New Behemoth......

The Apostasy was wank aye, but I'm loving what I've heard of Evangelion so far.

one of those bands ive never considered checking out because their appearance and 24542 tshirt designs makes em seem like they're probably some trendy quasi black/death/pop. whats the best album, ill give it a try?

one of those bands ive never considered checking out because their appearance and 24542 tshirt designs makes em seem like they're probably some trendy quasi black/death/pop. whats the best album, ill give it a try?

Satanica is the best, dont listen to these other faggy faggots. Though Thelema.6 is pretty good as well. You may like their old black metal stuff.

their appearance and 24542 tshirt designs makes em seem like they're probably some trendy quasi black/death/pop.

This is unfortunately very true nowadays. They're on every gay ass red bull/hottopic/whatever sponsored tour it seems. First time I saw em was with Dying Fetus in a tiny little club in downtown Providence. Good show. Revenge played.

Here's my stupid worthless opinion!
On my first listen, my initial feelings are while its not bad, its completely unmemorable. There isn't much in the way of hooks, and songs or riffs for that matter that standout. I love blastbeats as much as the next guy, but at a certain point it just becomes blasting for the sake of blasting. I've heard worse albums for sure, but theres nothing that really makes me want to go back and give it another listen.

Also, at this point, using V's instead ov F's just seems stupid.

The new Rudra is awesome though, check that shit out.

Here's my stupid worthless opinion!
On my first listen, my initial feelings are while its not bad, its completely unmemorable. There isn't much in the way of hooks, and songs or riffs for that matter that standout. I love blastbeats as much as the next guy, but at a certain point it just becomes blasting for the sake of blasting. I've heard worse albums for sure, but theres nothing that really makes me want to go back and give it another listen.

This is exactly what I was afraid of.

Like Max, I like blasting just as much as the next person, but if it just turns into drummers doing cartwheels behind the kit to show how awesome they are it really turns me off.

I need hooks and grooves with blasting in there. See Slaves Shall Serve.

Behemoth is one of those bands lately that are super technical but their songs are like one big exercise in being ambidextrous and extreme with no real song structure. It seems like there aren't any more riffs with brutal death bands lately. Everything is so convoluted that I don't know where one riff ends and another begins. Forget about headbanging to it...just try and get to the end of the song before skipping the track.

Behemoth is one of those bands lately that are super technical but their songs are like one big exercise in being ambidextrous and extreme with no real song structure. It seems like there aren't any more riffs with brutal death bands lately. Everything is so convoluted that I don't know where one riff ends and another begins. Forget about headbanging to it...just try and get to the end of the song before skipping the track.

Yeah this is why I don't dig too many recent death metal bands. Too much focus on musicianship, not enough on songwriting. The ones I do like sound like they started out in the mid 90s.

You should check out Dead Congregation, dude. Its like the best parts of Morbid Angel, Immolation, and Incantation thrown into one beast of a death metal album. Total evil atmosphere, and you will break your neck headbanging to Graves of the Archangels. Best newer death metal band, IMO.

Every DM band should take note from a non-DM band dabbling in DM.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3hIr2K9PHQ&feature=related[/ame]