New and Recent Releases

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
I recently got a hold of some recent releases and wondered what others thought. I wonder if based on some of the new stuff out if there's any interest in these bands for PPIV.

Kamelot-Epica I love this, so far this is one my favorite new releases.

Edenbridge-Aphelion Haven't heard older Edenbridge but I really liked this one.

Dream Evil-Evilized Dream Evil tread no new territory. Not quite as good as Dragonslayer.

Dragonforce-Valley Of The Damned Still debating on this one, for some reason it just hasn't rubbed off on me yet.

Messiah's Kiss-No Prayer For The Dying - Former Member of Holy Mother (a band i lOVED), I'm a little disappointed with this release. Weak production for a Power Metal release.

Pagan's Mind-Celestial Entrance Another good release. I've seen a post on them in the past.

Luca Turilli-Prophet of The Last Eclipse Another favorite of mine. I couldn't get this out of my CD player for weeks! Now if he could just give Rhapsody a jump start like this!

Meduza-Now and Forever Melodic power metal, I liked this one though i haven't read much on them. They know they are from Sweden.

Full Strike-We WIll Rise Better known as Stefan Elmgren's Full Strike, he should give up on Hammerfall and make this a full time band. Metal Mind, End of TIme, We Will Rise are great songs.

Some other ones I liked:

Power Quest-Wings of forever
Manticora-Hyperion
Symphorce-Phorcefulahead (vocalist from Brainstorm)
Thy Majestie-Hastings 1066

Kamelot-Epica
half the CD I loved half of it did shit for me.

Edenbridge-Aphelion
Not a big fan of female fronted metal bands so no point in creating an opinion.

Dream Evil-Evilized
Im opposite with you on this CD. Think its better than Dragonslayer, and more traditional European Metal. Right up my alley!

Dragonforce-Valley Of The Damned
Its growing on me, but Im not as impressed as others on here.

Messiah's Kiss-No Prayer For The Dying
Havent heard cant say :)

Pagan's Mind-Celestial Entrance
My CD of the year for 2002. Actually created a website for the band.

Luca Turilli-Prophet of The Last Eclipse
Thought it was ok, a little to epic for me.

Meduza-Now and Forever
Underated band IMO. I think this CD is really good.

Full Strike-We WIll Rise
Suprisingly I really enjoyed this band, and loved the vocals. Excellent tunes!

Power Quest-Wings of forever
They need to realize that not every song needs to be a million miles per hour, but I did find the CD enjoyable.

Manticora-Hyperion
Not bad, not something I was really impressed with, but I didnt hate it either. Production was a lil weak to me.

Symphorce-Phorcefulahead
Nice fat meaty production reminded me of Superior - Behind CD. A pleasant ballsy listen! I like it!

Thy Majestie
In a nutshell I think this band is another cheese fest. I laughed trying to take these guys serious as a band. All the triumphant crap, and shit made me laugh literally. I thought this CD sucked ass.

There ya go!

Kamelot-Epica = Great album!! I don't know if I like it more than Karma, but it still kicks ass. Their third consecutive great album.

Edenbridge-Aphelion = I'm not a great fan of them, but I must say this album is much better than thier previous two.

Dream Evil-Evilized = Nothing special. Solid power metal but just too "typical" and predictable.

Dragonforce-Valley of the Damned = It is nothing new nor great, but it is fun to listen to.

Messiah's Kiss-No Prayer for Dying = Music sounds very similar to Primal Fear. They sound ok.

Pagans Mind-Celestial Entrance = Masterpiece!!!!!! The biggest surprise (band) of the past months IMO. I would love to see tham at ProgPower.

Luca Turilli-Prophet of Last Eclipse = Decent album, but just too typical and repetitive. Luca Turilli and Rhapsody need to mix it up a little. They are getting way too repetitive.

Meduza-Now and Forever = Boring!!!

Full Striker-We Will Rise = Horrible! I am getting sick of Hammerfall, and this sounds even worse.

Power Quest-Wings of Forever = Boring

Manticora-Hyperion = Cool album!!!! I like the aggressiveness on this one. It is also very melodic and technical. A very underrated band IMO.

Symphorce-Phorcefulahead = Cool album, but I prefer Brainstorm 1000 times. (Brainstorm should be at ProgPower!!!!!!!)

Thy Majestie-Hasting 1066 = Great album!!!!! I did not have high expectations after their first album, which was weak and overrated, but this one is great. IMO, this album is much better than Rhapsody's last two.