New Album

A true solo project. I guess Diabolical Masquerade is the closest to a solo project and I have been wanting him to do a new album under that name, but it does not seem like it will ever happen.

:lol: Way to set yourself up to be shot down.

No one's shot me down yet. Besides, it was a joke! I was curious to see who might not be able to control their reactivity, and you win, yaaaaay!

Besides, who cares if some wanker on the web tries to shoot me down: there are plenty of people who have nothing better to do than stalk forums and molest Italian midgets, I could care less.

I might be a jackass, but I'm not retarded enough to think that the band would release something like DODS...that would be the biggest shock in the world. I wouldn't mind a few doom metal songs, but if they can simply put out another quality album I'll be happy.

Something new blended in with the last 4 LP's sounds fine by me! :headbang:

A true solo project. I guess Diabolical Masquerade is the closest to a solo project and I have been wanting him to do a new album under that name, but it does not seem like it will ever happen.

Huh. I mean, he had help on.. the last 2, I think, but Ravendusk was all him, or am I remembering that wrong?

But eh, details.

So.. apparently they are gonna build their own studio. Tired of the smelly Ghost Ward already? :D

Just letting you guys know we've made it back home and safely returned to Sweden. A fantastic feeling to be reunited with our families and proud of what we achieved and left behind. This tour was one of the longest we've ever done, but also one of the very best! Thanks once again!
Next up on the agenda will be fighting a malicious jet lag, rebuilding our new practice place into a HQ for the writing/recording of our next album and preparing the last 20th anniversary shows for Scandinavia next month. Keepin' it busy!

PLEEASE NO! Less synthesizer I beg!

This:worship:

i also hope they go back to more simple rock structure: drum/bass/guitar/vox

NITND was amazing but great cold was better and their best imo

also they are getting old now? anders and jonas like mid 30's right? one day they will have to call it quits and i think this might be their last :(

If the synths would be written by the guys yes please I want more. If they are written by Frank Default, no thanks. He is a great musician and he has very cool ideas but I think his style somehow does not fit Katatonia's music. I would be happy if the big fat choruses back. Also a slight change in the style and the sound might be refreshing. I need to be surprised this time. Whatever they do I'm sure it will be better than most of the bands that are out there...

Frank Default is best
i like old stuff and after album Discouraged ones Katatonia was lost to me
but NITND is amazing

is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?

I would be happy if the big fat choruses back. Also a slight change in the style and the sound might be refreshing. I need to be surprised this time.

Totally agree!

Talking about solo projects... I would FREAKENLY like to listen JONAS RENKSE's solo project with songs like This Punishment, Nightmares by the sea, We must bury you, Passing bird, O how I enjoy the light, Help me disappear, you know... such strange melodies)))

Very odd that you picked some of their most underwhelming material (at least to me) for choices. :err: Apart from possibly 'Passing Bird' I can't say any of the other songs you named would make it onto my "Top 50 Katatonia Songs" list (and thats even completetely disregarding their DODS/BMD era). For a Jonas solo album, I would rather see him take either a more lighter (perhaps even acoustic/piano) path along the lines of 'Idle Blood' and 'A Darkness Coming' or else material along the lines of 'Unfurl', 'Sold Heart', 'Departer' and 'Inheritance'. But that's just me. For the new Katatonia album, I definitely want more brooding/distorted guitars.

Very odd that you picked some of their most underwhelming material (at least to me) for choices.

I used to skip these tracks when I was metalhead=))) But since I have become lover of music in general, I changed my point of view. Songs I mentioned are like Katatonia steps on a foreign territory. I listen to artists, that are favorite to Jonas - like Jeff Buckley or Will Oldham(Palace music) and I find myself thinking I'd love to listen to Jonas in non-metal psychodelic flanger-guitar-oriented genre=)