New Album

Is this a joke; it ain't loading for me... what Band is this suppose to be? I won't presume this is a self-explanatory question.

Edit: My net suddenly working for me; Awesome - thanks for the link; this is something to count down for. A self explanatory question after all.

Blistering.com: Have you started to think about the next album?

Nyström: Oh yeah. We’re actually pretty much through with the writing. We did this tour like a break from the writing. When we come back, we’re going to focus solely on that. We’re going to sit down in our headquarters, day in and day out, pumping out songs. The new album is 100% promised to be released in 2012.

Awesome!! I knew that they had to be getting close to making an announcement since 2012 would be their usual "3 year gap" in between albums. To see a confirmation though has made my night. :D I have been damn near addicted to Katatonia ever since NITND and now that I have caught myself up with most of their past works (from DISCOURAGED ONES onwards) I will be ready to embrace the new album with a much better understanding of where they have been and where they are going. This will definitely be the album that I will be the most excited for in 2012.

Awesome!! I knew that they had to be getting close to making an announcement since 2012 would be their usual "3 year gap" in between albums. To see a confirmation though has made my night. :D I have been damn near addicted to Katatonia ever since NITND and now that I have caught myself up with most of their past works (from DISCOURAGED ONES onwards) I will be ready to embrace the new album with a much better understanding of where they have been and where they are going. This will definitely be the album that I will be the most excited for in 2012.

Good to see you're getting over the vocals. I was the same way as it took me a long while to work my way back to Discouraged Ones, which is now my second favorite Katatonia album.

I wasn't expecting them to start writing new material until after this tour, so this is great news. Can't wait! :Spin:

Well the dudes better tour in Oz to promote the album - nothing less than a frontline gig is satisfactory; I don't care who they bring with them

Good to see you're getting over the vocals. I was the same way as it took me a long while to work my way back to Discouraged Ones, which is now my second favorite Katatonia album.

Yea, it took a while. I couldn't get enough of TGCD and NITND, so I figured it was a great time to go back and buy their prior four albums and give them a chance and I ended up really liking all of them. Not as much as TGCD or NITND, but certainly I found much to appreciate in them. I know the payoff is huge once I get to TGCD, so it's fascinating for me to hear how Katatonia grew (and improved) with every album. I can listen straight through DO all the way to NITND without wanting to skip a single track off any of the albums, and that is an extremely rare thing in music anymore.

And one day you'll find yourself headbanging to Without God. Then you'll be a true man. :p ;)

Haha, right now I am still doubting that. Even though I gave in and bought DO, TD and LFDGD to give them all a fair chance (and was glad I did), I did listen to the older stuff from BRAVE MURDER DAY and DANCE OF DECEMBER SOULS via a certain video streaming website. :p Musically, there were some parts I definitely liked in several songs, but the vocals still weren't working for me at all (save for 'Day' and some parts of 'Rainroom'). Maybe in a few more years....? To me, older Katatonia sounded like everything else that I have always disliked about death/doom metal in general.

After seeing Anders perform vocals for Without God last night, I think I am finally ready for Katatonia to use those vocals prominently on at least one track. I think it would be an intriguing expansion of their newer sound. That or Anders should make a solo album.