New Bands To Check Out

Great! Thanks K-mak!
BTW: Have you guys heard Warmen?
A finnish band with members from Children of Bodom, Sinergy and Stratovarius. I think it's a solo project by the the keyboardist in Bodom..I'm not sure..

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
What do you think of The Seventh One?
They have potential, don't you think?

I'm giving Sacrifice my first listen...'bout two minutes through - yeah, this is good shit! I'm off to download their other song! :D Is this all their material?

EDIT: No, of course, it can't be...you said they have a new album out :)

Whew!!!!!!! Thank goodness I was wrong about the upset thing. Glad you guys want to check out new stuff. I'm ALWAYS "sniffing around" for new metal bands to check out and so on.

Second, I've heard Seventh One and they are very good Power Metal. :)

Awesome stuff.

Yep, the new album is called "Sacrifice".
I think it's great. Not very original but still awesome power metal :headbang:

That was a doy moment from me :eek: I went back up to get the link again and saw that you said they had a new album out...UM was having probs so I couldn't edit me post X-P
For some reason you can't download the second song so I had it on lo-fi play, and could only listen to the first half somehow. Good shit, cool intro! Definately a band to look out for! :D

Glad you're happy, ATHALLUS :) keep the bands coming!

I bought Dies Ire's "Legend Of Nhor" demo cd and I must say it totally rocks!!!!

Every song is good and played well.
If you haven't gotten this demo, you should. It is most definetly worth it.

I also got Spellgate's free demo.
Not metal, but excellent none the less.
Another good demo, and FREE upon request!!!!

Check them both out!!! :)

Anyone know what's become of Stranglehold (UK). Their debut was one of the best cd's I've ever heard from an unsigned band (Melodic Power Metal w/ a Steel Prophet sound).

One band to watch IF they ever finish their debut (which has been 2 years in the making) is Bride Adorned. THier a symphonic Power metal band with some definite Rhapsody influences.

John....yeah I know Stranglehold. They were from Southampton as well. Last I heard vocalist Jon Nicholas was working in a bar in the Mediterranean. I did talk to their drummer Steve Hales about being in PQ back before we recorded our demo. I haven't heard anything since although I believe the band are no more.

Originally posted by ATHALLUS
I also got Spellgate's free demo.
Not metal, but excellent none the less.
Another good demo, and FREE upon request!!!!

Free music! :D How do we get ours, then?

There's a link on the forum somewhere to their website, or, you can send an E-Mail addy with your home address to: www.spellgate.com.

Like I said, it's not metal, but it's good if you like folkish, soothing music played in an electronic medieval folkish style with wonderful female vocals. If you want something different, this is for you.

Enjoy!!!!!:D

Check out Black Majesty
www.blackmajesty.com
Interesting metal band from Australia! :) They rock! :headbang:

They're Aussie, but relocated to Holland now or something like that right? I hear they're very good - I'll check 'em out.

Another Aussie band: Dungeon. I'm having difficulty finding their album and I hear it rocks. They supported Edguy in Australia. Anyone heard them yet?

Also, anyone heard of Dionysus? I have to review their CD (haven't heard it yet) but they're produced by Tobias Sammet, and that will always sparks some interest from me.... :)