New Album

I love the bit of artwork/ colours they have revealed so far. Matches almost perfectly with what I had in mind. I have the feeling this will be exactely the album I was hoping for :loco:

I will admit, I have never understood the love for Anneke that so many people give. I think so many other female vocalists out there blow her out of the water. =o/ She didn't do much for me when she was in The Gathering and even less when she went solo. I don't know....

I am very excited to hear about Silje doing guest vocals with Jonas on the new album. While I did like her better in the band Octavia Sperati, I also thought she helped improve The Gathering when she came onboard. My top choice for a female vocalist with Jonas would still have been Marjan Welman from Autumn, but I still can't wait to hear both of their voices together! :D

Female vox in Katatonia... i dislike the idea itself... but let's see what it gonna sound like=)))

What about Anneke, she is cute and siniging good, but I'm personally a fan of The Gathering music rather then fan of Anneke. Her voice fits great the music on "How To Measure A Planet?" for example=)

I think I know why the Kats aren't posting here anymore and only hang out on Facebook.
If you read threads here there's so much whining about everything. The facebook people aren't that negative :)

I'd say what Lisra said. Wait and see

Duets = cheese
Gothic female vox = nacho cheese
Duets + gothic female vox = recipe for cheeseplosion!
This post = prompt for Lisa to respond after taking everything far too super cereal.

Nah, but I really do agree that we'll just have to wait and see.

Even though the outcome is a proven science. ;)

good trolling:D
facebook people consist of "You were great at *name of a city*" and "Can't wait for new album!" :loco:

Haha, yeah I know the downside of Facebook is that no matter what the band posts there will be some answers like:
"Come to my country ***!!!"

*** insert name of a country you probably never heard before

I will admit, I have never understood the love for Anneke that so many people give. I think so many other female vocalists out there blow her out of the water. =o/ She didn't do much for me when she was in The Gathering and even less when she went solo. I don't know....

I am very excited to hear about Silje doing guest vocals with Jonas on the new album. While I did like her better in the band Octavia Sperati, I also thought she helped improve The Gathering when she came onboard. My top choice for a female vocalist with Jonas would still have been Marjan Welman from Autumn, but I still can't wait to hear both of their voices together! :D

Anneke is good, but definitely very overrated. Silje's contribution to the album makes me wonder if she sang more like in TG or OS; perhaps the new album has a more rockish vibe to it?