New Blog from Mike

Hey, it happens to the best of them...regardless of how much time is spent in rehearsals and sound checks. Sometimes you just have an off night and there's not too much that can be done about it.

Per is the man, though. Making him a full time member of the band was the best thing that ever happened to Opeth in my opinion. There is no better keyboard player in rock, as far as I'm concerned.

^ what about Ray Manzarek? Janne Warman is descent too :)
he's definitely in my top 5 though!

Its funny how equipment and sound check can verify everything is fine but somehow when the green light goes on its like gremlins fucked with all your shit and pulled out all your cables, drained the batteries in your wireless, and poured a pot of coffee on your mixer :lol:

Well everybody have a bad days. No matter if you're famous or ritch.
Honestly, I was laughing when I was reading that, and I think Mike have to laugh now, not latter like he sayed. This is not the most fucked up situation in life. Someone who saw war, will understand me. (I did't saw war, just example)
If this would happend in Russia, they would sing and applause no matter what. =)

If this would happend in Russia, they would sing and applause no matter what. =)

Just like they did on that gig as well, it has nothing to do with the country...the thing is though, I`ve listened to Harvest a billion times, but in that very moment I just could remember bits of the lyrics...and I guess I wasn´t the only one in that situation.

However, I had the feeling that quite a lot people there weren´t into Opeth at all and just wanted to see the festival headliner.

i can only say again that this gig was awesome, esp. the improvised parts...

i have about 30 seconds of heir apparent (the beginning) but I switched the cam off before sound problems set in cause I wanted to enjoy the gig but believe me, the band made up for the missing guitar by delivering a great Jam Session that needs to be on the next Live-Album!