Mike July's Blog

hexwind

Creepiness Och Terrorism
Jun 10, 2008
Psychedelic Planet
www.myspace.com
Well, just a brief update on what’s happening: Not much!....
That’s a lie to be honest…we play pretty much every weekend, last show was somewhere in Holland (don’t even know which town we’re in) at a festival called….yes, I forgotten that too. Cross something….

It was an alright, nice “in & out” show. Had a cup of single-malt after the show, courtesy of our TM, Mick. I’m not a connoisseur when it comes to hard liquor (I used to get loaded on “Grants” cheap Scotch years ago) but a nice luxury sip every now and then aint that bad.

Coolest trek lately was playing in Romania. We played in the middle of Transylvania actually, just an hours drive from the castle belonging to Vlad Tepes. The warlord that was the inspiration behind the legend about Count Dracula. We travelled through the Carpathian mountain passes and it was magical to be honest. Extremely beautiful!

The show was right in the middle of a small town dating back to the 12th century (Euro centuries) called Sibiu, and it was quite amazing to be there. Fantastic even! We headlined a show right in the town square, dead centre of the city itself. The crowd was amazing and there were a lot of people there which was surprising considering we’ve never ever played in Romania before.

Tomorrow we go up north here in Sweden to play a show. It’s some sort of street festival as far as I know. I have no expectations but it’s always nice to not be so far away from home.

On a side note, myself and Per are featured in a documentary about the Mellotron (legendary late 60’s sampler keyboard) called “Mellodrama”. Check out the trailers and whatnot at: http://www.myspace.com/mellotrondocumentary

I’m not sure about screenings of it or releases or whatever but the trailer looked awesome. I need to see it NOW!

Anyways, all’s fine here…listening to a band called Hackensack here. Not great, not absolute shit either….

Cheers
Mike
I'm happy coz there are such down-to-earth artists in the world, despite the great number of fans that they have.

the festival in holland was Zwarte Cross Festival, wich i missed!! :(

apart from that, i totaly agree with hexwind ^^

Carpathian Mountains !! Sweet...
I should have pursued a different line of work !

It sounds like something out of Metalocalypse. I could see them playing and the sun sets and fucking vampires come out and kill the crowd while The Leper Affinity is playing.

Influences of the Myspace: The Beatles, The Kinks, King Crimson, The Moody Blues, Yes, Genesis, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Zombies, David Bowie, Roxy Music, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Kraftwerk, Abba, The Pretty Things, Hawkwind, Magma, Gracious, Big Star, T Rex, Iron Butterfly, Chick Corea, Hugh Le Caine, Lawrence Welk, Jon Brion, Elvis Costello, Beck, U2, Oasis, Wilco, Optiganally Yours, Michael Penn, Matthew Sweet, Fiona Apple, Kayne West, Aimee Mann, Big Elf, Moog Cookbook,Lenny Kravitz, Air, Pavement, OMD, Tom Waits, Opeth, Grandaddy, Modest Mouse, Royal Trux, Pineforest Crunch, Stereolab, Enslaved, Opeth, Cat Power, Pulp, Nelly Furtado, Änglagård, Anekdoten.

Opeth is the only band good enough to appear twice :lol:

Influences of the Myspace: The Beatles, The Kinks, King Crimson, The Moody Blues, Yes, Genesis, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Zombies, David Bowie, Roxy Music, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Kraftwerk, Abba, The Pretty Things, Hawkwind, Magma, Gracious, Big Star, T Rex, Iron Butterfly, Chick Corea, Hugh Le Caine, Lawrence Welk, Jon Brion, Elvis Costello, Beck, U2, Oasis, Wilco, Optiganally Yours, Michael Penn, Matthew Sweet, Fiona Apple, Kayne West, Aimee Mann, Big Elf, Moog Cookbook,Lenny Kravitz, Air, Pavement, OMD, Tom Waits, Opeth, Grandaddy, Modest Mouse, Royal Trux, Pineforest Crunch, Stereolab, Enslaved, Opeth, Cat Power, Pulp, Nelly Furtado, Änglagård, Anekdoten.

:lol:

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: