New Black Dahlia Murder album coming out!!

Not even close. They're more black metal than anything else especially considering storm of the light's bane. To say other wise is ridiculous, if that's the case we might as well call catamenia melodic death metal, :lol: (which I'm cuurrently listening too!! eskhata!!!!)

Yes, wanna fight about it?

I can understand why some might call them black metal but their method of songwriting is much closer to death metal. The production can also be kind of black metal-esque so I can see why people might see it as such. I'd recommend you listen more intently if you can't hear any death metal in their sound. Then again, who really gives a shit anyway?

I was being a blatant dick for shits and giggles. I like how this automatically constitutes as "elitism."

Nocturnal is one of my fav metal albums ever...seriously...I don't care what anyone says....It's got some of the sickest drumming Ive heard in a long time and the riffs and solos they come up with make me head bang like crazy...They've come a long way, along with that album cover that even throws back to the 90s. Pure Swedish worship but in a good way, mixed with a little cannibal corpse.

bdm-nocturnal.jpg

What the fuck are you talking about?

Met and talked to the recent drummer for this shit factory numerous times; actually a great guy. Band is a revolving door around the singer and a money making machine for kids who buy stuff featuring bro dudes with cool gauged piercings and tattoos. They've never recorded a good song, and never will. And of course, I'm not allowed to say the band is bad, due to the David Worthington Law:

Last edited by a moderator:
Met and talked to the recent drummer for this shit factory numerous times; actually a great guy. Band is a revolving door around the singer and a money making machine for kids who buy stuff featuring bro dudes with cool gauged piercings and tattoos. They've never recorded a good song, and never will. And of course, I'm not allowed to say the band is bad, due to the David Worthington Law:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8wLg5Asgo

Ok Superior One :worship:

I personally think that too many people have grudges against deathcore and grindcore to appriciate at least a couple good songs. These bands are just like Britney Spears in the sense that the labels have to tell them to make hit singles, and the rest of the songs are boring crap. BUT that is how all american music is. It has nothing to do with the genre. Deathcore would be an amazing genre, a genre I'd listen to all day long, a genre I'd love. But sadly, it will probably never be, just because most of the kids just want brutal shows, and no deathcore bands are willing to make catchy, epic songs like BDM's Statutory Ape, Suicide Silence's Lifted, Cattle Decapitation's Humanre and Gardeners of Eden, even these bands themselves don't make anything good if its not a single...its even the case with other metal bands like Dimmu Borgir. Dimmu pretty much isn't very exciting but the song Progenies is just epic.

It truly is mostly an american band problem, all these bands just know they can make good hits and not worry about the shit thats on the rest of the cd. the rest of the cd all will sound the same, but way more boring and less experimental. And opposite of that, you could take really talented always different bands like Dark T, Opeth, Cradle of Filth and even In Flames, and what makes them talented is EVERY SONG IS DIFFERENT. Different tempos, different parts, different choruses, different lengths, and different influences and sounds. Bands that always sound the same are boring, and deathcore would be amazing if the bands didn't always pride on each song being an exact clone of another.

I mean, wether anyone realizes it or not, DT's The Gallery was essentially the first album to dab in what would be now called Deathcore. It just had the begginings of what would evolve. But they proved that you can have a brutal, evil, epic album that is insanely catchy and melodic, without really being all that experimental. it just takes talent for writing riffs, vocal lines, and different parts with different influences across the metal span.

they are a decent band to c live. i saw them with cannibal corpse and they werent bad but other than that i never listen to them.

I personally think that too many people have grudges against deathcore and grindcore to appriciate at least a couple good songs. These bands are just like Britney Spears in the sense that the labels have to tell them to make hit singles, and the rest of the songs are boring crap. BUT that is how all american music is. It has nothing to do with the genre. Deathcore would be an amazing genre, a genre I'd listen to all day long, a genre I'd love. But sadly, it will probably never be, just because most of the kids just want brutal shows, and no deathcore bands are willing to make catchy, epic songs like BDM's Statutory Ape, Suicide Silence's Lifted, Cattle Decapitation's Humanre and Gardeners of Eden, even these bands themselves don't make anything good if its not a single...its even the case with other metal bands like Dimmu Borgir. Dimmu pretty much isn't very exciting but the song Progenies is just epic.

It truly is mostly an american band problem, all these bands just know they can make good hits and not worry about the shit thats on the rest of the cd. the rest of the cd all will sound the same, but way more boring and less experimental. And opposite of that, you could take really talented always different bands like Dark T, Opeth, Cradle of Filth and even In Flames, and what makes them talented is EVERY SONG IS DIFFERENT. Different tempos, different parts, different choruses, different lengths, and different influences and sounds. Bands that always sound the same are boring, and deathcore would be amazing if the bands didn't always pride on each song being an exact clone of another.

I mean, wether anyone realizes it or not, DT's The Gallery was essentially the first album to dab in what would be now called Deathcore. It just had the begginings of what would evolve. But they proved that you can have a brutal, evil, epic album that is insanely catchy and melodic, without really being all that experimental. it just takes talent for writing riffs, vocal lines, and different parts with different influences across the metal span.

OK....time to dissect a moronic post, no offense btw

1)Who has a grudge against grindcore? It's badass

2)You constantly contradict yourself in the first paragraph, first saying that deathcore bands are like britney spears, having to produce hit after hit..next you say they would never make a catchy song, then you proceed to list a whole bunch of "catchy" Deathcore songs..make up your mind man!

3)Please don't say that only american bands have this problem..first of all I'm Swedish so consider me unbiased already..next, do you really think that greed only exists in America? As if no european record label ever thought of the prospect of making more money?! However, the only claim you have is that certain musical movements are bigger in certain parts of the world...in fact I don't know of any deathcore bands hailing from europe..but then again it's not like I've ever researched that either

4)
And opposite of that, you could take really talented always different bands like Dark T, Opeth, Cradle of Filth and even In Flames, and what makes them talented is EVERY SONG IS DIFFERENT. Different tempos, different parts, different choruses, different lengths, and different influences and sounds.

Are you serious? Did you just write that?! You're telling me that only a handful of bands have DIFFERENT CHORUSES? DIFFERENT SONG LENGTHS? DIFFERENT PARTS? Jeez, do you have like 8 bands in your itunes library?

5)
DT's The Gallery was essentially the first album to dab in what would be now called Deathcore. It just had the begginings of what would evolve. But they proved that you can have a brutal, evil, epic album that is insanely catchy and melodic, without really being all that experimental. it just takes talent for writing riffs, vocal lines, and different parts with different influences across the metal span.

Ehrrm...I don't think you know what deathcore is..what you just described was a generic, and somewhat retarded picture of Melodic Death Metal

Side note: I hate deathcore, I am in no way condoning or defending it, I am merely sick of seeing stupid posts corrupting the minds of children who visit this website