New Alexi Signature ESP's for '09

Isn't it the god damn same guitar he has used since the beginning til present?

Exactly. But this has the crappy longer lower wing, so in fact it's actully a step down from the older models. :lol:

Fuck sake Jackson, make a replica of the green bevel RR and leave this ESP crap in the dust. :mad:

Yeah, but still, it's dark enough to seem pointless, to me. Alexi needs to grab himself one of these:

2ziau52.jpg
Only if you like maple.

I know I sure as hell don't. Looks and feels mediocre, to me. At least in comparison to ebony. Rosewood can be nice, depending.

Exactly. But this has the crappy longer lower wing, so in fact it's actully a step down from the older models. :lol:

Fuck sake Jackson, make a replica of the green bevel RR and leave this ESP crap in the dust. :mad:
Now, I love Jackson too. But ESP is a great company. And if it weren't for Jackson, they wouldn't have to use the longer lower horn. Which, even if we don't like it (and I really don't), some people actually do.

And not only that, but I know a few musicians who have been endorsed by other guitar companies, including Jackson and PRS. Who had custom shop models from those companies, who all said ESP makes better guitars. Not only that, but that the ESP custom shop is easily one of the best in the world. Go ahead and ask Rob Chappers on Youtube.

Now, even if you don't agree, you have to admit that what you like is obviously greatly influenced by your own personal opinions.

We can argue about what Alexi likes better, or sounded better with, and all that. But you want to know something? Even Roope agrees. I asked him myself the last time I saw them. We were talking about Stone, and the earlier days. You know what he told me? He basically said that he really liked Jackson, but they just aren't what they used to be, to him. And that if he hadn't been using them for this long, he probably wouldn't like them so much. He didn't have to switch to ESP for Bodom, and he isn't being paid tons of money for it. The fact of the matter is that it was his own personal decision in terms of what he likes to play now.

I really do love Jackson, but ESP is at least just as good.

EDIT: Hopefully Edwards, and the actual Japanese shop, will also come out with something new/better, and soon.

more like Fender buys ESP - problem=more fucked.

I get what Roope says about Jackson - their quality on overall coolness probably fell alot after being taken over by Fender. It's probably more about business than the guitars. Not that there wasn't money involved before, but it seems like there has been some rationalizing going on wich only harms Jackson. This hasn't happened to ESP yet and hopefully wont.

I do agree in the Schythe guitar is pretty awesome. I still don't like the big body, but besides that.

Only if you like maple.

I know I sure as hell don't. Looks and feels mediocre, to me. At least in comparison to ebony. Rosewood can be nice, depending.

Now, I love Jackson too. But ESP is a great company. And if it weren't for Jackson, they wouldn't have to use the longer lower horn. Which, even if we don't like it (and I really don't), some people actually do.

And not only that, but I know a few musicians who have been endorsed by other guitar companies, including Jackson and PRS. Who had custom shop models from those companies, who all said ESP makes better guitars. Not only that, but that the ESP custom shop is easily one of the best in the world. Go ahead and ask Rob Chappers on Youtube.

Now, even if you don't agree, you have to admit that what you like is obviously greatly influenced by your own personal opinions.

We can argue about what Alexi likes better, or sounded better with, and all that. But you want to know something? Even Roope agrees. I asked him myself the last time I saw them. We were talking about Stone, and the earlier days. You know what he told me? He basically said that he really liked Jackson, but they just aren't what they used to be, to him. And that if he hadn't been using them for this long, he probably wouldn't like them so much. He didn't have to switch to ESP for Bodom, and he isn't being paid tons of money for it. The fact of the matter is that it was his own personal decision in terms of what he likes to play now.

I really do love Jackson, but ESP is at least just as good.

EDIT: Hopefully Edwards, and the actual Japanese shop, will also come out with something new/better, and soon.

Yes, I like maple, and think this guitar looks amazing. I have a guitar with a maple, rosewood and ebony, and ebony is nice in looks and feel, but maple is too.

And yes, of course it's my opinion. I honestly don't care what Alexi or Roope would prefer now, I said what I said in my previous post because they're bringing out guitars that Alexi doesn't use, and ones that look similar to what he used last year. I know they've brought out the pink and yellow ones but I thought it was weird they used these designs.

I made the comment about the green pinstripe Jackson RR as a tongue-in-cheek thing because I know it'll never happen, but it's my dream guitar, so it's more of a disappointment issue that it will never see the light of day again.

I said nothing about the quality of standard ESP models or the Custom Shop, and probably IS better than the current Jackson. Alot of the guys ordering from there are calling it the 'Jackson Random Shop' because all the orders are coming through wrong, with incorrect parts and paintjobs. Like
Dunununuuu-NUNUNU said, it's more about business, as opposed to actually pleasing the customer 100%.

None of these posts where meant to cause any shit, I was simply giving my input everyone else on an internet forum.

That's fine, and my apologies for not catching your joke about the green pinstripe RR. :p

I'm just tired of people being fanatical fanboys for Jackson (though ESP has them too) and not even weighing things fairly.

:lol: I really hope you get a green beveled replica one day, you love it so fucking much :lol:

But actually I think that in looks the ESPs pwn the Jacksons. I mean, the Wildchild was unique and the green pinstriped was beautiful (never really liked the Stone one), but they were quite generic and had nothing that would have made them stand out by themselves, but take the Scythe (a white guitar in metal+scythe inlays and the contrast of the ebony fretboard) or the pink (pink guiar, with fucking shiny pink all over the place including the fretboard) or the original Sawtooth (luminiscent inlays), I mean, those guitars either for beeing weird or for having different things stand out IMO. Still, I don't know what he did to his tone, cos in Tuska 2003 it sounded awesome and in CRY it sucks. I really hope that people is right and his tone nowadays is great again.

ESP buys Jackson guitars, problem solved:Smug:

That'd be awesome, and would get us rid of the fucking longer lower wing.

more like Fender buys ESP - problem=more fucked.

I get what Roope says about Jackson - their quality on overall coolness probably fell alot after being taken over by Fender. It's probably more about business than the guitars. Not that there wasn't money involved before, but it seems like there has been some rationalizing going on wich only harms Jackson. This hasn't happened to ESP yet and hopefully wont.

I do agree in the Schythe guitar is pretty awesome. I still don't like the big body, but besides that.

Agreed.

shiiit i have 2007 alexi and its so much different :( the blacky is fucking awesome

Hey, does your guitar have the strap locker on the other side of the input jack?

I don't see what all the bitching is about. It's a step up from the old USA models at least. It's useless to complain about the shape, ESP can't do anything about that.

EDIT: I just noticed that the ESP models have those gain boosters things. I also noticed that the grey model looks incredibly bad ass. I might just snag one of these.