new Bush interview

I'm not the hugest fan of Bush-era Anthrax as a whole and you can say what you want about tarnishing a legacy or whatever but I still think (for some odd reason and yes it was a shock to me back when it happened) that adding JB to the line-up and making Sound Of White Noise is what needed to happen at the time.

I'm not the hugest fan of Bush-era Anthrax as a whole and you can say what you want about tarnishing a legacy or whatever but I still think (for some odd reason and yes it was a shock to me back when it happened) that adding JB to the line-up and making Sound Of White Noise is what needed to happen at the time.

I'm not sure I agree.. Anthrax was in the height of their popularity before white noise came out..they were headlining large arenas. They would have been every bit as successful on the next album if Joey was in the band and they did POT part 2. I know me for one didn't even know bush was in the band until I bought the cd and was stunned...the next album tanked which you could argue that the bush experiment didn't have any lasting effect

Nobody thought Joey could make worship music good including the band..yet he is the best party of the new album and has a big part in why it is so well received

I'm not sure I agree.. Anthrax was in the height of their popularity before white noise came out..they were headlining large arenas. They would have been every bit as successful on the next album if Joey was in the band and they did POT part 2. I know me for one didn't even know bush was in the band until I bought the cd and was stunned...the next album tanked which you could argue that the bush experiment didn't have any lasting effect

Nobody thought Joey could make worship music good including the band..yet he is the best party of the new album and has a big part in why it is so well received

I can't believe I'm saying this but I believe with IMF09, err I mean Kirkland... for the most part that is.

I too didn't know that John Bush was the new singer in the band until after I saw the Only video on MTV, as a matter of fact despite the fact that shortly after the Bush fronted version of Anthrax would become my favorite era of the band, I was bummed at the time that Joey was gone --- and I only vaguely knew of Bush as the guy who sang in the band that was in the Hellraiser movie.

I think Worship music proved that Joey could have been the frontman for SOWN, though lyrically because Bush contributed to songwriting it would have been a little bit of a different album. However as IMF09, errr Kirkland said Joey's vocals ARE the best part of Worship Music and IS a big part in why that album was well received, and musically Worship Music is probably a little closer to SOWN then POT.

As far as the Bush didn't have a lasting effect on Anthrax and the second album tanking, that's where I draw the line.

Stomp 442 was a KICK ASS album, and if it “tanked” it only “tanked” because of record company bull shit.

No, no, no. Stomp was complete shit

Even Megadeth's Risk & Th1rt3en aren't as bad as it. Even Load & Reload. Even St. Anger.

I remember a lot of press releases when Bush replaced Joey. MTV had the news reports at the end of the hour when it took place and then had news reports about Anthrax being in the studio with Bush. Most of the metal magazines (Circus, Metal Edge, etc.) at that time had articles regarding the change as well.

I think Worship music proved that Joey could have been the frontman for SOWN, though lyrically because Bush contributed to songwriting it would have been a little bit of a different album. However as IMF09, errr Kirkland said Joey's vocals ARE the best part of Worship Music and IS a big part in why that album was well received, and musically Worship Music is probably a little closer to SOWN then POT.

I'm not saying that Joey couldn't have done SOWN which he could have just fine. It's just that the new so-called diverse musical climate of the time didn't seem like it was about to support Joey's 80s arena rock persona. If Anthrax would've continued with him I feel like they may have stopped altogether. Bush-fronted Anthrax just seemed more compatible to a new fan base which I think helped them survive those lean years. Bush seemed comfortable tailoring his image to what was happening at the time. I don't think Joey ever seemed like he'd do that and he still seems now like he did then. This is nothing against either of these guys. It's more about the public and how they consume their entertainment.

I'm not saying that Joey couldn't have done SOWN which he could have just fine. It's just that the new so-called diverse musical climate of the time didn't seem like it was about to support Joey's 80s arena rock persona. If Anthrax would've continued with him I feel like they may have stopped altogether. Bush-fronted Anthrax just seemed more compatible to a new fan base which I think helped them survive those lean years. Bush seemed comfortable tailoring his image to what was happening at the time. I don't think Joey ever seemed like he'd do that and he still seems now like he did then. This is nothing against either of these guys. It's more about the public and how they consume their entertainment.

The reality is anthrax during the bush era had a hard time filling 300 seat clubs...the most successful tour they did in that era was the reunion tour which is the tour that helped keep Anthrax continue to be a band..and yes Joey and Dan Spitz were in that line up

Put it how you want , anthrax with Joey has always been successful..in 1985, 2005, or 2012 Joey fronted anthrax has consistently been successful

On the contrary bush era has one success in white noise but that was not because of bush it was from the hype that came before it from the huge POT arena tours, clash of the titans etc

I think we would had our worship music if Joey was on sown,they could have been as big as Metallica but they commited career suicide by changing singers