New Band From Brian Hood.

i dont know :zzz: it comes off like a gimmick. All of the sudden EVERY SINGLE BAND plays serious-core :loco: with their teles and tunnels :rolleyes: a mixture between hardcore and hipster. We get it, your crabcore/dance/dubstep/jazz album sold 56 copies..you are sad.. you are pissed off. Theres no need to get melodramatic :D

?

^^Maybe he means the ear-rings? Some of them are like "tunnels". Just a guess though.

Can I ask what the fuck a tunnel is? It's clear by context that you're not talking about underground passageways, but I have no idea what a "tunnel" is otherwise.

Yeah idk never heard anyone call them that before in my life lol.

But why the fuck do you care what these dudes are wearing or look like, you gay? its fucking music, its dumb to bring what someone looks like into it.

Yeah idk never heard anyone call them that before in my life lol.

But why the fuck do you care what these dudes are wearing or look like, you gay? its fucking music, its dumb to bring what someone looks like into it.

I agree. this happens all too often. Talented musicians but people are so concerned about how they look that they think it effects the music

I agree. this happens all too often. Talented musicians but people are so concerned about how they look that they think it effects the music

I mean if these guys were dressed up with make up and shit then yeah i could see someone saying something. But they just look like normal guys to me.
Just because someone doesn't look like yourself doesn't mean you should be bashing on how they look.

I'm sorry not all of us dress like we are *Metal*

I just dress like a normal dude, i mean who gives a fuck, i really do not care what im wearing. It should have nothing to do with the music what so ever.
not there to impress all the dudes around me lol.

if you care about that shit then you are clearly posing yourself and trying to be Something.

fuck all the labels, worry about yourself.
this is the problem with the world, everyone cares to much about what everyone else is doing. worry about yourself and if you do not like something just simply shut your fucking mouth and keep it to yourself rather than starting drama.

Everything said is just all opinion, and that is fine.
But as long as these guys are doing what they love to do, do not hate them for it just because its not what you would be doing.

spacers/tunnels/plugs is what ive heard those things called in australia. apparently 'gauges' is an american thing or something?

spacers/tunnels/plugs is what ive heard those things called in australia. apparently 'gauges' is an american thing or something?

idk why it matters if someone has them or what you are calling them lol.
it is what it is.

the whole time i watched this i wasn't over here being like hey guys check out this fuckers ears. ohhhh damn that dude is such a hipster WTF i HATE that shit.

didn't even notice it until someone started talking about it because who cares. Its something i see all the time. i think tats look dumb on a lot of people but im not bashing what others like its just not for me. it could have been left at that.

I just feel like some people TRY to be different and that is what they care about, it just really doesn't matter do whatever you like and worry about yourself.

i dont know :zzz: it comes off like a gimmick. All of the sudden EVERY SINGLE BAND plays serious-core :loco: with their teles and tunnels :rolleyes: a mixture between hardcore and hipster. We get it, your crabcore/dance/dubstep/jazz album sold 56 copies..you are sad.. you are pissed off. Theres no need to get melodramatic :D

Thanks Sergeant D.

Wow guys, this thread is messed up. Yes, the whole Wave / Bridge9 thing has taken off and some of you don't like it, I get it. But these guys are at least trying to do something different, and in my opinion this sort of stuff is a hell of a let better than the Defiler's / Attack Attack's we usually make fun of.

This whole thread is so ridiculously judgmental it's a little bit sickening, in a Rate Your Mix forum I think two people have actually discussed the mix and everyone else is jumping down the bands throat.

The mix sounds great guys, nothing short of what I would expect from Mr. Hood. From a songwriting perspective, I'd say lose the double kick / breakdowns as they sound REALLY out of place and is most likely what everyone is having a go at you for. Or if you like it, disregard my opinion aha.

Great mix Brian! must have been a bitch to mix the guitars as clean as they are combined with those heavy drums.. weird stuff, but cool.

I don't think he's looking for mix advice, it's a finished thing, and now we put finished things in this section as well, even if we're not looking to be "rated" on the mix.

And chrisjamesdude, even though I never mentioned anything about their image, I think the main point is not about how they dress, but that it looks fake as they're trying too hard to get their point across that they are hardcore cause they dress as such but also have a big mushy heart cause their song is very emotional and heartbreaking. Again, I never talked about their looks, just about the song, which I don't like, I honestly feel it's fake and has no real feeling (my opinion and I could be wrong, but my opinion nonetheless) and started no drama over it.

And if you've heard hardcore, there's very little hardcore in that music, while there's a BIG deathcore influence in the whole song.

Stop pretending music should be seperated from image, it was never this way, it will never be this way, and for all the scenes where it was cool to have no image having no image was the image. get. over. it.

I don't think he's looking for mix advice, it's a finished thing, and now we put finished things in this section as well, even if we're not looking to be "rated" on the mix.

And chrisjamesdude, even though I never mentioned anything about their image, I think the main point is not about how they dress, but that it looks fake as they're trying too hard to get their point across that they are hardcore cause they dress as such but also have a big mushy heart cause their song is very emotional and heartbreaking. Again, I never talked about their looks, just about the song, which I don't like, I honestly feel it's fake and has no real feeling (my opinion and I could be wrong, but my opinion nonetheless) and started no drama over it.

And if you've heard hardcore, there's very little hardcore in that music, while there's a BIG deathcore influence in the whole song.

Deathcore?

haha dude please explain because im starting to think you are just trolling.

Your right i can hear the whitechapel just flowing out in the song and those guitar tones are fucking brutal dude lol :p

Idk i would love for you to explain because im so lost.

To me the harsh vocals are pretty anoying in that context.
I guess in these kind of things it's more about the "atmosphere" rather then the "music"?
For that effect I like to listen to stuff without vocals...or soundtracks.

But if people dig it then yay! way to go. People have dug stuff I didn't like that was way worse lol

I don't hear hear a lot of deathcore or hardcore in that song btw...

Mix is the shit as usual!

I take it no one here is into screamo ? (the original kind.. not the core bands its associated with now).
This is a more modern take on the style, but its hardly anything new.

Personally I dig this, but I can see why it does not appeal to some people or seems "fake".

I actually like the double bass in this song, you shouldn't be afraid of using them. The clean singing sounds pretty awkward the first time i listened but I just had to get used to it. Mix-wise this is another solid H00D mix. Only thing that's bugging me is the hihat. Really don't like that hihat.

I take it no one here is into screamo ? (the original kind.. not the core bands its associated with now).
This is a more modern take on the style, but its hardly anything new.

Personally I dig this, but I can see why it does not appeal to some people or seems "fake".

I think this might be it, what is annoying though is the vocal layering you just absolutely CANNOT do that in this type of music, at least not in the way it's been used in this track. It also doesn't help that the vocalist reminds me a little of Vincent from The Acacia Strain.

The whole thing vibes a little like Saetia but obviously with a very different vocal style, which could be why people are having a go at it.

And chrisjamesdude, even though I never mentioned anything about their image...
lol neither did i, just decided to have a conversation about body mods :p
Stop pretending music should be seperated from image, it was never this way, it will never be this way, and for all the scenes where it was cool to have no image having no image was the image. get. over. it.

this sums it up pretty well not that i have that much of a problem with this band