New Borknagar and Mr. V

I don't know how much you have talk about this, as there are enough posts to read them all, but I will like to talk about Vintersorg's clean vocals in Universal. I like the nasal voices of the album but I wonder about the reason why Vintersorg has added them. I mean, why starting singing like that? Is the purpose to add a different way of singing? Is there any other reason?

Vintersorg is a multi-talented artist, i think he just want to try something new, i think i'm right, he have a lot of bands to make all the type of sounds he like, so i think he just thought this vocal fix better in the type of the new musics and the feelings he had :)

Sigurðr;8982022 said:
Vintersorg is a multi-talented artist, i think he just want to try something new, i think i'm right, he have a lot of bands to make all the type of sounds he like, so i think he just thought this vocal fix better in the type of the new musics and the feelings he had :)

Yeah, I know that :) I first thought that was the reason for that. But I wondered if there was another reason for that, I don't know. I haven't heard all Vintersorg's works with all his projects, but I have heard lots of them, I can't remember Vintersorg using that voice. It was only strange, I don't criticize, thogh.

Yeah, I know that :) I first thought that was the reason for that. But I wondered if there was another reason for that, I don't know. I haven't heard all Vintersorg's works with all his projects, but I have heard lots of them, I can't remember Vintersorg using that voice. It was only strange, I don't criticize, thogh.

yes yes, i know what you mean:loco: I'll gonna be sincere with you, when i heard for the first time i didnt notice this vocal change too well, and even now i saw some comments about the vocal and i cant understand, for me its 'just' vintersorg singing, and i like it very much, but now you mentioned about this 'type' of voice in universal i recommend you to listen to Cronian, its a side project of vintersorg with Øystein Garnes Brun, i like very much:kickass: they only have 2 cds, take the first one, its great! iceolated its my fav song

Sigurðr;8982288 said:
yes yes, i know what you mean:loco: I'll gonna be sincere with you, when i heard for the first time i didnt notice this vocal change too well, and even now i saw some comments about the vocal and i cant understand, for me its 'just' vintersorg singing, and i like it very much, but now you mentioned about this 'type' of voice in universal i recommend you to listen to Cronian, its a side project of vintersorg with Øystein Garnes Brun, i like very much:kickass: they only have 2 cds, take the first one, its great! iceolated its my fav song

I have the first album of Cronian, I like Iceolated too. Maybe something similar happened to me, when I heard Cronian, I didn't realize Vintersorg was singing like in Universal, if that's what you mean.

on borknagar's forum we have a poll about our favourite universal's song. i'm curious instead to know which is andreas' favourite song of the album.... :)

on borknagar's forum we have a poll about our favourite universal's song. i'm curious instead to know which is andreas' favourite song of the album.... :)

Well, it changes all the time:) At the moment "For a thousand..." is something that really have as a fave but all the songs have at one point or another been a fave. I relate specific songs to specific studio event and writing periods, ao just to pick one is very hard.

mr V

Well, it changes all the time:) At the moment "For a thousand..." is something that really have as a fave but all the songs have at one point or another been a fave. I relate specific songs to specific studio event and writing periods, ao just to pick one is very hard.

mr V

for a thousand is my actual favourite too.
i know well that feeling, because i have it also very often, from this side, the fan's side. fav songs may change, and this changes are often related to events, memories, moments and stuff. i can only imagine who much stronger can be this feeling for you who have collaborated actively for this to come true and have lived the whole thing on your skin.

mr V

Yeah, those are exactly my thoughts, so I just chose the one that I liked more at the moment of voting, 'Worldwide' ('Coalition of the Elements' —such a Golden Sun title— was pretty close).

every time i listen to worldwide, im always waiting for the incredible chorus. Maybe its just me, but I'm always blown away by the vocals on that part. "Mankind wanders mountains, stand still the master and the slave"

I also just noticed harsh vocals buried deep within that mix on that part. I think hes yelling DIES

i've noticed the harsh vocals thing some days ago, while i was listening to the album in my car with a quite high volume, because it's really hidden in deep...but i cannot tell what he says...