New Black Dahlia Murder album coming out!!

Nocturnal is my absolute favorite album ever. TBDM is my favorite band. I've only heard the song "A Selection Unnatural" from their upcoming album, and from what I've heard, it's just ok. Not absolutely mind blowingly awesome, like Nocturnal was to me. I'm just worried that they too are gonna be Metal-Blade-inized (nice word, btw) like JFAC, Whitechapel, and others.

There, I stated my opinion, and I'm not gonna force it on the rest of you or criticize you for your opinions. All of you are no better than the person who you are arguing against. Do any of you seriously think that you're gonna change ANYONE'S mind on what music they like?

Oh, and what is "TRV KVLT". I've never seen or heard of that acronym. What does it mean? And what's bad about it?

It's an expression people use to describe the elitism demonstrated by many fans of black metal. They want to keep the genre pure, the the "trv" (true) portion, and they want as few people to listen to it as possible... for some reason. Haven't figured out why yet. But that's the "kvlt" (cult) portion. It was probably all started by Darkthrone. Anyway, IP uses the expression because he gets butthurt over people having different taste in music than his own.

Whoa!! are you serious? did you just start listening to metal yesterday? come on! there are way better bands from the states.

Shitty American scenes....meaning all the Deathcore/Metalcore shit. They are the best band out of them all.

And real Melodic Death Metal?

In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Children of Bodom, Insomnium, Soilwork, At The Gates, Darkane, Eucharist, Mors Principium Est, Kalmah, Norther, Eternal Tears of Sorrow. You act like since I enjoy a "SCENE" band I can't name real metal bands.

Yep. Those were the exact bands that I expected you to respond with to exemplify your "vast knowledge of metal." With the exception of certain eras of those bands (which I don't think you're talking about anyway), most of those aren't even death metal. In fact, those are probably some of The Black Dahlia Murder's biggest influences. There are bands that actually play melodic DEATH metal but the Gothenburg sound has unfortunately made that easily mistakeable.

Like who? Hypocrisy? Obscura? Arsis? Death? Carcass?

Idn dude...That's the Melodic Death metal I like. Melodeath.

The fight is pointless anyway...I love The Black Dahlia Murder. The end

I am just being a dick btw. I just find it humorous how I can sum up someone's music taste by just the mere knowledge of them liking The Black Dahlia Murder.

Arch Enemy and In Flames pretty much released nothing but crap period and you could probably argue that they never really played death metal to begin with but I really don't feel like getting into that.

These were the albums I was talking about from the bands you mentioned...

Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
At The Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours
At The Gates - With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness
Dark Tranquillity - Skydancer

More melodic death metal that still manages to maintain the DEATH METAL element of their music...

Cardinal Sin - Spiteful Intents
Dissection - The Somberlain
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
Decameron - My Shadow...
Embracing - I Bear the Burden of Time
The Moaning - Blood From Stone
Amon Amarth - Sorrow Through the Nine Worlds
Amon Amarth - Once Sent From the Golden Hall
Unanimated - Ancient God of Evil
Intestine Baalism - An Anatomy of the Beast

Okay I don't know most of those bands...But I own all those Dissection and Amon Amarth albums.

I also own Skydancer and The red in the sky is ours...

I mean I came up with real metal...I was brought up on Carcass, Death, In Flames, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden...I do enjoy some of these newer bands though Original or not, if they play well I can enjoy it. Also Once sent sounds pretty gothenburg to me but more agressive, it's insanely catchy.

But how can anyone like Skydancer and not even give a nod to Lunar Strain?

Perfect example of how to incorporate melodies (imo, but everyone can listen to whatever they want):

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I don't know most of those bands...But I own all those Dissection and Amon Amarth albums.

I also own Skydancer and The red in the sky is ours...

I mean I came up with real metal...I was brought up on Carcass, Death, In Flames, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden...I do enjoy some of these newer bands though Original or not, if they play well I can enjoy it. Also Once sent sounds pretty gothenburg to me but more agressive, it's insanely catchy.

But how can anyone like Skydancer and not even give a nod to Lunar Strain?

I actually find Lunar Strain to be pretty decent. Not the best songwriting in the world but it's definitely an OK album. But yeah, check out the albums I posted. All great stuff.

Children Of Bodom were never melodic death metal or anywhere close.

They were never anything remotely resembling black metal.

They were extreme power, through and through with melo-death influences here or there.