New amp choice + Pod X3live with 4 cables method

kaamosprod

Mikka
Apr 17, 2009
Paris - France
Hi

I know that's a matter of taste but, what would you prefer :

I'm planning to buy a new amp in order to use it live with my pod X3live like this :

Guitar -> [IN] Pod
Pod [send] -> [IN] Amp
Amp [SEND] -> Pod [RETURN]
Pod [OUT] -> [RETURN] Amp

In order to use both the pod simlulation and the real amp.

I'm hesitating between some amps : Peavey 6505 +, Krank revolution, Framus cobra...

I'm playing Melodic death metal like Dark tranquillity, Soilwork, scar symmetry...

For the moment, i use only the pod in the marshall jcm800 return loop with the speaker sim on but it sounds too analog and the marshall is too weak... so I want to buy a new amp.

What would you buy

Thanks a lot.

for the bands you mentioned, krank or peavey, with the peavey being the safe bet. the framus is not everyone's amp, you either seem to love or hate it.

anyways, one question to you though: did you try the 4 cable method (frankly, i always thought that only works with boss gt series...) with the marshall? can you run a tubescreamer/sd-1/whatever sim in front of the jcm800 preamp using the pod? or to put it differently, is the pod fx loop freely assignable in the chain like on the gt series?

Thanks for your answer.

No, I've never tried with the marshall... because basically I don't like the Marshall saturation... no balls...

But regarding the pod, it is freely assignable for the loop chaining etc...

You can put TS and noisereductor in front of the amp, put the sim off to keep the color amp and after the chain put the sim on when it goes on the return loop of the amp. as you can do with your boos GT series