new antimatter track. Katatonia dark? no way!

I downloaded it and had already opened the window but hey, it's not thaaat sad. "Flowers" and "Going nowhere" from Saviour, those are songs that really get me down...

Must say that i'm a bit disappointed by the song, hope the rest of that album will be a bit better.

falling bird said:
I downloaded it and had already opened the window but hey, it's not thaaat sad. "Flowers" and "Going nowhere" from Saviour, those are songs that really get me down...

Must say that i'm a bit disappointed by the song, hope the rest of that album will be a bit better.

I agree, somehow it sounds... well I don't know. The main theme is repeated like no tomorrow, but perhaps that's the point of the song :err:
Simplicity can be very powerful, but in this case it just seems stretched.

my dying groom said:
I agree, somehow it sounds... well I don't know. The main theme is repeated like no tomorrow, but perhaps that's the point of the song :err:
Simplicity can be very powerful, but in this case it just seems stretched.

Another agreement with me, it's a decent song but 8 minutes long is too long for this song, cut it down to 5 and it would be better.

well theyre darker, and more depressive then anyone in the business (as far as i know)
and the new album will be darker then the new one! Mick Moss was responsible for the 'happy' parts on 'Saviour', but he went doom since then.... so now they both write proper doom songs... :eek:
but i have to agree it might be better if it was shorter... the end seems pointless to me as well. but anyway this is a very good song worth DLing! :Spin:

Love Conquers All said:
Maybe first Katatonia released were doomy but... heh... I can hardly call them doom nowdays. Rock yes, Doom...? Naaah
proper doom isnt about doom metal but about things that happened in real life. real shit! thats proper doom :devil: its an insider for whoever who's in antimatter. ;)
so this is no doom metal!!!!

Thorns of Sorrow said:
Maybe I'm alone in this, but, I find nothing depressing about Antimatter. Saviour was a good album, but it really did nothing for me.

Hmmmm. IMO, "Savior" was more claustrophobic and "armageddonish" than purely depressing.
For me, it seemed to capture the awesome, dark-urban vibe of masters Massive Attack & Portishead combined with the elegant "doominess" & bleakness of "Alt 4" era Anathema!

I LOVE "Savior", but I dont find it to be depressing in the manner of, say, MDB's "Turn Loose the Swans".

Anyway, after having listened to the new Antimatter track, I can honestly say that 2003 looks to be an awesome year for music!

Newies from:
Katatonia
Opeth
Massive Attack
Portishead
the Gathering
Antimatter
Anathema
Iron Maiden