V-amp OR Pod for live??

I was hoping the V-Machines V-Pedal thing would be out by now, but it looks like it isn't. Would be ideal to load a bunch of different VSTs into a box and then run whichever amp sim you want, alongside whichever plug-in effects you've come to know, all controllable via a pedal board. I'd imagine running X30 into Pres 8 would be quite amazing, even right into a PA.

I'd go with the POD, simply for reliability reasons.

Yeah! Ermz. That could bean awesome route. I could always take my laptop etc, but then there's other issues with that too! I guess the AXE fx is the commercial version of that to some degree :p

The pod seems to be the way to go, I'm just sceptical due to the band experiencs I've had etc :S
Maybe thay've improved since when I played one a long time ago!

Cheers guys!

Don't get me wrong. The POD tones suck donkey balls. You'd be best off with an AXE-FX until the V-machines become a reality, but until then I guess it's a compromise between how much moolah you'd like to spend on this, considering it will only be your 'secondary', backup rig.

I have a feeling he was talking about the V-Amp Pro for touring which most certainly does have an on/off switch as seen in the picture below.

Yeah, I´ve used the "non-pro" version and that "no power switch policy" annoyed me to hell. On the bright side of V-Amp 2 I can say that the Soldano model is nice (not as a Soldano clone, but as a generic metal high gain tone), the light knobs were cool and it had a great bang for the buck. It comes with a footswitch and a bag, and POD doesn´t (but I still would totally recommend the PODxt over it).

I think you should check the Floor POD instead of POD 2.0. The tones are similar, but the price is better as it already have the footswitch and pedals built-in.

^^^ That's what kind of got me thinking about the behringer...
Dark tranquillity use them live, and their live DVD is V-amp and it sounds insane.
So yeh :S

Anyone got any live vids of bands with POD's or V-amps that they can recommend?

The GSP1101 is awesome. Recently picked one up and am verry happy with it. Plus, after tour it will fit right into your regular rig.

@Amarshism - Yeah dude, there will be a backline of sorts at each gig, that's a given. Having said that, I would like some consistency between shows by using a pod/ v-amp whatever

@Narcoss - Yeah dude, the HD 147 isn't it? I saw them use them at Soundwave last year, sounded fine IMO.

So I think I'll be going the POD route, I looked at the Flood pod, but it doesn't let you turn off cab models :S hmm!!!
Maybe have to go the model up! Cheers guys.

Chris

@Narcoss - Yeah dude, the HD 147 isn't it? I saw them use them at Soundwave last year, sounded fine IMO.

So I think I'll be going the POD route, I looked at the Flood pod, but it doesn't let you turn off cab models :S hmm!!!

Yeah, they use the HD 147, which is basically running a PODxt on a Line6 cab.
By the way, the Floor POD do let you turn the cab sim off. It´s that "A.I.R." switch at the back of the unit. And I also realized that the Floor POD doesn´t have a power switch (on/off) just like V-Amp. LOL these engineers are just retarded.