seems to have kinda been a 2 CD musical related path kinda thing, I can't explain it to well.
Orchid and Morningrise, by far the best of their work. My Arms Your Hearse and Still Life kinda went in a deifferent direction and were both concept albums. Blackwater Park, Deliverence, and Damntaion. Which we all know Deliverence and Damnation was supposed to be a 2 disk thing but because of the record company or whatever, they wanted to sell it seperately but you kinda put those 2 together and it sorta relates to Blackwater Park.

Now we have Ghost Reveries, once again I am blown away and they added some cool black metal and metalcore influences in there is what it sounded like, and by far the best of Mikael's clean vocals so far. Honestly this was my least favorite out of it all but I still love it. So Me and my friend think they will kinda do another album kinda like Ghost Reveries.

Like I said all above there, to me and my friend it kinda sounds like they kinda change things around every 2 CDs. Even though all their CDs are quite unique, you still get where I'm going with this. If this oppinion was already posted, I'm sorry but I didn't feel like going through 13 pages. Plus I'd figure this was a good way to look at it.

\m/ OPETH \m/

NO!............just NO!!!!!!

it wont be released this year. 2008 I think
which means that they will be in Australia again when its not March-April. Whats the world comming to?

how do you know that? link??

and i_aint_play_this i just had to quote that faggot, i only just saw his post as i havent been on this forum for a while. forgive me.

how do you know that? link??

and i_aint_play_this i just had to quote that faggot, i only just saw his post as i havent been on this forum for a while. forgive me.

I dont know for certain, call it an educated guess. For instance, Mikael started writing when they finished touring. They will want to rehearse again for 4 weeks or so then they have the recording process which I beleive for GR was 2-3months? Then roadruner have to set a date and they will make it as far away as possible to get as much hype about it as possible. So I would say again very early 2008 late late 2007.

But lets not forget the side project either...

analysis: After just listening to GR and BWP , back to back, the quality of the recording is so much better on GR. Mainly inre to the mix of the vocals. Mikael's growl's on GR are mixed in with more vol. and impact and really add to the awesomeness of the recordings...on BWP the growls seem overshadowed by the guitar riffs and don't add quite the impact to the mix that they could have, and while I love BWP, I find myself wanting the growls to come thru with a bit more impact since they're so menacing sounding.
The thing that gives Opeth it's unique vibe are the great songwriting/guitar riffs and Mikeal's awesome vocal prowess both clean and screams.
Re my post on low frequencies...I'm thinking more along the lines of the impact it adds to the sound...it can be used to add a dark and doomy effect to the sound..Listen to "You Have a Special Purpose in Life" by Steve Jablonsky on the OST of "The Island" for an eg of what I'm refering to...that song owns!!!!!

analysis: After just listening to GR and BWP , back to back, the quality of the recording is so much better on GR. Mainly inre to the mix of the vocals. Mikael's growl's on GR are mixed in with more vol. and impact and really add to the awesomeness of the recordings...on BWP the growls seem overshadowed by the guitar riffs and don't add quite the impact to the mix that they could have, and while I love BWP, I find myself wanting the growls to come thru with a bit more impact since they're so menacing sounding.
The thing that gives Opeth it's unique vibe are the great songwriting/guitar riffs and Mikeal's awesome vocal prowess both clean and screams.
Re my post on low frequencies...I'm thinking more along the lines of the impact it adds to the sound...it can be used to add a dark and doomy effect to the sound..Listen to "You Have a Special Purpose in Life" by Steve Jablonsky on the OST of "The Island" for an eg of what I'm refering to...that song owns!!!!!

meh. the vocal production for the growls on bwp is much better and more interesting than on ghost reveries imo. i think on the next album opeth should either go back to some old school mayh and still life production values or get steve wilson in again............the production on bwp is just beefy and overall very lush. although GR is a great album i think they could have done better on the production.

I'm all for great bands releasing new albums. I just hope this great band can release something less commercial and, frankly boring, as GR.
Get back to basics, bin the shitty parping keyboards, and give the fans of the older stuff something not trendy. Like the 45 minute black metal song once talked about, that'd be nice.

Mike mailed me that the Album's Name is:

Crimson III

mhhh ... but ..
PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST! :