New Cyhra Album 2018-2019

Karma is one of Jake's less inspir

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sometimes I read things and my mind is like "nah, that's impossible, just read it again".

This is one of those times.

The music in karma stands on its own. Its good and energetic and Jake's just adds to what was there. We can discuss rescue ride or black wings. But karma? It's like saying that embody the invisible is energetic due to anders. Well, if you close your mind and deny that there's some good music behind then it's possible.

Exactly :D Slave could have literally brought up any other song from the album and I'd say yeah, guitar work could definitely be better, but Karma? That's the one song where the guitars are awesome throughout.

Karma, heartrage, letters to myself... Those are the guitar highlights from this album.

Just listened to "Forever"... I can see why this wasn't included on the album :D it's total power metal. There are elements of PM on LtM, but Forever is full blown power metal. It isn't even trying to hide it. Some really cool guitar melodies though. It ends kind of suddenly.

Good song if you're into PM, but can't see anybody who dislikes the genre appreciating it. Definitely wouldn't have fit on the album.

I'm a little late here. I wanted to say that Jesper is the only one to blame for being in bad terms with Anders. His alcohol abuse was a problem for the whole band...they didn't know if he will show up in studio in time, they didn't know if he will catch a plane with the rest of the band. He even left them right before a tour. So, Anders and Bjorn have every right to be annoyed with his unprofessionalism. He left In Flames because he was in need for help, not because he didn't approve of their musical direction. I remember him saying that he really loved ASOP and that he doesn't get why people hate it so much.

Now about Cyhra and LtM, I'm sorry but it was generic for me too. The three songs mentioned before ( Karma, Heartrage and Letters to Myself ) are the only ones from this album that caught my attention and there are still on my playlist. There are more songs from Battles on my playlist . Probably, I was expecting more from Jesper who I consider a great composer and he has my respect for his work with In Flames and Hammerfall.

Anyway, I would gladly listen to some new music from Cyhra, but I would like some more emphasis on the guitar work ( like Karma ). Jake's vocals sometimes work fine for me and sometimes don't...I haven't made up my mind about him yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jester Slave
Thank you. The blatant discredit of the facts in your first paragraph is what grinds my gears. I'd gladly argue about IF and Anders, but sadly (or thankfully?) the story of Jesper's struggles should not involve anyone else but himself. We don't have to bring up his garbage days of old, but then don't pretend that Anders had anything to do with it.

Man, I would be so happy to see Jesper and IF make up. I don't want Jesper to pose with SC and say how much he likes it if it's not true, no one wants that. But they had a life and a career together, and even if it came to a sad end, it shouldn't shatter that bond. They don't have to be friends, as I am absolutely sure they are both grateful for one another,and they both respect one another, even if their views about stuff are complete opposites. There is absolutely no reason for Jesper not making a cameo during a live show, where they play Behind Space with him. He just needs to fucking stop burning bridges.

What I see however is that you guys enable him. Whenever he behaves like an absolute manchild, you go for the memes and just reassure that yeah, fuck Anders, instead telling him that he is a grown ass man, and 1.) he should stop embarassing himself while hurting his ex mate and 2.) his message of "fuck Anders" was heard loud and clear the first dozen times as well, no need to keep lashing out on someone who is basically radio silent for ~10 years now.

I don't want Jesper to pose with SC and say how much he likes it if it's not true, no one wants that
He did not do that. It was the IF community manager after a picture of him with bjorn holding the vinyl version of the album and the words were "Jesper approves it" or "the metal twins approve it" or something like that. Just don't put words that they did not say into people's mouths.

He did not do that. It was the IF community manager after a picture of him with bjorn holding the vinyl version of the album and the words were "Jesper approves it" or "the metal twins approve it" or something like that. Just don't put words that they did not say into people's mouths.
Jesus Christ, like talking to a cult. The fucking guy holds up a record from the person, he trashed before and after, a record he later said is not good, AND HE IS STILL BEING DEFENDED. "Actually........" - absolutely pointless man, but at least now I've reached the point where I can laugh at it, because it's so surreal.

It was the community manager who wrote that. Okay, so who gave it to him? Who told him to pose with it in a way that seems like he approves of it? Once again, I wish I'd get the amount of blowjobs Jesper gets from you guys. It's the "Hitler did nothing wrong" of In Flames.

Amazing that Slave said this literally two days ago:

And it shouldn't come up, honestly. We will never know what went down, and all we know that Jesper liked to shitcan himself, while Anders felt more and more like a primadonna. There shouldn't be much sympathy for any of them to begin with, but knowing how their problems were never big enough to turn down the big bucks, we shouldn't even care.

Who the fuck cares about Anders or instilling some manbaby drama once again? One can dream. For a start I'd be happy if Jesper could prove himself musically once again, because reusing IF tunes while understandably safe, should not pass for their second record.

Then proceeds to "like" a post talking about this shit and then proceeds to write a thesis on it. It's almost like a false narrative was created for Slave to give himself a fake moral high ground when he was actually just saying "wahhh your opinion doesn't match mine", but hey, that's just how it looks. Maybe there's another explanation.

If not, why not take your own advice, Slave, shut up about Anders/Jesper and talk about Cyhra instead, as we were before you derailed the topic back to this?

Reactions: eochaid
Jesus Christ, like talking to a cult. The fucking guy holds up a record from the person, he trashed before and after, a record he later said is not good, AND HE IS STILL BEING DEFENDED.
I'm talking about facts.

Fact. He did not trash them before of this picture.

Fact. He was friends with Bjorn.

Fact. They're holding the album

Fact. It's the IF faceboom page the one saying that he aproves of this.

Conclusion. You're too biased to see the facts so you came up woth your own alternative story.

It was the community manager who wrote that. Okay, so who gave it to him? Who told him to pose with it in a way that seems like he approves of it? Once again, I wish I'd get the amount of blowjobs Jesper gets from you guys. It's the "Hitler did nothing wrong" of In Flames.

He's smiling! Jebus sake! We don't even know if he had heard the album before taking the picture. He's just with a friend holding the cover of his latest album. That's all that we know.

I'm literally saying that he's at fault for the current situation and you're still denying it. It's just your congnitive dissonance regarding siren charms that doesn't allow you to think clearly.

What Ilias7 said are more or less facts. They were confirmed in interviews, even is Jesper couldn't make up his mind whether to admit that he was absolutely trashed, or to say that when he was kicked he had no problem at all. IF said it was fucking hard ,borderline impossible to work with him. The Resistance said the same. I'm not making it up.

What I was talking about is the relationship between Jesper and Anders specifically. We don't know shit about that, except for the "making of..." documentaries. There is no need to daydream about possible stories where they beat each-other up in the studio, because we simply don't know.

The reach you go for is impeccable. You showed time and time again, that you are way too smart to not understand this, yet when it comes to defending Jesper, you grab every grass to somehow whitewash him out of his own misery. Let me guess: now you're gonna say how The Resistance said nicer things about him later, and you're going to pretend it was not just 1. wounds being healed 2. supporting Jesper in his new project.
I'm talking about facts.

Fact. He did not trash them before of this picture.

Fact. He was friends with Bjorn.

Fact. They're holding the album

Fact. It's the IF faceboom page the one saying that he aproves of this.

Conclusion. You're too biased to see the facts so you came up woth your own alternative story.
I see, so Jesper, in fact, is autistic, as he has no idea that holding a fucking newly released record for a photo heavily implies that you approve, or at least happy with it. Amazing. How can this man be an alcoholic i nthe first place, when now I question his ability to even swallow??

My dudes, if Jesper is your son, please admit it, because not even a mother acts so dumb when it's about protecting her young.
He's smiling! Jebus sake! We don't even know if he had heard the album before taking the picture. He's just with a friend holding the cover of his latest album. That's all that we know.

I'm literally saying that he's at fault for the current situation and you're still denying it. It's just your congnitive dissonance regarding siren charms that doesn't allow you to think clearly.
THEN DON'T FUCKING POSE AND SMILE IF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS??????????????????????????????????

I wish I could lactate, because all this discussion about how mentally retarded Jesper is according to you, made me want to breastfeed him.

THEN DON'T FUCKING POSE AND SMILE IF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS??????????????????????????????????
He knows what it is. A fucking cover for the latest album of his friend and former ex bandmate. Maybe that's not enough for you but it is for the most of the people.

I see, so Jesper, in fact, is autistic, as he has no idea that holding a fucking newly released record for a photo heavily implies that you approve, or at least happy with it. Amazing
It doesn't. I'm smiling while holding the Disney's blu rays of my daughter and I approve shit of them.

It doesn't. I'm smiling while holding the Disney's blu rays of my daughter and I approve shit of them.

Aladdin is awesome tbf.

Also, Slave...

my-brain-every-time-im-in-over-my-head-talking-to-a-girl-94324.jpg