new bloodbath lineup

I hope mike doesnt let the BB growl become his Opeth growl, the growls is whats worst about GR.

Probably the other way around.
In BB he will have plenty of outlet for the darkest growl he can master, which might inspire him to vary more in Opeth.

I hope this is just for one rec. I would so much rather have the SW collaboration. You all sound like RTC was anything speciel when infact it was just a little above avg DM.

RTC is special, best sound ever, best growls ever.
I doubt its temporary, Blakkheim and Jonas has struggled ALOT to get BB back on fulltime, they wouldnt take anyone that wasnt prepared to tour this time. So expect him to stay a while.
Fucking fantastic! :)

Think this will make it easier to get the DVD out now that Mikael is an official member of BB?

Maybe, but now Dan is out so who knows.

edit: To be honest, that wacken-DVD has lost alot of value to me. Mike is back and the band is making new music and are planning on doing gigs so it might be easier for them to record a new DVD.

I'm thinking they can just release the DVD with the new mini-cd. As far as I remember, all of the legal stuff with Mike was settled awhile back, so really it is just a matter of finding the right outlet.

Either way, I'm so fucking excited to hear the new songs. I checked out Genocrush Ferox, and I think Per is going to make an awesome contribution to where Bloodbath was headed with Nightmares Made Flesh.

More details in an official statement from Opeth's official website:

2008-01-30

Mikael back in Bloodbath!
If Pure Death is your thing then maybe this is a happy day for you. Mikael Åkerfeldt has returned to the vocal position in Bloodbath. It's been kept secret since the Summer of 2007 when Mike was asked to record vocals for 4 new tracks destined to be released as the "Unblessing of purity" EP. The band consists of Mikael - Vocals, Axe - Drums, Blakkheim - Guitars, Jonas - Bass and Sodomizer - Guitars. Watch this space for release dates on the EP. Also, the now legendary Wacken 2005 appearance DVD will come out in a near future through Peaceville records. On top of this there's plans to record another full lenght record which will be the 3rd since the band was formed in 1999. This will possibly be recorded during 2008.

I am happy since Mikael owns. Just as long as there are tours though with Mike, otherwise kicking Dan was a joke.

bloodbath2008.jpg

Interesting use of photoshop...

From mikes myspace: "Obviously I am busy all the time, both with my family and Opeth, so don't hold your breath for any massively extensive tours, BUT, I do believe we'll do the occasional gigs when the time is right."

Yeah Korlich, which means not many shows at all, something Dan could easily do as that's pretty much what he does already with Nightingale. So booting him was still bullshit.