New Amon Amarth Album

VikingMan

Sep 28, 2008
Montreal - Canada
I've found this info on this french website :
It says (translation via google translate):
The Sony Music label informs in an email that the new album from AMON AMARTH entitled Jomsviking. The tracklist can be seen below, but its release date is not yet known. The disc could however emerge next spring.

1. First Kill
2. Wanderer
3. On A Sea Of Blood
4. One Against All
5. Raise Your Horns
6. The Way Of Vikings
7. At Dawns First Light
8. One Thousand Burning Arrows
9. Vengeance Is My Name
10. A Dream That Cannot Be
11. Back On Northern Shores

Reactions: The Nebulosity
Still can't believe they're only 10 weeks from a new album release and nothing has leaked about a new drummer. That's keeping a secret. I still think Fred is coming back.

Hej, interesting topic.

Just a comment aside, for the idea of beeing able to release something more unbreakable...

I still am someone that also can take single songs, for example over new online-shops, and get the info/message/order step-by-step. This "only-full-boats" to sell, is for sure great for customers, but some people want especially something way more dynamic, as if i could add a waggon to a train, each month the song gets released. Sounds technically not possible, due to studio-using- etc., but i guess their is a way for those interested people, to invent the "song-by-song"-album, that gets released, just when the goal is hit. In this fullship releases, it's difficult to update the course, and of course nobody knows- if every information is the best-as-possible. I just can state, i would go for it, if i won't find myself as the deceiver on cover? :-D

Instead, i guess you have a troubleless release- and some watcher more on Youtube?!

I will hear in, if it's released to some forwarders, first...

A fine week...

New Drummer is killer! Don't want to let the news out yet though.

What a mean tease you are Clint.... that is not ok! ;)

but this looks quite awesome. the official Facebook page changed the profile picture, and that is what is beeing "suggested" as the new Albumcover...

Everything is confirmed via this Finnish report. You'll have to translate it if you can't read Finnish (I can't read Finnish). The report contains the name of the new drummer, so, spoiler warning if you want to hear it straight from AA!
http://www.soundi.fi/uutiset/amon-amarth-nimesialbuminsa-ja-uuden-rumpalin/

I really want to know, but the link gives a 404 error message... if you remember who it is, or who is mentioned there, please send me a pm or something... :)

It's interesting how all of the "Jomsviking" stories from France, Finland, etc. are no longer accessible. Someone let the cat out of the bag a little early. I hope it is still coming out 25Mar16.

@gnoff that was deifnitely hilarious :lol:

The video isn't great, but I'm glad they didn't go for anything flashy. It's decent - and the song is on par with what is on the last album, I think! Very hyped about the release - it's so soon too.

The drummer in the video is Tobis Gustafsson from Vomitory.

To my knowledge, they haven't released anything official about the new drummer yet, which makes me think that he isn't a permanent member.