New Bleeding Skies song - (Prog/tech/djent) new axe fx patch

Sora01

how do mix ¯\(°_o)/¯
Oct 7, 2008
Aberdeen
Hey guys.

So I've been working on this brand new song for the last couple of days, used a new axe fx patch which I just dialled up pretty quickly.

It's called "Yin" , you can find it here on the soundclick player for decentish quality.

www.myspace.com/bleedingskies1

Think it turned out ok, let me know what you think :worship:

You just rule man. excellent song writing and mixing :D realy loved that guitars sound - it has balls but its not too distorted and messed up realy "clean" dist sound :)
I realy like... all your mixes and songs writing.. amazing :)

have some questions :
what drop it is ?
is the snare have extra samples or only s2.0 snare? because for example the snare has some buzz I cant remove ... how to put it out ?
can you post the midi file please ? :D
the bass has dist in it?
in the master buss are you using some kind of staturaion like psp vintage warmer?

sorry for the tons of questions , but its just great :)

Thanks for the kind words :)

This is in Drop Bb
This is indeed a s2.0 snare, no samples apart from the kick, nut sure about your buzz.

sorry i don't wan't to give out any original files from this song :), have a go programming them yourself heehee.

The bass has a tubescreamer sim on it, not much grind overall.

And no nothing like that in the master bus.

Video now up

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the mix and tone!

From 1:30 to 2:00 the high accent riffs seem a bit over edited. you can hear the transient of the "slide" back down the neck to the lower part and it sounds edited. Trim those up a bit and it would be 100% perfection :) Also the "right" side comes out of time ever so slightly, try shifting it back about 3 or 4 samples.

The master is 2 compressors, one is controlling the lower end for a change.

Love the mix and tone!

From 1:30 to 2:00 the high accent riffs seem a bit over edited. you can hear the transient of the "slide" back down the neck to the lower part and it sounds edited. Trim those up a bit and it would be 100% perfection :) Also the "right" side comes out of time ever so slightly, try shifting it back about 3 or 4 samples.

I never edited those riffs at all :) all straight tracks all the way through man

Really, hmmm maybe its the gate kicking in I am hearing, something just sounds odd when you go back to the low section. The off time still applies though :p

I dig the mix man, please dont take what I am saying as a "fuck you"...lol Just giving you advice to make it perfect :) cause it deserves to be!

I also thought that that part sounded a bit edited...
i'd get rid of some fingering noise, but else than that it sounds really nice.
the kicks a bit loud maybe

This is fucking magic!

About your guitar tone: I am curious as to what you do.. are you using only one guitar tone re-amped for stereo, or do you do combination of two tones? Sorry, dumb question. I've always been doing two different impulses for the same amp to try and get a better tone, and I am curious what other people do, especially with such an awesome tone.

dude. seriously. I love your stuff. I listen to it all the time. haha. great work. mix sounds very polished to my ears.

p.s. you need to release an "album" of all completed songs sonically matched so I can listen to it every day. haha

Sounds awesome man, great mix and songwriting! Nice guitar tone, what amp model did you use on it? I just got the axefx not long ago, still figuring out my tone, god this thing is fun to tweak.

it sounds really perfect haha. i like the production and songwritting too.:p i think kick & snare are a bit loud in the mix.

more info about those 2 compressors in the master?