new BDM

Ahh sweet, thanks man. Checking this out now.

And, does anyone else feel like Knight's solo work, since he joined, is kinda blah? I mean, great player, but I almost prefer John's solo work over Knight's.

Ahh sweet, thanks man. Checking this out now.

And, does anyone else feel like Knight's solo work, since he joined, is kinda blah? I mean, great player, but I almost prefer John's solo work over Knight's.

100% disagree :p Ryan is probably one of the most fluent and tastiest players around in my opinion

I don't know bro, I mean he's definitely a great player. Something about the scales he lays over the rhythms turns me off. Like all of his solos sound very, very similar, in my opinion.

I dunno they've just sounded like one long song of the same riffs to me after Nocturnal and Deflorate.

Not digging this new one so much. Maybe it's gotta grow on me.

I agree with them sort of all sounding like one long song. Unhallowed and Miasma are still my favorites, Nocturnal is up there but almost everything after they seemed to go a slightly different direction with the riffs.

And those solos...man, it just irks me for some odd reason. Too much vibrato all over the place, imo. Sucks because TBDM is one of my all time favorites and I never want to say negative stuff like this.

Not digging this new one so much. Maybe it's gotta grow on me.

I agree with them sort of all sounding like one long song. Unhallowed and Miasma are still my favorites, Nocturnal is up there but almost everything after they seemed to go a slightly different direction with the riffs.

And those solos...man, it just irks me for some odd reason. Too much vibrato all over the place, imo. Sucks because TBDM is one of my all time favorites and I never want to say negative stuff like this.

I know what you mean man. TBDM is one of my favourite bands ever, and although John wasn't a competent soloist, at least there was some memorable melody. Ryan shreds so much and so fast it just becomes a blur a lot of the time and just sounds the same. He's an awesome guitarist and i love his solos but it's just the problem with constant shredding. The most memorable solo for me is probably Everblack because it starts off slow and simple and is easy to memorise. On one of their DVD's Trevor states that on Nocturnal he basically had to hum a melody for John to imitate for the solo, as he'd already decided he was leaving the band but would stay for the album recording but hadn't written any solos. Everblack and Nocturnal are my two favourites, will hopefully receive Abysmal tomorrow in the post, but the two songs i've heard from it so far sound very 'bleh whatever'.

Hate to say it, but not exactly digging this mix as much as I hoped, coming from Lewis.

I know they went for a more "live" / raw vibe, but I feel like the guitars don't quite have enough clarity and the mix seems a bit jumbled at times.

And those toms seem to jump out in a weird way.

So far, I'll give this album a 5/10. Probably my least favorite of all.